Turk says it's a Pop Warner offense

LGB

It looks like Dick Jauron is dumbing down the offense and could it be that he alone is responsible for lack of production from the coaching/game management/play calling standpoint?

Will Van Pelt be just another guy in the dumb and dumber story for the Buffalo Bills?

Welcome to the board have you been gone for a while. I would encourage you to scroll down and read all the other forum that talk about this. In fact a lot of the forums understand that simpler is better.

Welcome to the board have you been gone for a while. I would encourage you to scroll down and read all the other forum that talk about this. In fact a lot of the forums understand that simpler is better.

Yeah, like the fewer threads on the same topic the better.

In fact a lot of the forums understand that simpler is better.

okay, I am sure there is other similar posts, but I don't understand why the Bills have put themselves in this position. Dick Jauron has had his chance (3 strikes) - so I don't care if his way is simpler. Why - because his way has not worked for 3 years and now Turk comes out and says Jauron runs the team like pop-warner?!?

So does that mean because we play pop-warner, we spent millions of dollars at WR that will never see the ball beyond a five yard check-down pass?!?

It looks like Dick Jauron is dumbing down the offense and could it be that he alone is responsible for lack of production from the coaching/game management/play calling standpoint?

Will Van Pelt be just another guy in the dumb and dumber story for the Buffalo Bills?

Nope....The right guy got whacked. I am pretty sure Jouron is not the answer, but after reading what I have about the Turk, he simply would not have cut it as our OC. He made a couple of huge tactical errors;

1. Not really being a part of the coaching team, (sort of know it all).

2. Complicated offenses are a waste - the best teams have 3 or so bread and butter plays that can be run out of different formations and Turk's offense sounded needless complex with a yound and inexperienced Qb at the helm.

In the end - I am hoping the AVP remembers the way it was - a couple of counter runs and 3 pass plays they relied upon...

Nope....The right guy got whacked. I am pretty sure Jouron is not the answer, but after reading what I have about the Turk, he simply would not have cut it as our OC. He made a couple of huge tactical errors;

1. Not really being a part of the coaching team, (sort of know it all).

2. Complicated offenses are a waste - the best teams have 3 or so bread and butter plays that can be run out of different formations and Turk's offense sounded needless complex with a yound and inexperienced Qb at the helm.

In the end - I am hoping the AVP remembers the way it was - a couple of counter runs and 3 pass plays they relied upon...

simple might be the way to go, but these aren't the Jim Kelly era Bills.

Also, if the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) approach was working, the Bills would surely have perfected those five plays by now...at least to the point were the starters should have found the end zone at least once during the last three pre-season games.

simple might be the way to go, but these aren't the Jim Kelly era Bills.

Also, if the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) approach was working, the Bills would surely have perfected those five plays by now...at least to the point were the starters should have found the end zone at least once during the last three pre-season games.

Are you certain the KISS approach was being employed? In the weeks leading up to Schonert's firing, do you think the Bills were relentlessly and repeatedly practicing a few, simple, bread and butter plays, the way the 49ers once relentlessly practiced the quick slant to Jerry Rice?

Are you certain the KISS approach was being employed? In the weeks leading up to Schonert's firing, do you think the Bills were relentlessly and repeatedly practicing a few, simple, bread and butter plays, the way the 49ers once relentlessly practiced the quick slant to Jerry Rice?

I guess my point is after reading the "pop-warner" comment that implies Jauron is keeping it simple is:

whatever Jauron has tried has not worked. Going 0-6 in the division last year means you do not have a clue how to beat at least one team that you have faced twice a season for the previous two years.

Why do other teams in the division improve and the Bills fall behind? There has to be a reason and hopefully we will not see the same sort of game day time and play-calling mismanagement that has been maddening the last three years.

Again, whatever works - simple or the Mike Martz style (bible-sized play book) - as long as there is some improvement.

Bad offensive line. You aren't going to get vertical, aren't going to be able to do anything that takes time to develop. If AVP is going to do anything he'll put in a blocker fullback with the halfback or go two tight ends. we bet the farm on the vertical game (TO and Evans) and we simply need to get Edwards more time. Our offensive line as it exists and in this stage of development isn't getting the job done. I'm going way back to Cookie Gilchrist and Wray Carlton protecting Jack Kemp (with a better offensive line by the way) for Golden Wheels Dubenion and Glenn Bass as primary receivers. Warlick was an excellent receiver but a good pass blocker as well at TE. I have a feeling there is a trick special teams play that will be played early in the game...an unexpected onsides kick or a fake punt. Our defense should be good. I see a final score of 24-17

My "Goat" vote goes to Turk.

I've not liked his game planning. He's has a knack of calling the wrong plays at the worst time and hes; actually drifted away from plays that work!

With one "Goat" gone Juaron is the only one left now to blame. Besides Ralph NOT wantign to cough up big $$$ for coaches.

okay, I am sure there is other similar posts, but I don't understand why the Bills have put themselves in this position. Dick Jauron has had his chance (3 strikes) - so I don't care if his way is simpler. Why - because his way has not worked for 3 years and now Turk comes out and says Jauron runs the team like pop-warner?!?

So does that mean because we play pop-warner, we spent millions of dollars at WR that will never see the ball beyond a five yard check-down pass?!?

I'm not sure which pop warner leagues you or Turk are watching that utilize the check down pass.

I'm not sure which pop warner leagues you or Turk are watching that utilize the check down pass.

If you had bothered to read the previous threads, you would have discovered pretty much every top quarterback and offense employ a "simple" offense. You would have also caught a great article about Belichick in which it speaks about his offensive philosophy being about keeping it simple.

So hooray, you've joined the leagues of let's criticize every single thing about the team regardless of whether it's a good, bad, zany decision whether it's about football, personnel, penny pinching or parking. I do apologize if you're just practicing for a job on Fox News though.

If you had bothered to read the previous threads, you would have discovered pretty much every top quarterback and offense employ a "simple" offense. You would have also caught a great article about Belichick in which it speaks about his offensive philosophy being about keeping it simple.

So hooray, you've joined the leagues of let's criticize every single thing about the team regardless of whether it's a good, bad, zany decision whether it's about football, personnel, penny pinching or parking. I do apologize if you're just practicing for a job on Fox News though.

Maybe you should apologize because your reply is not addressed at anything he said? Just a thought.

I guess my point is after reading the "pop-warner" comment that implies Jauron is keeping it simple is:

whatever Jauron has tried has not worked. Going 0-6 in the division last year means you do not have a clue how to beat at least one team that you have faced twice a season for the previous two years.

Why do other teams in the division improve and the Bills fall behind? There has to be a reason and hopefully we will not see the same sort of game day time and play-calling mismanagement that has been maddening the last three years.

Again, whatever works - simple or the Mike Martz style (bible-sized play book) - as long as there is some improvement.

I think it's just sour grapes, would you have anything good to say about your boss after getting canned?