We need Marty

Pitta

People keep bringing up Gruden as the next potential coach of the Bills.

I understand Jon, but Gruden? are you serious? That would set us back another 5 years... Just because he's famous for scowling on the sidelines and being nicknamed "Chucky" doesn't make him a good coach. He beat his own players after he got to Tampa. Who Built that team? Not him..... I want Marty. Is he old.? yes. Does he build winners? yes. Does he have a history? yes. Does he have Bills ties? yes. Has SD been the same since he left? NO. Has he won in the playoffs? no..... Can you blame Byner fumbling on the goal line on him? no. I'm just saying Marty is our best bet. Has the game passed him by? Ask Joe Paterno. Ask Bobby Bowden.

Come on folks. Football is blocking and tackling. Everything else is about how to put your players in a situation to do that best.....It's not brain surgery

I'd be okay with Marty, and that would strike me as a Ralph move.

However, keep an eye on either A) Retaining April once he takes over as HC or B) Jack Del Rio.

The Jaguars probably wont be very good this year and Del Rio will likely take the brunt of it. He doesn't have the big-name publicity that the Grudens, Shanahans or Cowhers have (or the rings, I know...but I'm trying to think like Ralph here) but he has had decent success and is very much a disciplinarian.

I don't know if he's still interested in coaching, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dungy here. He's not the fire and brimstone type of coach that fans are clamoring for, but he can get animated when he needs to. He'll treat the players with respect, and tends to get the best out of them. It was his team that Gruden won the SB with. We have been building this team toward a similar philosophy that they employ in Indy, and if we have been at all successful it would mean we wouldn't have to overhaul the entire roster to run the type of schemes he's familiar with, both offensively and defensively, as he is the person responsible for the Tampa 2 if memory serves. Just a thought.

Not big on Dungy as I thought he always underachieved (it was HIS team Gruden won with) Also not big on Gruden. I think Marty is intriguing as is del rio who ive always respected but i gotta lean towards shanahan as my prefered choice since Cowher would Never come here (hope im wrong on that) More than anything i just want a coach that wont make me stand in my shower wondering how the hell he(Juaron) was our best bet and thinking great were gonna suck for another 3 years. Someone has it as a signature but PLAYOFFS OR IMPLOSION - enough with the mediocrity.

Guest dog14787

I understand Jon, but Gruden? are you serious? That would set us back another 5 years... Just because he's famous for scowling on the sidelines and being nicknamed "Chucky" doesn't make him a good coach. He beat his own players after he got to Tampa. Who Built that team? Not him..... I want Marty. Is he old.? yes. Does he build winners? yes. Does he have a history? yes. Does he have Bills ties? yes. Has SD been the same since he left? NO. Has he won in the playoffs? no..... Can you blame Byner fumbling on the goal line on him? no. I'm just saying Marty is our best bet. Has the game passed him by? Ask Joe Paterno. Ask Bobby Bowden.

Come on folks. Football is blocking and tackling. Everything else is about how to put your players in a situation to do that best.....It's not brain surgery

My preferred choice is Cowher, Grudin and Martyball a close 3rd out of all the coaches possibly available with NFL experience and a proven track record.

Then there's always the Texas Tech mad Genius

Marty Brodeur? He is the best goalie of all time but I don't think he could help the Bills. Seriously the Bills need to get either Marty or Gruden both guys could help out the Bills big time. Gruden has a ring and built up the Raiders to a Super Bowl contender and the Raiders are a bigger mess than the Bills. Marty Schottenhimer while he won't take this place to the promise land he will build them back up to be a consistent playoff team that can legitimately compete for a title once he is gone.

If it came down to Marty of Gruden I think Ralph would take Marty because he would come at a much cheaper price and would be a better guy for the QB position.

Not big on Dungy as I thought he always underachieved (it was HIS team Gruden won with) Also not big on Gruden. I think Marty is intriguing as is del rio who ive always respected but i gotta lean towards shanahan as my prefered choice since Cowher would Never come here (hope im wrong on that) More than anything i just want a coach that wont make me stand in my shower wondering how the hell he(Juaron) was our best bet and thinking great were gonna suck for another 3 years. Someone has it as a signature but PLAYOFFS OR IMPLOSION - enough with the mediocrity.

Not sayin' he'd be my first choice to blow it all up and start from scratch, more that given the players at hand he might be able to to more with it sooner as they fit a similar philosophy. Indy's not a bad model, though I'm not certain he could attain near the same success without Manning.

Cowher or Shanahan. If the Bills have a poor season, fire Jauron, and both of these guy are available and we fail to land one of them, that is an epic failure. Especially if they wind up on other teams.

so you think Ralph is going to pay the remaining money on Jaurons contract plus what it would take to get Cowher or Shanahan?

one name everyone seems to forget is Mike Holmgren.

He is another offensive minded HC who could also bring instant credibility to our GM position, as well.

My order would be:

1.) Cowher (naysayers be damned)

2.) Shanahan

3.) Holmgren

4.) Marty

I think Marty could also bring respectability back to the franchise and get them back to the playoffs. however, Marty's biggest issue is his inability to carry a team deep into the playoffs and into the Super Bowl.

Not sayin' he'd be my first choice to blow it all up and start from scratch, more that given the players at hand he might be able to to more with it sooner as they fit a similar philosophy. Indy's not a bad model, though I'm not certain he could attain near the same success without Manning.

are you saying trent doesnt equal peyton? Do agree he seems an okay fit for our personnel but cant we just get our gm back from them. Come home Polian!

Marty would be a perfect fit for Buffalo.

Maybe. I saw a Marty interview about 2 years ago where he clearly stated he would not cach in the NFL again. Of course people change their mindes, but he seemed quite certain of it at the tme. Said he is really enjoying his retirement lifestyle.