Brian Brohm

silvermike

He was a consensus top ten pick for a little while, chose to go back to school, spent a few months as a #1 overall prospect, then had a rough senior year and fell to the second round.

Brian Brohm, welcome to the practice squad.

If you're a consensus top 10 pick, I just can't imagine why you would go back to school.

Look at Sam Bradford: He would have gone top 10 (perhaps even before Stafford/Sanchez) and he went back and got a nasty shoulder injury last night (granted, it might only be 2-4wks, so it's not *that* bad) but why not cash in and do the troy aikman route and finish up your last year whenever you've got the free time. Not to mention a whole lotta money in the bank...

He has been totally outplayed by Matt Flynn who was drafted a few rounds lower that same year.

The Packers can look at their own pick a few years ago of Aaron Rogers. It was thought that he could actually be chosen ahead of Alex Smith by more then a few draftnics. Instead, the 49ers rolled the dice on Smith early, and Rogers fell all the way to the late 20's before the Packers finally snagged him.

4 or 5 years later Alex Smith still can't earn the starting job in SF, while Rogers has filled the enormous shoes of Favre in Green Bay and seems to be well on his way to Pro Bowl form.

He was a consensus top ten pick for a little while, chose to go back to school, spent a few months as a #1 overall prospect, then had a rough senior year and fell to the second round.

Another reminder of why it is a bad idea to draft a QB in the first two rounds. No one really has any idea if they can play in the NFL until they actually try to do it.

Guest dog14787

What about this Tom Brady look alike, Graham Harrell who goes undrafted and all he did was was throw for the NCAA record for the most touchdown passes (134) in major college annals. He also placed second all-time with 15,793 yards passing. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/gra...arrell?id=71321

Of course it didn't hurt that he was playing for this fella Mike Leach( The mad Football scientist)

Talk about tough,

In the final regular season game against Baylor, Harrell shattered two of his fingers (the pinkie and middle finger) of his non-throwing hand during the second quarter. At halftime, Harrell's hand got x-rayed, and medical examiners advised Harrell to discontinue playing in the game. Harrell replied, "Tape my hand up. I'm going out." Harrell played the rest of the game with black tape around his fingers. He finished with 309 total passing yards and two touchdowns. With the victory, Tech clinched a share of the Big 12 South title, though fell short at going to the Big 12 Championship Game. On the day following the Baylor game, Harrell underwent a four-hour surgery, in which 17 pins and two plates were inserted into his injured hand to heal nine different breaks. He was later cleared to play in the postseason bowl game.

What about this Tom Brady look alike, Graham Harrell who goes undrafted and all he did was was throw for the NCAA record for the most touchdown passes (134) in major college annals. He also placed second all-time with 15,793 yards passing. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/gra...arrell?id=71321

Of course it didn't hurt that he was playing for this fella Mike Leach( The mad Football scientist)

Talk about tough,

In the final regular season game against Baylor, Harrell shattered two of his fingers (the pinkie and middle finger) of his non-throwing hand during the second quarter. At halftime, Harrell's hand got x-rayed, and medical examiners advised Harrell to discontinue playing in the game. Harrell replied, "Tape my hand up. I'm going out." Harrell played the rest of the game with black tape around his fingers. He finished with 309 total passing yards and two touchdowns. With the victory, Tech clinched a share of the Big 12 South title, though fell short at going to the Big 12 Championship Game. On the day following the Baylor game, Harrell underwent a four-hour surgery, in which 17 pins and two plates were inserted into his injured hand to heal nine different breaks. He was later cleared to play in the postseason bowl game.

hahahahaha you are such a suckup...you had never heard of Leach literally until yesterday, but because you and Senator shared a moment you are now spreading the Leach stuff...I mean it was literally yesterday in the "Jim Kelly" thread and you know nothing about him other than that video Senator puts up...and now you are referring to him as the "mad football scientist" and posting videos of him too...hahaha...you are just too much...

Not knocking Leach, but you just crack me up man...

Guest dog14787
hahahahaha you are such a suckup...you had never heard of Leach literally until yesterday, but because you and Senator shared a moment you are now spreading the Leach stuff...I mean it was literally yesterday in the "Jim Kelly" thread and you know nothing about him other than that video Senator puts up...and now you are referring to him as the "mad football scientist" and posting videos of him too...hahaha...you are just too much...

Not knocking Leach, but you just crack me up man...

As long as the senator has been posting things about Mike Leach and you think this is the first time I've checked into him, well I'm not digging through my post for your dumb arss, but if you would like to you will see I looked into Leach a long time ago, it was just the first time I seen the video and really got to know the man.

Go for it you moron, go through my posts and watch for Graham Harrell discussions with the senator, (Leach's QB) I even convinced the Senator to approach Tim Graham to ask him why Graham Harrell didn't make an NFL team.

They just keep getting dumber and dumber. :rolleyes:

The Packers can look at their own pick a few years ago of Aaron Rogers. It was thought that he could actually be chosen ahead of Alex Smith by more then a few draftnics. Instead, the 49ers rolled the dice on Smith early, and Rogers fell all the way to the late 20's before the Packers finally snagged him.

4 or 5 years later Alex Smith still can't earn the starting job in SF, while Rogers has filled the enormous shoes of Favre in Green Bay and seems to be well on his way to Pro Bowl form.

Alex Smith was a reach by a team desperate for a QB...he was no where near the best player in the draft

I hope that Brohm found that quest to be worth the $20M he gave up to pursue it.

Brohm didn't give up anything by going back. Just because some media types said he would be a top-10 pick does not mean that is where he would have been drafted. For example, these same media types pegged Andre Woodson as a top-5 pick during his senior year at Kentucky and went in the 6th round.

Players need to go through the "draft process" before anybody can really say where they will be taken. Until you can get accurate height, weight, and speed measurements on people, as well as the medical reports to go along with the real film evaluation we can't say where a player will go.

Proof to all you college football nuts that once you have the ability to go into the NFL and make big bucks you should go just go and don't look back ever take the money and run. Bradford is the same deal could have been the top pick this year but he just had to go back to play for free another year and chase after a championship most people don't care about because its not based off a playoff and now he is hurt and his team is not likely to play in the title game.

Well Billsfan89 you just don't get it you are all about the money there is a little thing called pride for your school. First off the schools are all about the money too its a business you have to look out for yourself, Secondly who cares about your school your school won't pay you the difference in your salary because you stayed an extra year. Simply put pride doesn't pay the Bills and your college just rides you for 3-4 years for free because they can and no one realizes how much money they make off the football programs.

Brohm you are a moron you were a top 16 pick and could have came out but nope I gotz to got back and play for free for no real reason. And his college did nothing for that kid except use him to get donations and sell ads. But I hope he gets traded to a team that could use him because not only do the Pack have Rodgers they have Flynn as the backup.