The kind of COACH we NEED!

Check out Mike Tomlin @ 1:19 of this video.

Simple things like this, that Jauron does not do...it really really really does go A LONG WAY with your players!

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...30-14f8681a6edf

*You need to Live and Die AND CELEBRATE, even the small things...with your players! (AND get in their faces when the make a mistake!) I really like Tomlin and think he is a GREAT Head Coach. Leslie Frazier is next in line to follow.

(Instead of starting a new thread, I will say it here...I have NEVER EVER felt so much anger about missing out on a player by ONE pick, as I do about missing out on Ben Roethlisberger!)

EDIT: Watch the very end of the video where Tomlin's shaking hands with and hugging Spencer Johnson/Fred Jackson.

Simple things like this, that Jauron does not do...it really really really does go A LONG WAY with your players!

*You need to Live and Die AND CELEBRATE, even the small things...with your players! (AND get in their faces when the make a mistake!) I really like Tomlin and think he is a GREAT Head Coach. Leslie Frazier is next in line to follow.

(Instead of starting a new thread, I will say it here...I have NEVER EVER felt so much anger about missing out on a player by ONE pick, as I do about missing out on Ben Roethlisberger!)

Roethlisberger wouldn't have excelled with the Bills. He is a guy who manages the game for the first 3 and a half quarters and than comes up big in the last 7 or 8 minutes. The Bills don't have the D or the ground game to support a guy like Roethlisberger. So don't feel too bad about missing out on him he is just the right guy on the right team (Don't get me wrong he is a very good QB but he needs a good team around him I mean he threw 17 TD and 14 INT last season)

Your point about the coaching staff is a little simplistic. Sure it looks good for a coach to yell at his players and run tough camps but you have to win to do all those things. I mean Tony Dungy doesn't yell that much yet he won with two teams the Bucs and Colts. If a coach is smart and makes good game plans and in game decisions that is more important than passion.

To me DJ gets out coached a lot and that is why he isn't a good coach plain and simple.

Roethlisberger wouldn't have excelled with the Bills. He is a guy who manages the game for the first 3 and a half quarters and than comes up big in the last 7 or 8 minutes.

I think you're wrong. I've seen just about every game Ben R. has played, and he's no game manager, contrary to popular and miguided belief. He's unreal in the red zone, and on 3rd down, in particular.

EDIT: Watch the very end of the video where Tomlin's shaking hands with and hugging Spencer Johnson/Fred Jackson.

It's called passion. Jauron has no visible passion and football is a passionate game if you expect to win.

Roethlisberger wouldn't have excelled with the Bills. He is a guy who manages the game for the first 3 and a half quarters and than comes up big in the last 7 or 8 minutes. The Bills don't have the D or the ground game to support a guy like Roethlisberger. So don't feel too bad about missing out on him he is just the right guy on the right team (Don't get me wrong he is a very good QB but he needs a good team around him I mean he threw 17 TD and 14 INT last season)

Your point about the coaching staff is a little simplistic. Sure it looks good for a coach to yell at his players and run tough camps but you have to win to do all those things. I mean Tony Dungy doesn't yell that much yet he won with two teams the Bucs and Colts. If a coach is smart and makes good game plans and in game decisions that is more important than passion.

To me DJ gets out coached a lot and that is why he isn't a good coach plain and simple.

in case you didn't catch it, the pitt O score 10 points in the first half

Big Ben a game manager. Even in a preseason game it was obvious how ridiculous a statement that is. His O-line sucked last year, but he makes plays. You want a ton of TDs? Go watch Brees going nowhere in NO.

Dungy held back the Bucs and the Colts. The Colts had the best offensive talent in the past decade, yet they have one title under Tony---and he won it with the worst defense to win a SB.

Gruden will never come here.

in case you didn't catch it, the pitt O score 10 points in the first half

Don't give a crap about Pre-season football at all the fact is the guy threw 17 TD's (6 more than Trent and Trent was hurt for a few games) and 14 INT's last season. The guy is a good QB don't get me wrong but he isn't a guy who is going to light up the nights sky with 25-35 TD's a year.

Rothelisberger is a winner who plays well in big moments and thats his worth. Down the stretch he excels and makes plays but early on in games the Steelers usually play a very conservative run and short pass game and let their D take over. Than down the stretch they take calculated chances and let Big Ben make plays when he needs to.

I would love to have Rothelisberger as the Bills QB as he is now but the Bills would not have developed him into what he is now and he might have been good down the line but no way is he taking the Bills to two Super Bowls.

I was probably Jauron's most vocal critic here last year and was looking for the Bills to hire the next Mike Tomlin in Raheem Morris...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=77315&hl=

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=78236&hl=

The only thing that's good about this season is that it will be Jauron's last. The bad thing is that it's another wasted year of development for the Bills young roster.