Edwards needs to be benched...

Big Turk

If you timed the difference given to the QB's and compared the two O-lines, you would see Big Ben's lineman gave him ample time and a pocket where as TE was having his own lineman literally shoved right into his face right from the very get go.

TE played poorly, but the O-line contributed greatly to the problem, at least in my opinion.

We all know Big Ben can improvise, he just won a SB doing it, he's one tough ass QB to go up against and seems impossible sometimes to bring down.

One bright point of the evening though, Maybin looked really good at times. :thumbsup:

I gotta agree with Murra on this. I still hold out some hope for Trent, and I hate to judge anyone on preseason, but that hope is weakening a little.

I thought our DL looked pretty good tonight. They actually got quite a bit of pressure on Ben, but watching him slip that pressure, or get rid of the ball just in time, rifling it into a covered receiver time after time, reminded me what a real. winning QB looks like.

I don't expect Trent to be Big Ben (who I think is just a fantastic QB - criminally underrated, because he doesn't sling the 300 yard games like Manning/Brady/Rivers/Brees). But the good QBs can work well with and even take advantage of moderate pressure. (No QB looks good in a jail break, but that's not what we mostly saw tonight.)

I'm not saying our OL was great, but they were adequate given the defense they were facing, and I thought Trent had enough time to do much more than he did. Even throwing the ball away with authority if he felt the pressure too much would have been an improvement over those desperate, tentative, tardy passes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA, I LOVE IT. This is brilliant. The very reason he was granted a starting role over JP (his mental aspect) is the very reason we're calling him out a season later. I think this is hilarious.

I think it's sad.

I got railed by people swinging from Trents nutz when I threw out numbers regarding TD, passer rating etc where Edwards was not statistically better than JP. Either Trent gets it done this year with the full year chance that JP never got and I'll be happy or the whole staff and the QB will likely be thrown out and I'll be happy.

Oh, wait I forgot how we do it as the Bills. WHEN Trent gets hurt this year and Fitz plays well...they can avoid the issue by saying "well we're playing good right now and we'll see where Fitz takes us"

If you timed the difference given to the QB's and compared the two O-lines, you would see Big Ben's lineman gave him ample time and a pocket where as TE was having his own lineman literally shoved right into his face right from the very get go.

TE played poorly, but the O-line contributed greatly to the problem, at least in my opinion.

We all know Big Ben can improvise, he just won a SB doing it, he's one tough ass QB to go up against and seems impossible sometimes to bring down.

One bright point of the evening though, Maybin looked really good at times. :thumbsup:

Time the lines to when the QB has to move in the pocket not when the ball is thrown. Big Ben makes his line look good because he can move and doesn't go down.

Guest dog14787
I gotta agree with Murra on this. I still hold out some hope for Trent, and I hate to judge anyone on preseason, but that hope is weakening a little.

I thought our DL looked pretty good tonight. They actually got quite a bit of pressure on Ben, but watching him slip that pressure, or get rid of the ball just in time, rifling it into a covered receiver time after time, reminded me what a real. winning QB looks like.

I don't expect Trent to be Big Ben (who I think is just a fantastic QB - criminally underrated, because he doesn't sling the 300 yard games like Manning/Brady/Rivers/Brees). But the good QBs can work well with and even take advantage of moderate pressure. (No QB looks good in a jail break, but that's not what we mostly saw tonight.)

I'm not saying our OL was great, but they were adequate given the defense they were facing, and I thought Trent had enough time to do much more than he did. Even throwing the ball away with authority if he felt the pressure too much would have been an improvement over those desperate, tentative, tardy passes.

Its hard to disagree with that, but with TO in the game and a different game plan (or a game plan at all) I think TE probably fairs a little better, even against the Superbowl champs. I hope so anyway because we will be finding out shortly and it probably isn't getting any easier.

Guest dog14787
I think it's sad.

I got railed by people swinging from Trents nutz when I threw out numbers regarding TD, passer rating etc where Edwards was not statistically better than JP. Either Trent gets it done this year with the full year chance that JP never got and I'll be happy or the whole staff and the QB will likely be thrown out and I'll be happy.

Oh, wait I forgot how we do it as the Bills. WHEN Trent gets hurt this year and Fitz plays well...they can avoid the issue by saying "well we're playing good right now and we'll see where Fitz takes us"

There's things about Fitz I really like.

Its hard to disagree with that, but with TO in the game and a different game plan (or a game plan at all) I think TE probably fairs a little better, even against the Superbowl champs. I hope so anyway because we will be finding out shortly and it probably isn't getting any easier.

I hope your right but that REALLY scares me. No team should be so reliant on a single player to take them from putrid to competent.

Guest dog14787
I hope your right but that REALLY scares me. No team should be so reliant on a single player to take them from putrid to competent.

Luckily, he's not your average man

TO, because of his size and speed has become TE's #1 so make no mistake about it, TE loves to throw the ball to TO.

(defenses hate TO)

I agree. I've seen enough good things out of Trent (and TO for that matter) to remain marginally hopeful. But then again, I'm an idiot.

I think it's sad.

"WE all think JP got shafted too!! He would have been a great QB if he just got the chance!!"

Regards,

All of us in the S5 Psych Ward

The deer in the headlights look - I've seen it before. Was it the Browns last year in a night game? It was painful to watch, so incredibly tentative/afraid, I felt sorry for him, but more sorry for the fans who had high expectations that night.

Is he toast?

I always think back to that game and all the times Evans was wide open going deep. The crowd was yelling for Edwards to throw the ball to Evans, but he would choose to dump it off a couple yards.

Whaa, Whaa, JP was treated badly, so we should bench Trent. Who gives a schitt about JP Loserman, you guys should really get over it. Trent looks like a high school QB out there and may be benched a couple of games into the season but I don't think Fitz is ready to start the season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a far better grasp on the offense and gives this team the best chance to win.

The Buffalo Bills have an arguably top 5 receiving corps and it is looking like things will go down as the worst travesty in offensive history as long as labia-hands Trent is given control over play calling.

To not utilize T.O. and Evans will be one of the greatest football sins ever committed.

Bench Trent, start Fitzpatrick.

I saw all that I needed to see on a drive in the second quarter: a play action pass was called. Trent fakes to Dominic Rhodes and Rhodes runs about a yard past the line of scrimmage and turns around to be an outlet. Trentative Edwards in fact NEVER looks anywhere else on this PA pass, eyeballing Rhodes the entire time. Rhodes gets blasted on a 1 yard gain. He could have had Lee Running open, Roscoe, Josh, a tight end, WHOEVER! But Trent NEVER surveyed the field for an open wide receiver. His confidence is non-existent right now. Hopefully he can make a few plays Monday night in Foxboro to get some of that back, but Im not counting on it...

My concern is twofold:

1) For the offense to be successful with TO, Trent will need to develop confidence in throwing the long ball. He shows very little of that confidence/ability yet, way too many check-down, dump off passes.

2) If above does not work, just how cool do you think TO is going to be with adapting by running short routes across the middle - where he is likely to take beatings?