Vikings testing waters with Tarvaris Jackson

Billadelphia

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...800&id=3708

It will probably never happen (because the Bills are racists ;) ), but for conversation sake, who would you feel more comfortable with backing up Edwards this year, Fitzpatrick or Jackson?

Both started about half of the season last year for their teams and although neither really lit it up, they both were servicable.

Personally, at this point I'd stick with Fitzpatrick only because he's already had some playing time with the offense and Jackson hasn't lived up to his hype of being a starter, so much so that the Vikes went out and got TWO qbs this year.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...800&id=3708

It will probably never happen (because the Bills are racists ;) ), but for conversation sake, who would you feel more comfortable with backing up Edwards this year, Fitzpatrick or Jackson?

Both started about half of the season last year for their teams and although neither really lit it up, they both were servicable.

Personally, at this point I'd stick with Fitzpatrick only because he's already had some playing time with the offense and Jackson hasn't lived up to his hype of being a starter, so much so that the Vikes went out and got TWO qbs this year.

Is he better than Hamdan ? Probably yes as Tarvaris has starter experience. If it is a cheap deal (i.e. low draft pick), I would get him and let the coaches decide who among Fitz & Jackson is the # 2.

Is he better than Hamdan ? Probably yes as Tarvaris has starter experience. If it is a cheap deal (i.e. low draft pick), I would get him and let the coaches decide who among Fitz & Jackson is the # 2.

They're saying that its probably not going to be more than a 5th rd pick for him. That seems reasonable, but I think I'd rather have the pick next year.

They're saying that its probably not going to be more than a 5th rd pick for him. That seems reasonable, but I think I'd rather have the pick next year.

Given the QB situation as it stands right now, I would take the risk of giving them a 5th rounder. I know all it will do is give us two #2s (Fitz, Tarvaris) but so be it. I rather have a double back-up given Trent's struggles since the second half of last season and his history of injury.

Also, we don't know for sure if the Vikings are asking for a 5th rounder. As I don't see a bidding war for his services, I am sure we can get the deal done for an even lower pick.

I'm sorry, but if Jackson couldn't find success with an offense like they have in Minnesota, what makes you think he's going to be any better in Buffalo? Just another everyone else's grass is greener than what we have in Buffalo.

I'm sorry, but if Jackson couldn't find success with an offense like they have in Minnesota, what makes you think he's going to be any better in Buffalo? Just another everyone else's grass is greener than what we have in Buffalo.

Exactly.

They needed a QB to hand the ball off to Peterson and not do anything to fucck up the game. He couldn't do it.

Exactly.

They needed a QB to hand the ball off to Peterson and not do anything to fucck up the game. He couldn't do it.

Outside of Peterson, name a skill player who you'd trade up position for position with Vikings?

i would take him, especially if it only costs us a 5th round pick. that would really be like trading a project db for a backup/ possible starting qb. i am not that big on t jack but he def shows improvement each year, more than we can say about other qbs.

i would take him, especially if it only costs us a 5th round pick. that would really be like trading a project db for a backup/ possible starting qb. i am not that big on t jack but he def shows improvement each year, more than we can say about other qbs.

Would you trade a potential Brad Butler or Nic Harris for a backup QB that is never going to see the field?

Why?

If the statement is made that Jackson suck because he couldn't cut it in Vikings' superior O, I'd like to see Vikings talent in the offensive skill positions relative to Buffalo.

I can make an argument that Vikings made the playoffs, despite not having offensive talent outside Peterson.

Jackson is the better talent. Fitzpatrick's career passer rating is 66.9. Jackson's is 76.5 but he had a 95.4 last year. There is no question he'd be the better backup in talent. He would cause a QB controversy though. That's a distraction this team doesn't need. After every bad game by Edwards people would be screaming for Jackson. JMO

Just look at the RJ/Flutie distractions that split the lockeroom. The Bills don't need that. IMO Edwards is this/close to being one of the top ten QB's in the league.

Link

The place Fitzpatrick has it all over Jackson is their wonderlic scores. Fitzpatrick's was 38 while Tavaris Jackson's was 19. Since Fitzpatrick's wonderlic score is twice Jackson's, I'd take the smarter player when their primary job is to be a backup. A smarter player is going to help a lot more with game planning, IMO.

Fitzy isn't a bad backup and IMO, he's good enough.

If the statement is made that Jackson suck because he couldn't cut it in Vikings' superior O, I'd like to see Vikings talent in the offensive skill positions relative to Buffalo.

I can make an argument that Vikings made the playoffs, despite not having offensive talent outside Peterson.

I'd REALLY like to hear that argument, especially since they DIDN'T make the playoffs.

;)