[LINK] A different perspective

Campy

"I confirm weapons," said Sg. Jenifer Forman, an imagery analyst. "Watch their right arms when they run. They're shooting across the river."

When the black spots bobbed together, the screen suddenly bloomed white, then settled back into focus, showing a thick gray cloud and a scattering of small black spots, like someone in the cloud had thrown out a handful of rocks.

"Tank gun got them," Neumann said. "Picked them up on their thermals. They're scratched. Scan up the street."

Article thingy.

I just love it when a good plan comes together.

112700[/snapback]

Those UAVs and Mashers will save alot of American lives. That's some serious stuff.

I like the way they can monitor the Iraqi commandos too, helps keep 'em honest.

Article thingy.

112698[/snapback]

While I love to hear that are military is bombarding the f*ck out of these criminals, I am disheartened to hear they can't attack them while hiding in mosques. If they make the mosques a refuge, they should still be fair targets.

While I love to hear that are military is bombarding the f*ck out of these criminals, I am disheartened to hear they can't attack them while hiding in mosques. If they make the mosques a refuge, they should still be fair targets.

112715[/snapback]

The Iraqi forces are taking down the Mosques. No stone left unturned.

I'm afraid of the fire ant thing though. You kick an anthill, and they simply move 10 feet away and build another ant hill. I'd really like a piece of Zarqawi. Libs were screaming about OBL, but Zarqawi is the bigger threat right now.

Was it Arthur C. Clarke who said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is virtually indistinguishable from magic"?  That's got to be how the terrorists in Fallujah are feeling right now...

112772[/snapback]

Yes, Yes it was. I have to think an airborne 105mm howitzer has got to be a very very scary thing.

Yes, Yes it was. I have to think an airborne 105mm howitzer has got to be a very very scary thing.

112867[/snapback]

I was thinking more the overhead imagery and immediate response to such. Can you imagine a trio of them setting up in what they think is a well-concealed position, only to have it blown to all hell out of nowhere moments after they settled in? That is just an amazing level of "presence" on the battlefield...especially to gomers limited to the Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball.

I was thinking more the overhead imagery and immediate response to such.  Can you imagine a trio of them setting up in what they think is a well-concealed position, only to have it blown to all hell out of nowhere moments after they settled in?  That is just an amazing level of "presence" on the battlefield...especially to gomers limited to the Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball.

112881[/snapback]

Yup, that's why I posted it. Guys running for their lives to secret little safehouses, and we're on their arse the whole way - Thanks for letting us know where to find you, assclowns.

I know we've suffered some casualties since this op began, but I can't imagine how many hundreds of American AND Iraqi lives are saved by finding and eliminating the enemy in this manner.

I'm afraid of the fire ant thing though. You kick an anthill, and they simply move 10 feet away and build another ant hill. I'd really like a piece of Zarqawi. Libs were screaming about OBL, but Zarqawi is the bigger threat right now.

112721[/snapback]

its already happened. i read an article that one of the insurgents, a former major in saddam's army, was captured and he claimed 50% of the the insurgents left the city before the assault started. the ones who left want to continue the fight and the ones who stayed want to be martyrs

its already happened.  i read an article that one of the insurgents, a former major in saddam's army, was captured and he claimed 50% of the the insurgents left the city before the assault started.  the ones who left want to continue the fight and the ones who stayed want to be martyrs

112912[/snapback]

Even if they'd all escaped...it still makes it tougher for them to operate lacking a secure geographical base.

And if 50% escape...it's STILL a meaningful reduction. Even better if the leadership isn't among the 50% survivors...

Figured as much, but hope springs eternal...

112936[/snapback]

But the closer you get to the point of too many chiefs, too little Indians, the equation tilts towards the good guys. Unless they hightailed into Syria, it will be difficult to conduct ops from the desert.

But the closer you get to the point of too many chiefs, too little Indians, the equation tilts towards the good guys.  Unless they hightailed into Syria, it will be difficult to conduct ops from the desert.

112943[/snapback]

You can count the "real" leadership on one hand.

I just love it when a good plan comes together.

112700[/snapback]

[Light cigar and cue A-Team theme music]

I've seen film of C-130 gunship suppression from Vietnam (Wow!). Couple that with today's imaging technology and you can't help but wonder what goes through the mind of someone looking down the wrong end of the barrel.

Trying to add an attachment to this post. Nose art for Herky Gunship "Azrael: Angel of Death," which, correct me if I'm wrong, happens to be the Angel of Death from the Koran?

post-2988-1100190715_thumb.jpg

112715[/snapback]

That decision isn't one based on saving them or even out of respect for their houses of worship. It is a practical and tactical decision that in the long run, destroying mosques will cost us more American lives than letting these cretins escape to them for what will only be a temporary refuge for them anyway.

Think of the value in proving our sincerity to muslims by being be able to show that even in a firefight with our lives at stake, we respected their houses of worship. Balance that against killing those guys today or the next time they stick their heads out the door.

[Light cigar and cue A-Team theme music]

I've seen film of C-130 gunship suppression from Vietnam (Wow!). Couple that with today's  imaging technology and you can't help but wonder what goes through the mind of someone looking down the wrong end of the barrel.

Trying to add an attachment to this post. Nose art for Herky Gunship "Azrael: Angel of Death," which, correct me if I'm wrong, happens to be the Angel of Death from the Koran?

post-2988-1100190715_thumb.jpg

112992[/snapback]

You gotta love the kills on the nose of the gunship.......camels!! :D

That decision isn't one based on saving them or even out of respect for their houses of worship.  It is a practical and tactical decision that in the long run, destroying mosques will cost us more American lives than letting these cretins escape to them for what will only be a temporary refuge for them anyway. 

Think of the value in proving our sincerity to muslims by being be able to show that even in a firefight with our lives at stake, we respected their houses of worship.  Balance that against killing those guys today or the next time they stick their heads out the door.

113021[/snapback]

I would've thought the military learned during VietNam that as soon as yous tart allowing the enemy to hide in places that are off limits, you guarantee defeat.

They can always rebuild the mosques, but if we don't kill these bastards, there will be hell to pay in the future.