Richard Seymour traded to Raiders

jayg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a few complete busts. Mayo is the only decent draft pick they've had in the last few years. The Pats are building for the future, and there's nothing wrong with that. This move screams salary dump, though.

Maroney hasn't been stellar, mainly because he seems injury prone. Meriweather will be a starter, but they haven't had much from beneath the 1st in recent years and I'll grant you that. They've gotten older that's for sure.

NE has defined in the salary cap era how to remain competitive without going into total rebuild move. There aren't many teams that have a track record of success for nearly a decade aside from perhaps IND.

I hate the Patriettes (and Red Sox), but I'll grudgingly admit they have one of the finest front offices in the NFL.

How th F :unsure: does NE get high draft picks year after year? Their front office just makes ours look stupid.

In our defense they make EVERYONE'S front office look stupid especially the raiders. MAN I hate Al Davis! He gives it all away to the Pats. First round picks, Moss for a song. Didn't they even just trade some productive defensive end to the Pats too?

sheesh

and take the high road? ... hmm, never thought of that idea. might try it. thanks Steely.

jw

oh, one more: having responded to the wrong post in his/her response, and having been called out on it, jwwswhatever cringes at his/her "dora the explorer" computer and quietly mumbles, "curses, foiled by my own hands."

ADD: gotta go. catch me in Sirius in a minute or so.

oh the irony

typical patriots move, trade someone that no longer fits the system regardless of what he's done for you. and we keep schoebel and kelsay, go figure

Although I think the Pats are a group of cheaters I think their front office is second to none, never afraid to get rid of aging talent or talent that is going to cost buko bucks (I vaguely recall reading that Seymour's contract was near up).

Kelsay and Schobel should have been cut before last season, Keith Elison has no business playing LB yet all three of these turds are going to see a majority of the plays on defense this year.

Well, if any team/franchise has built up enough cache to make a move like this, and not be crucified, it is New England.

I see what you are saying, and it may cause them problems this season, but I can't believe, based on their track record, that the Pats don't already have a solid back-up plan... or, perhaps they are going into this season knowing that their defense will slip some, and will just set out to obliterate/demoralize opponents with their offense, as they did the last time Brady was healthy. The Pats, on defense, especially, seem to be in the midst of a youth movement. Mayo, their pick from last year, may end up as one of the best linebackers in the game, before too long. Belechik got his "genius" reputation on the defensive side of the ball, he likely is pretty confident he knows what he is doing here...

I agree with that.

Perhaps they've taken stock of the DLineman picks of late and figured they could get something for him without a steep drop off. Ron Brace was their 2nd round pick and they've got a few others.

Reports have the Patriettes switching to more of a 4-3 type defense, and Seymour is a tweener in that he's too big too play DE and not big enough for DT. Furthermore, NE picked up Derrick Burgess who they can use at DE.

Why does anyone doubt NE anymore? Which moves have they made in the past 9 years which were total busts?

Moving to a 4-3 makes a lot of sense for them. They have a weak/thin LB'ing corps (for a 3-4) with the losses/declines of Vrabel, Bruschi, and Seau, and they have a lousy secondary. They'll need to create more upfront pressure to compensate. However Warren is a 3-4 DE as well and Burgess is getting long in the tooth and is coming off an injury-plagued season. And who will be the other DT?

I won't have a problem with them having to spend 1st overall money on an unproven player. :unsure:

I could live with having the first pick coming off a year in which we went to the playoffs and possibly won a superbowl. Might even get the owner into the HOF

if its a high pick i would assume thats where they get bradys replacement who can learn for 2 - 3 years before he takes over. But wow still stunned they traded him. Eventually the draft is just going to be the patriots picking 1 -32. Its like they're playing madden lol

It's a salary dump so they can afford to re-sign Vince Wilfork. They knew they couldn't re-sign both, so they traded Seymour.

I don't disagree but this move could backfire. Remember how the Pat's reacted the last time Bellichek dumped one of their favorites right before the opener? Lets hope it happens again.

Also, if the Raiders suck as much this year as everyone believes they will then this could very well mean the Pat's have the #1 pick next year. There's no way they'll keep that pick because signing the #1 will cost more than both Wilfork and Seymour.

Lets hope this starts a long slow downward spiral :unsure:

I don't disagree but this move could backfire. Remember how the Pat's reacted the last time Bellichek dumped one of their favorites right before the opener? Lets hope it happens again.

Also, if the Raiders suck as much this year as everyone believes they will then this could very well mean the Pat's have the #1 pick next year. There's no way they'll keep that pick because signing the #1 will cost more than both Wilfork and Seymour.

Lets hope this starts a long slow downward spiral :unsure:

The pick is in 2011, so the pats will have to wait two full seasons to get the 1st rounder from oakland.

if its a high pick i would assume thats where they get bradys replacement who can learn for 2 - 3 years before he takes over. But wow still stunned they traded him. Eventually the draft is just going to be the patriots picking 1 -32. Its like they're playing madden lol

I thought new england ripped them off and then i saw seymours deal is up at the end of the year...holy cow one of the biggest one sided trades over. They can resign him in a year if they want. Hes been really naged up of late to....new england just doesnt mess up

Unless Oakland worked a deal Seymour is a free agent next year- I'd laugh my A-- off if the Pats signed him for the 2010 season- Pats will probably get a top 5 pick in 2011 which they will then trade for a 2nd rd and 3rd rd and a 1st in 2012- you know it's not that Belicheat is a genius it's that football is filled to the brim with morons and half wits

better yet, why don't you write a book and title it "how not to make the playoffs in the nfl for 10 years in the era of the salary cap and free agency, and still have the owner get into the hall of fame". I'm sure with your jounalistic genius, you can come up with a better title

You are a douche with adequacy issues.