Farenheit 9/11 1/2

IBTG81

Aren't you supposed to be strapping a vest full of chuck roast on and heading for the PETA rally?

112754[/snapback]

Ugh...PETA...Rachel is a card carrying member of PETA. Doesn't mind if I eat meat though. However, if I did something like that at a rally or whatnot, I would not be getting any for quite awhile.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
HERE YOU GO DEMOCRATS...here is your chance to seperate yourself from him! Don't let him further destroy your party!

112752[/snapback]

Last time I checked HE doesn't represent the party, like RUSH doesn't represent the Republican Party. You people cling to extremists like dogs to a leg. DAMN!

Last time I checked HE doesn't represent the party, like RUSH doesn't represent the Republican Party. You people cling to extremists like dogs to a leg. DAMN!

112777[/snapback]

He was seated next to ex-United States Democratic president Jimmy Carter at the Democratic Convention! He was given more press than any other Kerry OR Bush supporter. Like it or not, he DOES represent your party.

There's a great cartoon and it showed the democratic donkey lying in bed with Michael Moore and he says "How did I get here?" the title was "Farenheit 9am"

He was seated next to ex-United States Democratic president Jimmy Carter at the Democratic Convention! He was given more press than any other Kerry OR Bush supporter. Like it or not, he DOES represent your party.

112798[/snapback]

Well said. The Dems would be well-served to distance themselves from him. His liberal bias is one thing, but having him sit next to a former President is another altogether, and the Dems basically put their stamp of approval on his neverending string of bull stevestojan.

Ugh...PETA...Rachel is a card carrying member of PETA. Doesn't mind if I eat meat though. However, if I did something like that at a rally or whatnot, I would not be getting any for quite awhile.

112762[/snapback]

Need you know that PETA is moving its national headquarters from a nice office building in Norfolk, VA to a 5 bedroom house in Norfolk...boy they still have pull

Well said.  The Dems would be well-served to distance themselves from him. His liberal bias is one thing, but having him sit next to a former President is another altogether, and the Dems basically put their stamp of approval on his neverending string of bull stevestojan.

112810[/snapback]

You make a good point. If MM were just another member of the crowd, that is one thing. They stepped it up and put him in a place of prominence. It is a little difficult to distance yourself from his rhetoric when you take actions like this.

I will defend Michael Moore's right to speak his mind to the end.

That said, I can still call him a (bleeping) idiot who's had exactly ONE good movie..."Canadian Bacon".

Michael Moore is an opportunist. I don't believe a word he says.

Mike

112762[/snapback]

Ed, I don't care what anyone says. You must live an interesting life. Reminds me of a friend of mine. The only black republican I personally know in DC. Belongs to the NRA, former nuclear weapons tech, etc., and has a very liberal girlfriend. Some funny stories.

Ed, I don't care what anyone says. You must live an interesting life. Reminds me of a friend of mine. The only black republican I personally know in DC. Belongs to the NRA, former nuclear weapons tech, etc., and has a very liberal girlfriend. Some funny stories.

112848[/snapback]

When we talk politics, it gets brutal. She's convinced "my change" in views is something to spite her! When I say she's liberal, here's a better understanding. She hated John Kerry. She thought he was much too CONSERVATIVE.

Other than that though, we get along just fine! :doh:

When we talk politics, it gets brutal. She's convinced "my change" in views is something to spite her! When I say she's liberal, here's a better understanding. She hated John Kerry. She thought he was much too CONSERVATIVE.

Other than that though, we get along just fine!  :blink:

112855[/snapback]

You changed your views? :doh:

I hope it's worth the hibbity jibbity (or lack thereof).

Mike

There's a great cartoon and it showed the democratic donkey lying in bed with Michael Moore and he says "How did I get here?" the title was "Farenheit 9am"

112798[/snapback]

Exactly right. It isn't Republicans who clung to Moore...it was the Dems. The Republicans were just smart enough to understand that his message of hate wasn't going to sell. Apparently, Moore and his fans still haven't learned that message.

btw, do you have that cartoon? Sounds like a classic.

Exactly right.  It isn't Republicans who clung to Moore...it was the Dems.  The Republicans were just smart enough to understand that his message of hate wasn't going to sell.  Apparently, Moore and his fans still haven't learned that message.

btw, do you have that cartoon?  Sounds like a classic.

112885[/snapback]

Right, because voters are not seduced by a "message of hate" which is why Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and the like play to empty halls and their books collect dust on the shelves. Not.

Why is it so arrogant and hateful for Yankees to imply that the midwest and south is full of a bunch of racist rubes and yet it is perfectly okay for them to refer to Yankees as elitist, country club radicals and claim that they are the "real" America, they are the "heartland"?

That election was a contest between messages of hate that should leave the winners and losers alike disgusted.

Given the reaction around here that the mere mention of his name invariably invokes, I can only conclude that Moore is getting the best of you guys.  Remember, the opposite of love is not rage, it is apathy.

112889[/snapback]

If it weren't for all of those on the left who consider him the Messiah, it would be.

GOOD MORNING: Michael Moore met with Harvey Weinstein and Moore says they plan to start working -- now -- on "Fahrenheit 9/11½." "We want to get cameras rolling now and have it ready in two-three years," Moore says. "We want to document and commercialize it. Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them. They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now.

Right now the film is a communication tool to express the truth and educate people.

The first time somebody calls him out on his bullstevestojan, he'll change his mind and call it an editorial. :doh:

Given the reaction around here that the mere mention of his name invariably invokes, I can only conclude that Moore is getting the best of you guys.  Remember, the opposite of love is not rage, it is apathy.

112889[/snapback]

So it that true about the name "Bush" when it comes to you lefties?

Weak arguement pudding head.

I never thought I'd defend Michael Moore, but the following quote from the article is pretty accurate.

Moore says. "Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them. They weren't told the truth."

Moore is 100% right. Everyone who saw his movie were not told the truth.

I never thought I'd defend Michael Moore, but the following quote from the article is pretty accurate.

Moore says. "Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them. They weren't told the truth."

Moore is 100% right. Everyone who saw his movie were not told the truth.

113129[/snapback]

Prick.

113082[/snapback]

Just a thought... The points you make in your posts might be better received if you were to ease off on the name calling a bit.

By doing so, the content of your post will become the topic of debate, and the it won't always degenerate into a counter-productive argument about who's the bigger "pudding head."

Just a thought...  The points you make in your posts might be better received if you were to ease off on the name calling a bit. 

By doing so, the content of your post will become the topic of debate, and the it won't always degenerate into a counter-productive argument about who's the bigger "pudding head."

113162[/snapback]

But you have to admit...the uniqueness and sheer juvenile quality of "pudding head" made it pretty amusing... :doh:

But you have to admit...the uniqueness and sheer juvenile quality of "pudding head" made it pretty amusing...  :doh:

113180[/snapback]

mmmmmmm.....pudding.

I have to start wondering if Moore might really just be a double agent on Karl Rove's payroll. His lies about Bush in "Cholesteral 911" were so pathetic and over the top that much of America basically discounted *any* criticism of Bush as the same type of lies and distortions. The same reason Dan Rather and the New York Times rendered themselves useless by election day.

What is he planning on doing for the sequel? Lying more? Lying harder?

He's either incredibly stupid for thinking he can damage Bush or incredibly smart for cashing in and snatching up all the money from the same morons who gave him a cool $100 mil this past summer.

So it that true about the name "Bush" when it comes to you lefties?

113082[/snapback]

If you have something to say besides name calling, do check in again.

If you had ever read any of my posts regarding the President over the last year you would know that I never claimed to "hate" Bush nor have I ever attacked him, just disagreed with many, though not all, of his policies. I know that might not fit your stereotype of "lefties" but if your mind requires that type of shorthand thinking to get through the day, I won't bother taxing you with the labors of genuine thought.

Bush is the President of the United States, not a mere film maker. Pretty difficult to ignore the President in discussions on a political discussion board don't you think? Do you really think it is valid to compare the attention given to the President to that given to a film maker's plan to make another film?

Moore gets under your skin and the more you squeal about it, the more coverage he gets and the more people hear his message and see his films.

But you have to admit...the uniqueness and sheer juvenile quality of "pudding head" made it pretty amusing...  :lol:

113180[/snapback]

Pudding Head was one the names Mo used to like to call Curly in the Three Stooges, if you were wondering were it comes from.

Michael Moore is a goon. An idiot. He takes things out of context and he does it so often, it's a wonder if he even is trying to hide the fact.

I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 (for free... I'd never support him) and couldn't even count the number of lies. He's a creep!

*Actually I voted for Kerry, before I voted against him*

If you have something to say besides name calling, do check in again.

If you had ever read any of my posts regarding the President over the last year you would know that I never claimed to "hate" Bush nor have I ever attacked him, just disagreed with many, though not all, of his policies.  I know that might not fit your stereotype of "lefties" but if your mind requires that type of shorthand thinking to get through the day, I won't bother taxing you with the labors of genuine thought.

Bush is the President of the United States, not a mere film maker.  Pretty difficult to ignore the President in discussions on a political discussion board don't you think?  Do you really think it is valid to compare the attention given to the President to that given to a film maker's plan to make another film?

Moore gets under your skin and the more you squeal about it, the more coverage he gets and the more people hear his message and see his films.

113203[/snapback]

I am just so tired of hearing "michael moore gets under you skin, so he most be winning" or similar arguments.

He obviously is not winning, just look at the past election for proof.

What Michael Moore has found is a niche market for his pseudo documentaries, which makes him a lot of money.

There is small, but dedicate crowd of Bush haters who will lap up anything he sells. But the real sad part is, most of these folks who support his movies and pay $50 to hear him speak really don't know all of his views, partly because he only states them while he is out of the country.

Here is partial list of his quotes:

"The passengers on the hijacked planes were cowards and did not fight back, because the were mostly white"

(Wonder what Mrs, Todd Beamer would think if she heard that)

"F**k small business. They are the rednecks that keep the nooses around small towns"

"Let all the mexicans who want to move here come on over. There is plenty of room in Kansas"

(Uh, don't you think you would want to check with the farmers in that state before you bring them all over)

"The dumbest Canadian is smarter than the smartest America"

( I don't know were to start with that one).

So just keep in mind, when people get pissed of at Moore for getting $30,000 a night and a private jet ride to speak at a college (and giving no money to charity), or when he makes money off selling a CD called "Music from and inspired by Fahrenheit 9/11", there is more to the anger than just his dislike of Bush.

PS. Since Osma came out and admitted to doing the terrorist acts of 9/11, doesn't that shoot down his theory that is was planned by Bush?

I am just so tired of hearing "michael moore gets under you skin, so he most be winning" or similar arguments.

He obviously is not winning, just look at the past election for proof.

What Michael Moore has found is a niche market for his pseudo documentaries, which makes him a lot of money.

There is small, but dedicate crowd of Bush haters who will lap up anything he sells. But the real sad part is, most of these folks who support his movies and pay $50 to hear him speak really don't know all of his views, partly because he only states them while he is out of the country.

Here is partial list of his quotes:

"The passengers on the hijacked planes were cowards and did not fight back, because the were mostly white"

(Wonder what Mrs, Todd Beamer would think if she heard that)

"F**k small business. They are the rednecks that keep the nooses around small towns"

"Let all the mexicans who want to move here come on over. There is plenty of room in Kansas"

(Uh, don't you think you would want to check with the farmers in that state before you bring them all over)

"The dumbest Canadian is smarter than the smartest America"

( I don't know were to start with that one).

So just keep in mind, when people get pissed of at Moore for getting $30,000 a night and a private jet ride to speak at a college (and giving no money to charity), or when he makes money off selling a CD called "Music from and inspired by Fahrenheit 9/11", there is more to the anger than just his dislike of Bush.

PS. Since Osma came out and admitted to doing the terrorist acts of 9/11, doesn't that shoot down his theory that is was planned by Bush?

113486[/snapback]

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Stand up

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

The people who went to his "movie" were dem party lemmings. The local Hollywood Video had it. on one of the first days it was available. There were tons of copies and all of them were still on the shelf. Nobody was renting it. They are all probably in the $4.99 bin now.