on nfl.com

bbillsfan87

Stupar leads all recievers with 19 receptions in pre-season, Reggie Corner has 3 picks, most in league, nic harris has 32 tackles (one below the leader). i dont know about you guys but our new guys are looking good and i would gladly get rid of schouman for stupar. and i think nic harris should be starting day one. hes been all over the field this preseason. any other thoughts or comments?

Stupar leads all recievers with 19 receptions in pre-season, Reggie Corner has 3 picks, most in league, nic harris has 32 tackles (one below the leader). i dont know about you guys but our new guys are looking good and i would gladly get rid of schouman for stupar. and i think nic harris should be starting day one. hes been all over the field this preseason. any other thoughts or comments?

Can they do any worse than what we have in there? Nope. So I say start them and let them develop.

Didn't we have a RB a few years back that led the league in rushing in the preseason and never made the team?

I agree on Harris and on Corner. Ellison will never be more than he is right now while Harris can improve a ton and is already equal to Ellison. Corner has done nothing but consistently make plays. Florence is hurt, I'd rather have a guy that takes the field. I don't know how Schoumann / Stupar compare in pracctice so I cannot readily agree on this one.

Didn't we have a RB a few years back that led the league in rushing in the preseason and never made the team?

I agree on Harris and on Corner. Ellison will never be more than he is right now while Harris can improve a ton and is already equal to Ellison. Corner has done nothing but consistently make plays. Florence is hurt, I'd rather have a guy that takes the field. I don't know how Schoumann / Stupar compare in pracctice so I cannot readily agree on this one.

Corner also leads the league in PDEF....just noticed that

thank god your not the coach. you want to cut our starting TE who is entering his prime for a journeyman who has been on the team for a month,brilliant!

harris is going to be good but he has been a penalty machine on special teams and on defense also!

Name was Anthony Grey, IIRC. Never understood why he didn't make the squad. He tore it up that preseason.

I remember watching a preseason game many years ago, where this undersized linebacker playing late in the game with the camp fodder was just flying to the ball. He was in on every play, on every hit. I remember thinking "That guy may not be the most physically gifted or imposing player, but he's a gamer." That was Damien Covington - still one of my favorite underrated Bills.

Harris gives me that same feeling. Kid's a gamer.

I have no problems dumping Schouman for Stupar, but I still think Shawn Nelson should be on the field from the first snap against the Pats a week from Monday. Now that Turk-ey's gone, maybe AVP can convince DJ that regardless of how inexperienced or imperfect their "techniques" may be, the Bills need as much pure talent on the field they can get.

And Nic Harris? Oh yeah, he has future Pro Bowler written all over him. That kid needs to start over Ellison now. He could be one of the biggest steals of the '09 draft. :pirate:

I have no problems dumping Schouman for Stupar, but I still think Shawn Nelson should be on the field from the first snap against the Pats a week from Monday. Now that Turk-ey's gone, maybe AVP can convince DJ that regardless of how inexperienced or imperfect their "techniques" may be, the Bills need as much pure talent on the field they can get.

And Nic Harris? Oh yeah, he has future Pro Bowler written all over him. That kid needs to start over Ellison now. He could be one of the biggest steals of the '09 draft. :thumbsup:

i couldnt agree more. i honestly believe the bills had a great draft. blah blah blah we didnt draft a true left tackle but we still got great players late in the draft. Byrd looks like he's starting to get the hang of things. Maybin is self-explanitory, and Nic Harris, i agree is gonna be Pro Bowl material provided he's given the chance to. but IMO i believe shawn nelson will the biggest offensive steal of this years draft, considering the round we grabbed him and how much Mel Kiper Jr. and other NFL/NCAA scouts raved about him.

not trying to denigrate your points, but a lot of the stat stuff comes from the fact that Buffalo has played 5 pre-season games, and some teams are yet to even play their 4th.

but I do like Harris.

Schouman brings NOTHING. Now that the Turd is gone, maybe AVP will do the right thing and play guys who actually have some upside. You don't have to be on an NFL coaching staff to see Schouman should be GONE. To early to say, but I'm not sold on Harris quite yet, but we all know Ellison ain't the answer at LOLB for sure!

Schouman brings NOTHING. Now that the Turd is gone, maybe AVP will do the right thing and play guys who actually have some upside. You don't have to be on an NFL coaching staff to see Schouman should be GONE. To early to say, but I'm not sold on Harris quite yet, but we all know Ellison ain't the answer at LOLB for sure!

i agree with you about schouman.....his name was barely said in any of the games. i honestly wouldn't of minded if we traded for owen daniels but thats a whole other topic. Nic Harris has that blue-collar attitude that us bills fans love. id much rather see : mitchell, poz, harris instead of mitchell poz and ellison. granted ellison can hold his own SOMETIMES. forced a fumble on a nice behind the line of scrimmage tackle but we need guys that are passionate about playing linebacker. the nfl just isnt the same anymore with all these protection rules and safety rules. i miss the old days of butkus and nitchke. just smoking ppl and bringing them down by whatever means necessary. football is starting to become a sport where its almost non-contact anymore. for gods sake they made a rule just for tom brady. its getting ridiculous. whats your opinions?

I remember watching a preseason game many years ago, where this undersized linebacker playing late in the game with the camp fodder was just flying to the ball. He was in on every play, on every hit. I remember thinking "That guy may not be the most physically gifted or imposing player, but he's a gamer." That was Damien Covington - still one of my favorite underrated Bills.

Harris gives me that same feeling. Kid's a gamer.

I think he made Ray Bentley expendable IIRC.

How do you go back in the archives and find your past posts? That is an exact quote of what I said on draft day. No homo... I >3 Nic Harris.