Is Jauron really the O's Problem?

barbwire

i dont doubt this for a minute...we all knew Jauron was involved in the offense and if you remember how the Bears offense looked in Chicago, how fairchild started out like a real OC then turned into what he did then having Turk basically be the same guy would this really be a surprise

you would think by now with 7 losing seasons in 8 that Jauron would realize his thinking about how an offense should be run just doesnt work in the NFL...how the F is this clown still a head coach

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got my new SI mag today.....NFL preview...Dan Patrick talks with Peyton Manning who says they run a very simple offense, sometimes variations of 5-6 plays and dare people to beat them......I am of the "lets simplify and get good at it" philosophy...JMHO

I agree, Lombardi was that way. Do what you do and do it very well, tricks are for kids. Here is to the BILLS being competitive and winning some ball games.

The good news is that Turk did not run a productive O and he got canned.

There is a very clear measure for AVP which is to have the O he leads score points or he also gets canned (probably along with DJ and everyone else.

The fact DJ and Turk had serious difference likely means that the AVP led O needs to be different than the Turk led O which is a good thing.

God you don't need a complicated offensive system to succeed. You just need one that isn't predictable. Al Saunders and Mike Martz both have reputations of having complicated offenses. Al Saudners is a offensive consultant and Mike Martz is in broadcasting now.

I think Dick likes to stick his finger in the offensive and defensive pie and he dictates to the OC and DC what he wants them to run. He doesn't delegate it to them. I got this theory from watching last season. Turk the new OC and Perry Fewell the young upstart DC. For the first 5 games of the season we were red hot. The offense was wide open. The defense was blitzing like crazy and winning games. Then (pure conjecture on my part) Dick says, whoa. We gotta play more conservative. The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. Keep everything in front of you. Let's protect our lead in the division. So he tells Perry and Turk to tone it down and we all saw the results. So I think there probably is something to what Turk says. He didn't like Dick telling him how to run his offense.

As far as simplicity goes, in Marv's book he says that they would prepare and practice about 6 or 7 plays for each game. It was all they needed. So points to Dick on that one. Martz was Super Bowl winning OC by the way.

Duh.

Like I've said before, the 2009 season was all but lost once the announcement was made that Jauron would return as head coach.

Sweet! Maybe my offseason prediction (that Jauron will be fired midseason) has a chance at being accurate! Bring on Coach Bobby April. :thumbsup:

This is really clear, and I think DJ was correct in firing Turk if he made the offense too complex for the no-huddle. You can't run the no-huddle with a million formations, and a boatload of motion and get everyone in line, especially with defenses having the radio in their helmet. Makes perfect sense, and if Shonert couldn't see that he is the one that is retarded.

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture. DJ is a good guy, a loyal guy, and a guy who is willing to take the fall for his people. Turk was his people. When Ralph told DJ to fire Turk or he's fired (and no i have no proof that this happened, except for the fact that it's beyond totally obvious), DJ fired Turk to save his job. Now, whether DJ loves this team, loves his job, or simply needs to put the kids through college, he chose to can someone to save himself. That speaks volumes people... I believe that he'll loosen the grips and delegate to his coordinators, since if he doesn't, he's looking at the next interim head coach of the buffalo bills when he's in the coaches meetings. As the dust settles on this preseason, I think that we'll be grateful that things fell the way that they did. I'm not calling this team a contender yet, but finally, for the first time in a decade, this team was proactive about something when it matters. That's a huge boost.

:thumbsup: News 4 Sports spoke to Schonert by phone Friday afternoon. He says he was informed about Jauron's decision during a Friday morning meeting. And he talked about the serious philosophical differences he had with Jauron about the Bills offense.

"He (Jauron) told me the offense wasn't simple enough for him," Schonert said. "We had too many formations, too many plays. I didn't simplify it to his liking."

"He wants a 'Pop Warner' offense," Schonert said, referring to the Bills head coach. "He limited me in formations, and limited me in plays. He's been on my back all offseason.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_n...honert_20090904

Just goes to show that this is not going to fix anything and that Jauron is the real problem.

If Ralph had any balls and was willing to eat the 97 year extension he gave Dick he'd fire his asss right now and start the rebuilding immediately.

The season is a wash anyway.

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture. DJ is a good guy, a loyal guy, and a guy who is willing to take the fall for his people. Turk was his people. When Ralph told DJ to fire Turk or he's fired (and no i have no proof that this happened, except for the fact that it's beyond totally obvious), DJ fired Turk to save his job. Now, whether DJ loves this team, loves his job, or simply needs to put the kids through college, he chose to can someone to save himself. That speaks volumes people... I believe that he'll loosen the grips and delegate to his coordinators, since if he doesn't, he's looking at the next interim head coach of the buffalo bills when he's in the coaches meetings. As the dust settles on this preseason, I think that we'll be grateful that things fell the way that they did. I'm not calling this team a contender yet, but finally, for the first time in a decade, this team was proactive about something when it matters. That's a huge boost.

I would love if he'd loosen his grip but his 10 year head coaching career speaks for itself.

This is really clear, and I think DJ was correct in firing Turk if he made the offense too complex for the no-huddle. You can't run the no-huddle with a million formations, and a boatload of motion and get everyone in line, especially with defenses having the radio in their helmet. Makes perfect sense, and if Shonert couldn't see that he is the one that is retarded.

I saw a glaring example of a new player handing over plays to the defense - RT Willie Anderson and the 1st Ravens vs. CIN game last season.

It was blatantly obvious to me. BAL was in on most every snap, in near-perfect position. IIRC, Rich Gannon was doing the color, and he finally made a comment about it in the 2nd half.

Some of the CIN players groused about it after the game.

On the Channel 2 newscast last night they had a quote from Turk saying something along the lines of "He (Jaron) was on me all off-season to simplify the offense. He said we had too many plays, too many formations. He wants a pop-gun offense."

I can't find the quote online anywhere.

I think that all of this bodes very badly for the Bills and Jauron.

On the Channel 2 newscast last night they had a quote from Turk saying something along the lines of "He (Jaron) was on me all off-season to simplify the offense. He said we had too many plays, too many formations. He wants a pop-gun offense."

I can't find the quote online anywhere.

I think that all of this bodes very badly for the Bills and Jauron.

curious, Lee Evans discussed the need to simplify the offense and hoped AVP would do so, when I spoke to him last night.

jw

This whole thing is so strange. I picture Billy Belly-cheat sitting in his Lazyboy giggling. This franchise has become a joke. Usually it's around Halloween before the sinking, wheels have come off feelings hit. As of 09/05/09 all hope seems lost. Good luck AVP, and may God save us all....

This whole thing is so strange. I picture Billy Belly-cheat sitting in his Lazyboy giggling. This franchise has become a joke. Usually it's around Halloween before the sinking, wheels have come off feelings hit. As of 09/05/09 all hope seems lost. Good luck AVP, and may God save us all....

Glad I'm not the only one ...

I think Dick likes to stick his finger in the offensive and defensive pie and he dictates to the OC and DC what he wants them to run. He doesn't delegate it to them. I got this theory from watching last season. Turk the new OC and Perry Fewell the young upstart DC. For the first 5 games of the season we were red hot. The offense was wide open. The defense was blitzing like crazy and winning games. Then (pure conjecture on my part) Dick says, whoa. We gotta play more conservative. The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. Keep everything in front of you. Let's protect our lead in the division. So he tells Perry and Turk to tone it down and we all saw the results. So I think there probably is something to what Turk says. He didn't like Dick telling him how to run his offense.

As far as simplicity goes, in Marv's book he says that they would prepare and practice about 6 or 7 plays for each game. It was all they needed. So points to Dick on that one. Martz was Super Bowl winning OC by the way.

did Marv mention that it helped having Hall of Fame caliber players executing said 6 or 7 plays?

and an OL that consisted of something more than rookies and cheap free agent castoffs and backups