I want to be the first to say

Dude the Bills very well may suck, you guys are more than likely right. I'm just not ready to say it's signed, sealed and delivered that they're gonna suck. So if the Bills play well on Monday night, I just want to reserve the right to say I told you so, well all of you can say, "gee Metzelaars, you were right and I was wrong." I know it's kind of the only defense at this point, but I genuinely do put a lot less stock in the pre-season than most of you. Is there anybody out there that's feelin me? Are you all really a bunch of Jerry from Lackawannas or Carl from Lockports that call into WGR with that nasally Buffalo accent on a dreary, grey Tuesday afternoon while eating artery-clogging food in sweatpants and complain about the Bills just because it's part of what you're supposed to as a Buffalonian when they haven't even played a game yet?

There's plenty of love here, Metzy. I EXPECT The Bills to win MNF, third time's a charm!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I enjoy about this forum. On the one side you have the people who have already written off this season and the first time Edwards checks down (appropriate or not) he will get the "Captain Checkdown" label. And on the far other side are the people who really believe (maybe more with their hearts than their heads) that the Bills are pulling some kind of smoke-and-mirrors play to confuse the Patriots if not the entire NFL. And even if we start out 0-6 will firmly believe that the O line, and Edwards, and the coaches etc. are coming together just in time for a playoff run the rest of the season. And it *can* be equally interesting to read from both points of view.

But I agree with Mikey, the name calling just wastes everyone's time having to read through it.

Sometimes these impersonal forums can create really polarizing environments. Everyone has a big strong opinion and everyone else is an idiot because you don't have to look a man, or woman, in the face and have the balls to express your opinion in the way that some do here.

In truth I think a lot of us are more middle of the road or really posses both components of the true Billiever that thinks we can win in the face of any odds and the analytical skeptic that sees the light at the end of the tunnel as a train. I really DO think we have a shot Monday night, but realistically the odds are against us. I wouldn't actually throw up a post scolding people saying I'm going to tell you so if the Bills do win. That's crazy!

We all hope they win. Some of us can just admit to ourselves that we are a huge underdog and the likely outcome is not a good one.

Soooo....if they DO suck Monday night do we get to tell YOU I told you so?

Sounds like a BS argument your making anyway. It's like the little guy in the bar picking a fight with the big guy. He's supposed to lose. He's not really risking anything as far as honor or reputation is concerned and is actually viewed as the "little engine that could" optimist that took a stand and actually thought he had a chance.

Now, if by some stroke of luck he actually wins he looks like David who beat Goliath and a visionary who knew it all along!!! So, basically you're just reserving the right to say I told you so in case the 10% chance that the Bills can win on MNF pays off while risking nothing backing an obvious long shot. You're not supposed to be right anyway right?

Spot on.

bills may lose monday night. but at least it will be fun. we have lynch and t.o. it will be exciting to watch. maybe even super exciting. they cant have 100 bad plays.

go bills!

Lynch can't play until week 4.

and I very much expect TO to go out of the game with a mysterious injury when the Bills are down 21 points

So the game is over if the Bills can score on their first drive? :ph34r:

The Pats* are going to mop up the field with these clowns.

I take great offense to that statement, The Bills players are not clowns, they do give their best effort and play tough hard football.

The problem is that they are lead by clowns, who don't know how to game plan properly, who don't know how to prepare properly, who don't know how to adjust a game plan if it isn't working!!!

This entire staff needs to be fired...the sooner,the better.

I don't find the outlook for the season good, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised! I realize it's just the preseason, but there has been no life in the offense. I DO hope that T.O. steps in and it's all the difference in the world. I hope Wood and Levitre are the players we all think they can be. I hope that the rest of the line comes together and consistently open holes. I hope Trent and the offense learn how to play against a 3-4 D. I hope Maybin can be a pass rushing difference maker.

That's a lot of hope, and over the past decade hoping has helped very little. Hell, last season they had just about all of us hoping and they got us good. I believe it is reasonable to be on the pessimistic side of the season because we really do have so many unknowns.

Pessimistic yet hopeful. I think that accurately describes the true feel on the board.

Yep. All the whiny fans crying and drumming their heels on the floor that the Bills are receiving valid criticism from all quarters is getting old. :ph34r:
Well, I actually believe a lot (not all) of the criticism the Bills have received has been valid. Particularly the first half of the Steeler game. In my opinion you can't completely ignore when the first string is out there any more than you can say they will be 0-16 based on it. But I don't think I'm whining, crying, or "drumming my heels" (though I'm not sure what this means exactly) about it. Just observing. But this is America, and everyone has a right to an opinion.

I don't find the outlook for the season good, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised! I realize it's just the preseason, but there has been no life in the offense. I DO hope that T.O. steps in and it's all the difference in the world. I hope Wood and Levitre are the players we all think they can be. I hope that the rest of the line comes together and consistently open holes. I hope Trent and the offense learn how to play against a 3-4 D. I hope Maybin can be a pass rushing difference maker.

That's a lot of hope, and over the past decade hoping has helped very little. Hell, last season they had just about all of us hoping and they got us good. I believe it is reasonable to be on the pessimistic side of the season because we really do have so many unknowns.

Pessimistic yet hopeful. I think that accurately describes the true feel on the board.

I for one can truly say I was not burned last year by the false hope. I thought it was a great start but I also looked at the quality of who we beat and the injuries problems they had going on the week we happened to play them.

This year my expectations are/were higher than last year. My HUGE problem with maintaining my optimism is that Trent looks even worse than the last 2/3s of last year. My expectations of Maybin were realistically optimistic. What lit me up was his first play on the field. He drew double coverage from the left side of the Steelers line! A few plays later he gets a sack. One week of practice and I noticed the kid on the field.

GOOD START!!! Now lets keep it going!!!!

I told you so, after the season opener. I am so sick of the g*ddamn negativity on this board, in the media, etc. because of a few pre-season games. Have they looked bad? Of course. But I've been watching football long enough to know that the pre-season is not always a perfect indicator as to how a team is going to show up and play in Week 1. If they march down the field and score a TD in their first drive, then all of this time you people have spent whining and complaining will have been for naught. I live in Denver- do you have any idea how bad the Broncos are going to suck this year? Everyone says on here, "we'll lucky to win five games this year." Then how many are the Broncos going to win? Our talent level is so ridiculously superior to theirs. But I digress. I'm not predicting a victory in Week 1, but I am predicting that the offense will look a lot better than it has in the stupid pre-season and we will put up a hell of a fight on national TV. Now all I wanna know is, who's comin with me...

So it has come down to comparing teams that are both going to suck. We beat Denver last year so what does that prove? Reality points out that the Bills are going to suck. I'm not pointing out a few preseason games. I'm pointing out 3 years of inept coaching and so on............... Reality bites. So we win a few more games then Denver. Big deal. I thought the goal was to build a good team that makes the playoffs consistently and is considered a legitimate contender every year or close to it. See New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Diego, Indianapolis, etc. But no, Buffalo is there with Cincinnati, Oakland, Cleveland, etc. Some folks would say the Bills are in neutral, some would say in reverse. But don't rain on your parade! Your prediction of a better offense in week 1 and a hell of a fight on national TV sounds like you are aiming for a moral victory which doesn't mean poop.

I'm not predicting a victory in Week 1, but I am predicting that the offense will look a lot better than it has in the stupid pre-season and we will put up a hell of a fight on national TV. Now all I wanna know is, who's comin with me...

I agree with you. I actually think the Bills will have a decent season and it'll come down to the last week whether they make the playoffs or not.