I want to be the first to say

I told you so, after the season opener. I am so sick of the g*ddamn negativity on this board, in the media, etc. because of a few pre-season games. Have they looked bad? Of course. But I've been watching football long enough to know that the pre-season is not always a perfect indicator as to how a team is going to show up and play in Week 1. If they march down the field and score a TD in their first drive, then all of this time you people have spent whining and complaining will have been for naught. I live in Denver- do you have any idea how bad the Broncos are going to suck this year? Everyone says on here, "we'll lucky to win five games this year." Then how many are the Broncos going to win? Our talent level is so ridiculously superior to theirs. But I digress. I'm not predicting a victory in Week 1, but I am predicting that the offense will look a lot better than it has in the stupid pre-season and we will put up a hell of a fight on national TV. Now all I wanna know is, who's comin with me...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you so, after the season opener. I am so sick of the g*ddamn negativity on this board, in the media, etc. because of a few pre-season games. Have they looked bad? Of course. But I've been watching football long enough to know that the pre-season is not always a perfect indicator as to how a team is going to show up and play in Week 1. If they march down the field and score a TD in their first drive, then all of this time you people have spent whining and complaining will have been for naught. I live in Denver- do you have any idea how bad the Broncos are going to suck this year? Everyone says on here, "we'll lucky to win five games this year." Then how many are the Broncos going to win? Our talent level is so ridiculously superior to theirs. But I digress. I'm not predicting a victory in Week 1, but I am predicting that the offense will look a lot better than it has in the stupid pre-season and we will put up a hell of a fight on national TV. Now all I wanna know is, who's comin with me...

You are a dissident amongst whiners

If they march down the field and score a TD in their first drive, then all of this time you people have spent whining and complaining will have been for naught.

So the game is over if the Bills can score on their first drive? ;)

The Pats* are going to mop up the field with these clowns.

So, what you are saying is that the Bills are going to suck but not as bad as Denver and that Bills fans should not express their opinions about the team on a Bills fan message board because we might get a TD against the Pats and that will prove how good we are ?

What is really pissing me off lately is the endless string of people who start a thread simply to tell others what they should think, feel or say about the Bills. This is a discussion board. If someone posts a "negative" post and you can rationally and intelligently disagree, please reply. If you just want to criticize them for being negative please go sell crazy somewhere else.

Your optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence of the current Bills ineptitude is admirable. Just can bring myself to drink the kool aid this year. The broncos suck, too. You are right about that.

Bills will go 3-13, but will pick 3rd, as they will lose out on a tie breaker to Detroit for the 2nd pick. The Bills can't even lose 13 games correctly.

Denver, who admittedly does suck worse than the bills, will pick well after the bills simply because the AFC west sucks just as bad as they do. Denver will actually win several games in their own division, a feat the bills are unlikely to accomplish.

Well Jerry McGuire, as bad as the Bills have looked so far this preseason, you may not even get the fish from the aquarium to go along "with you", much less the hot accountant inspired by your "memo" of a rah rah post above.

You're right. I often wax poetic about a steaming pile of dog sh*t deposited on my lawn. :ph34r:

I told you

I want some of what you're smoking.

Dude the Bills very well may suck, you guys are more than likely right. I'm just not ready to say it's signed, sealed and delivered that they're gonna suck. So if the Bills play well on Monday night, I just want to reserve the right to say I told you so, well all of you can say, "gee Metzelaars, you were right and I was wrong." I know it's kind of the only defense at this point, but I genuinely do put a lot less stock in the pre-season than most of you. Is there anybody out there that's feelin me? Are you all really a bunch of Jerry from Lackawannas or Carl from Lockports that call into WGR with that nasally Buffalo accent on a dreary, grey Tuesday afternoon while eating artery-clogging food in sweatpants and complain about the Bills just because it's part of what you're supposed to as a Buffalonian when they haven't even played a game yet?

You are a dissident amongst whiners

I am so sick and tired of everybody calling eachother names around here. It is just as realistic to think that this team is going to have a very hard year as it is to hope that they squeak into the playoffs. Neither belief should subect one to insults.

Why couldn't you have just stated why you think, realistcally, the team will do well without attacking your fellow fans? Perhaps there are a few whiners among them but I am not sure being a rude little intertwit is any better.

I am so sick and tired of everybody calling eachother names around here. It is just as realistic to think that this team is going to have a very hard year as it is to hope that they squeak into the playoffs. Neither belief should subect one to insults.

Why couldn't you have just stated why you think, realistcally, the team will do well without attacking your fellow fans? Perhaps there are a few whiners among them but I am not sure being a rude little intertwit is any better.

Whoops. Don't read my last post then. Thanks for having my back though, I'm just psyched for the season man!

Dude the Bills very well may suck, you guys are more than likely right. I'm just not ready to say it's signed, sealed and delivered that they're gonna suck. So if the Bills play well on Monday night, I just want to reserve the right to say I told you so, well all of you can say, "gee Metzelaars, you were right and I was wrong." I know it's kind of the only defense at this point, but I genuinely do put a lot less stock in the pre-season than most of you. Is there anybody out there that's feelin me? Are you all really a bunch of Jerry from Lackawannas or Carl from Lockports that call into WGR with that nasally Buffalo accent on a dreary, grey Tuesday afternoon while eating artery-clogging food in sweatpants and complain about the Bills just because it's part of what you're supposed to as a Buffalonian when they haven't even played a game yet?

Soooo....if they DO suck Monday night do we get to tell YOU I told you so?

Sounds like a BS argument your making anyway. It's like the little guy in the bar picking a fight with the big guy. He's supposed to lose. He's not really risking anything as far as honor or reputation is concerned and is actually viewed as the "little engine that could" optimist that took a stand and actually thought he had a chance.

Now, if by some stroke of luck he actually wins he looks like David who beat Goliath and a visionary who knew it all along!!! So, basically you're just reserving the right to say I told you so in case the 10% chance that the Bills can win on MNF pays off while risking nothing backing an obvious long shot. You're not supposed to be right anyway right?

Sounds like a BS argument your making anyway. It's like the little guy in the bar picking a fight with the big guy. He's supposed to lose. He's not really risking anything as far as honor or reputation is concerned and is actually viewed as the "little engine that could" optimist that took a stand and actually thought he had a chance.

Now, if by some stroke of luck he actually wins he looks like David who beat Goliath and a visionary who knew it all along!!! So, basically you're just reserving the right to say I told you so in case the 10% chance that the Bills can win on MNF pays off.

Basically yes, that's correct.

Now, if by some stroke of luck he actually wins he looks like David who beat Goliath and a visionary who knew it all along!!! So, basically you're just reserving the right to say I told you so in case the 10% chance that the Bills can win on MNF pays off while risking nothing backing an obvious long shot. You're not supposed to be right anyway right?

Basically yes, that's correct.

Well I am REALLY not looking forward to the opportunity of telling YOU "I told you so" because that would indeed mean the Bills lost. I will try to remember to do so while licking my emotional wounds after the beating we are likely to suffer.

That's what I enjoy about this forum. On the one side you have the people who have already written off this season and the first time Edwards checks down (appropriate or not) he will get the "Captain Checkdown" label. And on the far other side are the people who really believe (maybe more with their hearts than their heads) that the Bills are pulling some kind of smoke-and-mirrors play to confuse the Patriots if not the entire NFL. And even if we start out 0-6 will firmly believe that the O line, and Edwards, and the coaches etc. are coming together just in time for a playoff run the rest of the season. And it *can* be equally interesting to read from both points of view.

But I agree with Mikey, the name calling just wastes everyone's time having to read through it.