Don't wait for the season to start to say "I Told you so&quot

-Everyone will be praising the Maybin pick after watching him play well, Schobel will not be back to form but will be a huge upgrade from our pash rush from 08'

-The offensive line is not as bad as everyone thinks. Hangartner is a huge upgrade over Fowler/Preston, Wood looks like the real deal, Levitre starts off slow but finishes very strong. Our interior OL is set up for years with this past years draft and FA pickup. Bell will be moved to one of the OT positions near the bye week

-Trent will suprise everyone and play fairly well

-Jackson will prove he should be starting during Lynch's suspension. They continue to battle for carries even after Lynch comes back.

-McKelvin will prove he is a shut down corner in the league

-McGee will get picked on and show that he shouldnt be resigned, Lankster and Corner show they can be starting DB's after McGee is struggling

-The DL is inconsistant against the run showing flashes of great sometimes and looking downright horrible others

-T.O. is exactly what Trent and this offense needed to look good, opens up Lee and the running game tons

-Everyone realizes that Roscoe Parrish is not an NFL caliber WR after very short gains, tackles immediately after catching the ball, bad route running, and complaining that he is being underutilized. No one offers anything for him before the trade deadline and proves his worth around the NFL and slacks off on punt returns going forward

-Shawn Nelson will show that he is going to be our starting TE for years to come

-We barely make the post season but lose in the Wildcard round (hey, its an upgrade)

-We realize we are one offseason away from being really competitive. Draft another DE/DT early in the draft

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic:

- Fred Jackson fails to top 50 rushing yards in week 1

- Langston Walker, if he starts, allows 3 sacks in week 1

- The run defense performs surprisingly well, and is ranked among the top third in the league in opponents' yards per carry

- Aaron Maybin totals more than 5 sacks on the season

- Trent Edwards does not throw a pass that travels more than 20 yards in the air until week 3

- Dick Jauron lasts the entire season without getting fired, despite widely-covered fan protests in and around the stadium

- I drink at least a half-bottle of Captain during Buffalo's week 1 thrashing at the hands of you-know-who

Not if the NFL has their way

I'll tell ya what, I aint been on here in a while on accounta last time I was on here, some people started talkin trash, sayin this wasn't the real Stone Cold. But I'll tell you one thing- if the Bills come out and they aint no good, then let's start bashin em. But last time I checked, they aint played a game yet. You got a problem with the Buffalo Bills? What? What? I didn't think so. Let's get out there and support the team and see what they can do. By the way, I'm plannin on attending the home opener on the 20th. If you're lookin to drink some beers and whoop some ass, look me up.

I'm not sure if I missed something or not, but how would the Bills have had an extra 1st round pick in 2010 if they didn't draft Jairus Byrd?

The very next selection after we took Byrd was owned by the 49ers. They traded it to the Panthers for a 1st round pick in 2010.

I am guessing that this coincided with when they took the straight jacket and shackles of Jauron and brought him up from the cellar, so he could grab defensive backs and small linebackers the way only he can.

The very next selection after we took Byrd was owned by the 49ers. They traded it to the Panthers for a 1st round pick in 2010.

I am guessing that this coincided with when they took the straight jacket and shackles of Jauron and brought him up from the cellar, so he could grab defensive backs and small linebackers the way only he can.

Okay. I wasn't aware of this. But who says the Panthers made the same offer to the Bills? Maybe they did...just curious as to if you know if that was ever an actual possibility. Because if it was, I'd sure love to have the extra 1st.

Just so I understand this: you're saying the Panthers offered the Bills the SAME deal they offered the 49ers? The Panthers actually called the Bills and offered their #1 next year for our 2nd round pick this year? That's what you're suggesting?

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with a lot of your predictions mrags. I won't jump on the playoff birth just yet, but most of the others I have similar outlooks except for the DB predictions: I think McKelvin will turn into a high risk/high reward corner, and agree with you with on McGee, but don't see Corner or Lankster as replacements. They are what McGee should have been all along: nickle CB's. Unless Youboty becomes magically durable, I smell the dreaded high round CB draft pick once again. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!

Just so I understand this: you're saying the Panthers offered the Bills the SAME deal they offered the 49ers? The Panthers actually called the Bills and offered their #1 next year for our 2nd round pick this year? That's what you're suggesting?

GO BILLS!!!

I think that it is a very distinct possibility. Or, do you think that the idea to trade up for Brown just popped into their heads immediately after the Bills made their pick one spot earlier.

Not to be a wiseass, but which scenario seems more likely to you?

I think that it is a very distinct possibility. Or, do you think that the idea to trade up for Brown just popped into their heads immediately after the Bills made their pick one spot earlier.

Not to be a wiseass, but which scenario seems more likely to you?

I think it's very possible that they waited to see if the Bills would draft Everette Brown, since they knew the Bills needed Dline help. Sure they drafted Maybin already, but the Jaguars drafted two OT with their first two picks, so why couldn't the Bills drafts 2 DE's within their first 3 picks?

I think it's very possible that they waited to see if the Bills would draft Everette Brown, since they knew the Bills needed Dline help. Sure they drafted Maybin already, but the Jaguars drafted two OT with their first two picks, so why couldn't the Bills drafts 2 DE's within their first 3 picks?

OK. It is merely my opinion, admittedly a guess, that the Bills could have had the same deal. I have no reason to believe that the Panthers made up their minds that second. It would seem far less likely imo.

<crowd noise>

"With the first pick of the NFL 2010 draft, the Buffalo Bills pick Timothy Richard Tebow from the University of Florida!"

<crowd goes wild>

February 2012 Bills win the Super Bowl.

February 2013 - I go to rehab for Crack addiction.

OK. Here goes:

1. Week 1 - DJ decides to spread the field and the Bills pull a 4th quarter final drive comeback upset, shocking the country. All preseason beliefs of Trent Edwards are quickly forgotten and Fred Jackson goes for over 150 yards of total offense

2. Thru Week 3 Jackson has amassed over 400 yards of offense. In Week 4, Lynch returns to rush for 30 yds on 15 carries and drops a pass. The Bills fall to 3-1. Fans are in an uproar, RB Controversy begins.

3. By week 8, Shawn Nelson and Steve Johnson are both starting, supplanting Reed and Shouman. The larger receiving core has resulted in a devastating passing attack as the Bills are top 5 in the league.

4. Bills end up 12-4. Top 5 in overall offense. T.O., Eric Wood, Fred Jackson and Trent make the pro-bowl.

5. Offensive Line gels as sack total is top 5 in league.

6. Defense finishes middle of the road - 15th overall, top 10 against the run

7. Bills get knocked out in 2nd round of playoffs.

Ya, great. BUT.... can he win games with this STAFF??????

I'm afraid not

This team includes the coaches. Heh, I just went on record so I can say I told you so once Fitz and TE are down. If you want to do the I told you so thingy then go on record that he cant and you can tell me so if we'll loose under Hamdan lol.

OK. Here goes:

1. Week 1 - DJ decides to spread the field and the Bills pull a 4th quarter final drive comeback upset, shocking the country. All preseason beliefs of Trent Edwards are quickly forgotten and Fred Jackson goes for over 150 yards of total offense

2. Thru Week 3 Jackson has amassed over 400 yards of offense. In Week 4, Lynch returns to rush for 30 yds on 15 carries and drops a pass. The Bills fall to 3-1. Fans are in an uproar, RB Controversy begins.

3. By week 8, Shawn Nelson and Steve Johnson are both starting, supplanting Reed and Shouman. The larger receiving core has resulted in a devastating passing attack as the Bills are top 5 in the league.

4. Bills end up 12-4. Top 5 in overall offense. T.O., Eric Wood, Fred Jackson and Trent make the pro-bowl.

5. Offensive Line gels as sack total is top 5 in league.

6. Defense finishes middle of the road - 15th overall, top 10 against the run

7. Bills get knocked out in 2nd round of playoffs.

why not the world?

OK. It is merely my opinion, admittedly a guess, that the Bills could have had the same deal. I have no reason to believe that the Panthers made up their minds that second. It would seem far less likely imo.

I agree. As much as trading a second for a future 1st is a no-brainer long-term move, the Bills front office and coaching staff knows they will not have jobs if they don't win this year. That's why they were only trading up and not down. That's why the Patriots are what they are and traded back in just about every round to secure future winning seasons, meanwhile the Bills are constantly trading up and trying to claw their way out of the hole they are in as an organization. The difference of the two organizations is really sad.

I agree. As much as trading a second for a future 1st is a no-brainer long-term move, the Bills front office and coaching staff knows they will not have jobs if they don't win this year. That's why they were only trading up and not down. That's why the Patriots are what they are and traded back in just about every round to secure future winning seasons, meanwhile the Bills are constantly trading up and trying to claw their way out of the hole they are in as an organization. The difference of the two organizations is really sad.

First of all, welcome to the board; that is one funny screen name. :sick:

I fully agree that a move like that was based on Jauron keeping his job. And, look at how he put that pick to use.....yet another defensive back, to followed by 4 or 5 more. The Panthers thought enough of Brown to trade a #1 in 2010, but our loser coach saw fit to waste more resources in the secondary.

The above is one of many illustrations of just how bad Jauron is and why his career is marked by losing.