Sam Gash's comments on WGR

nodnarb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AYE. Gash and the informant back on the first page of the thread hit the nail on the head with this one. Our team failed for two reasons last year. 1) killdrive and 2) GW's niceness. GW is a good man (he was my neighbor in clarence). It sucks that the bills was his internship, but hopefully he found his balls, strapped them on, and will get a new HC job in the future. The hands off approach hinted at by TD is the correct thing to do, even if the end result is a tanked season. We all won't be crying after this season, i tell you.

Now, i've got 2 words for you, killdrive. The second one is "you". guess the first!

Kevin Gilbride :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Gregg Williams :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: for not forcing him to change his gameplay. you were the head coach after all

Drew Bledsoe :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: for not taking control of his team. He didn't have to run every play Killdrive called. 3rd and inches and KG calls a pass, give Killdrive a :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: and change the play in the huddle/at the line. Whats the worse that could happen? Its not like they'd bench DB

Kevin Gilbride  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Gregg Williams  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: for not forcing him to change his gameplay.  you were the head coach after all

Drew Bledsoe  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: for not taking control of his team.  He didn't have to run every play Killdrive called.  3rd and inches and KG calls a pass, give Killdrive a  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: and change the play in the huddle/at the line.  Whats the worse that could happen?  Its not like they'd bench DB

8420[/snapback]

Don't hold back on us......... :D

Whaddaya mean, ONLY football ?!?!?

[/sarcasm]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Killdrive  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

8324[/snapback]

but i'm afraid john would kill him!

hey wait...

NO- YOU'RE RIGHT! FIRST WE'LL KILL HIM...THEN WE'LL EAT HIM! :D

Remember how great it was during the Kelly era when the Bills would come to the line and no matter how far they had to go you were confident they'd make it? Man I miss those days. When I wasn't holding my breath on every play by the offense.

It really does make perfect sense. The question remains as to how much a) Tom Donohoe as GM, and b ) GW as defensive-trained head coach need to say enough is enough and pull rank on Killdrive. IMO, that is not Donohoe's job at all, and wouldn't want my owner or GM telling my coach who to play or what to do or what to call. It is wholely on GW's shoulders as head coach of the team and this was his biggest failure. Not unlike Marv's biggest failure about not doing anything about Swizzle Stick.

TD COULD have stepped in, and I understand the idea that some fans say it is his team and he needs to stop the train wreck. I just don't believe in the long run it is the best thing to do. We may have won a couple more games last year but with Moulds hurt, we really weren't going anywhere, and it just sets a bad precedent.

This also throws a lot of cold water on TD being the little Hitler or egomaniac and sticking his nose in everything, when from every indication from people that were there it is precisely the opposite.

8329[/snapback]

Right! Leave a pass happy fool in charge of the offense and increase the chance that the franchise QB gets seriously injured.

Smart move.....not.

I have not trouble believing that.  Failed HB Options inside the opponent's 30 yrd line aren't grenerally a good idea.

What a waste.

8248[/snapback]

Eeehh awww bppfffhttt... I forgot all about *THAT* one....

Of course it is Gilbrides fault. How can a team go from scoring 30 points a game to nothing by the 3rd week? Did the players forget how to play?

There are exactly 2 people who are at fault for last years performance and that is Greg Williams and Kevin Gilbride.

Right!  Leave a pass happy fool in charge of the offense and increase the chance that the franchise QB gets seriously injured.

Smart move.....not.

8562[/snapback]

So you're saying you want your GM stepping in and pulling rank on your head coach and demanding they play a certain way, and in effect, calling the plays? Rather than it being your head coach's responsibility?