Moratorium On The Lankster Videos

R. Rich

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never actually clicked on one of those links and it looks like all I missed were some sick people making fun of someone's ailment. :rolleyes:

This is probably my 3rd post so my opinion may not matter, however, the links and comments about Lanskter are ridiculous. How about giving the guy credit for playing hard, making the team and having the guts to get up in front of people to talk. How many press conferences in the NFL have you seen where the player replies with "Yes sir". I am extremely happy he made the team and I honestly hope to see him get significant playing time this year.

GO BILLS

As the parent of a 24 year old daughter who is disabled and who had severe speech problem for a significant part of her life I am saddened that the moderators of this board have continued to allow the vicious attacks on Ellis Lankster. Frankly I am not surprised that the same people who post the amazingly infantile non-contructive items about the team seem to be foaming at the mouth to say something cruel about his stuttering problems.

Are so many of you still thriving in your high school mentalities that you have to bully someone with some type of disability or a physical issue that is just part of who they are? Are you that low that you need to keep getting excited about seeing a manufactured video of a young man who stutters? This is a young man who has successfully gone from high school to college and not to professional football while dealing this this very embarassing problem. Are you the same people who mocked kids like my daughter in the hallways of school thinking it's fun to pick on the special ed kids?

As my recent postings have shown ... I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills who wants my team to win as many games as possible. I am not about name calling but I totally agree that this is a place to criticize what happens with our team. I am not an apologist for the owner, Russ, the "vice presidents of talent," the scouts, the coaches, nor the players. It actually is possible to have a civilized discussion of the faults of the team without sinking to our basest levels and certainly it is sad when any one who thinks of themselves as a fan wants their team to lose.

But these attacks on Lankster .. the snickering, slobbering bullying just needs to stop. I again challenge the moderators to be bold and say no more ... the stuttering doesn't affect him as a player ... let the boards talk about him on the field but let's stop the sickening level of bullying that just lowers this board to an embarassment rather than what I thought it was ... a place to talk about Buffalo Bills' football.

As the parent of a 24 year old daughter who is disabled and who had severe speech problem for a significant part of her life I am saddened that the moderators of this board have continued to allow the vicious attacks on Ellis Lankster. Frankly I am not surprised that the same people who post the amazingly infantile non-contructive items about the team seem to be foaming at the mouth to say something cruel about his stuttering problems.

Are so many of you still thriving in your high school mentalities that you have to bully someone with some type of disability or a physical issue that is just part of who they are? Are you that low that you need to keep getting excited about seeing a manufactured video of a young man who stutters? This is a young man who has successfully gone from high school to college and not to professional football while dealing this this very embarassing problem. Are you the same people who mocked kids like my daughter in the hallways of school thinking it's fun to pick on the special ed kids?

As my recent postings have shown ... I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills who wants my team to win as many games as possible. I am not about name calling but I totally agree that this is a place to criticize what happens with our team. I am not an apologist for the owner, Russ, the "vice presidents of talent," the scouts, the coaches, nor the players. It actually is possible to have a civilized discussion of the faults of the team without sinking to our basest levels and certainly it is sad when any one who thinks of themselves as a fan wants their team to lose.

But these attacks on Lankster .. the snickering, slobbering bullying just needs to stop. I again challenge the moderators to be bold and say no more ... the stuttering doesn't affect him as a player ... let the boards talk about him on the field but let's stop the sickening level of bullying that just lowers this board to an embarassment rather than what I thought it was ... a place to talk about Buffalo Bills' football.

That's what this thread is about.

I agree with your ideas about the juvenile ideas behind those posts!!

Actually, I've been quite surprised by the members of this board and the maturity and understanding they have shown, outside of a few who either didn't understand why he was speaking that way, or just didn't care.

Care to provide a link or hit "report" on those attacks, or are you referring to the threads that had already been removed before R. Rich posted this warning on behalf of the moderating staff you're criticizing?

Thanks.

Care to provide a link or hit "report" on those attacks, or are you referring to the threads that had already been removed before R. Rich posted this warning on behalf of the moderating staff you're criticizing?

Thanks.

Lori,

If you have started cleaning things up I apologize ... I do not know who is on the staff and therefore didn't realize he was staff rather than one of the many readers who are just so tired of the juvenile attitudes. My reply was to support Rich, who I thought was another reader.

The denigration of the discussions here gets very frustrating and when they stuppidly sink into mocking someone's speech patterns it strikes way too close to home and after a long day at work I had to speak out.

The moderators have a very difficult job because there are more and more individuals who just like to attack rather than criticize.

GO BILLS and HOORAY for those individuals with disABILITIES who use their abilities to succeed in spite of the challenges in their lives!

Lori,

If you have started cleaning things up I apologize ... I do not know who is on the staff and therefore didn't realize he was staff rather than one of the many readers who are just so tired of the juvenile attitudes. My reply was to support Rich, who I thought was another reader.

The denigration of the discussions here gets very frustrating and when they stuppidly sink into mocking someone's speech patterns it strikes way too close to home and after a long day at work I had to speak out.

The moderators have a very difficult job because there are more and more individuals who just like to attack rather than criticize.

GO BILLS and HOORAY for those individuals with disABILITIES who use their abilities to succeed in spite of the challenges in their lives!

Lori's key point was that there is this bright red button below your display name titled "Report". If you think something needs our attention - then report it. Most of us don't read all 1500 posts per day, every day, year after year.

Lori's key point was that there is this bright red button below your display name titled "Report". If you think something needs our attention - then report it. Most of us don't read all 1500 posts per day, every day, year after year.

Slackers! :)

No seriously, the report button is a good idea.