I'm horrified

God and I live down here with these Steeler fans, this was just friggin pitifull. When DJ comes out of his coma, I at least hope he shows some emotion when hes fired, god willing, it will be soon. Granted I dont see every Bills game like a lot of posters here but heres some of my observations. Trent Edwards is not going to take this team to the next level. Third year and Im seeing him regress, not take the next step like a Philip Rivers, Rogers or Roethlisburger. Donte Whitner is a flat out turd. I have never seen him make any play of consequence, like a big hit, or big interception return. Though JP wasnt going to take us to the next level, at least he could air out the bomb to Evans so we could score occasionally. Does anybody in their right mind think this offense and Captain Checkdown are going to march methodically down the field on long drives? The line needs totally revamped, maybe move Woods to center(he only started 4 years at center at Louisville), get Bell in at LT move Langston to RT, move Butler to G and whoever is left to the other G. Levitre is not ready to start and I dont see what they saw in him to move up to get him. I hope the new coach comes in and blows up this roster, comes in the first meeting and tells the players the reason they've been losing is because of lot of them just are not good enough. Cuts Kelsay day 1. Trades away Roscoe and Reed and uses that 6 million for a real receiver. Finds a replacement for Kyle Williams, cuts Shobel and Denney. The bright spot tonight is my mind is were gonna suck and suck bad. I just hope we suck bad enough to get one of those top QBS coming out in the draft next year. God this is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooong year.

I live in Pittsburgh also. It is painful to watch the difference. Both are in similar cities. One team is run by people who understand football, the other by morons. Get rid of Jauron NOW. Look at the difference between him and Tomlin. One understands football and has passion for the game.

God and I live down here with these Steeler fans, this was just friggin pitifull. When DJ comes out of his coma, I at least hope he shows some emotion when hes fired, god willing, it will be soon. Granted I dont see every Bills game like a lot of posters here but heres some of my observations. Trent Edwards is not going to take this team to the next level. Third year and Im seeing him regress, not take the next step like a Philip Rivers, Rogers or Roethlisburger. Donte Whitner is a flat out turd. I have never seen him make any play of consequence, like a big hit, or big interception return. Though JP wasnt going to take us to the next level, at least he could air out the bomb to Evans so we could score occasionally. Does anybody in their right mind think this offense and Captain Checkdown are going to march methodically down the field on long drives? The line needs totally revamped, maybe move Woods to center(he only started 4 years at center at Louisville), get Bell in at LT move Langston to RT, move Butler to G and whoever is left to the other G. Levitre is not ready to start and I dont see what they saw in him to move up to get him. I hope the new coach comes in and blows up this roster, comes in the first meeting and tells the players the reason they've been losing is because of lot of them just are not good enough. Cuts Kelsay day 1. Trades away Roscoe and Reed and uses that 6 million for a real receiver. Finds a replacement for Kyle Williams, cuts Shobel and Denney. The bright spot tonight is my mind is were gonna suck and suck bad. I just hope we suck bad enough to get one of those top QBS coming out in the draft next year. God this is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooong year.

Pretty drastic. I agree that we need new leadership (or at least some), but good teams build the lines first. Guess what the Buffalo Bills have done? The best skill players in the world won't help you until you build the lines. Take 2 years and draft linemen and get free agents, then plug in good skill players. That's building for the future. Oh yes, get a cold-weather quarterback for God's sake. Kelly played in PA before college in Miami. He understood the elements. These California kids have no clue and never will.

DJ should be ashamed and embarrassed about the state of this team.

The emotionless one ? the one with the monotone voice? the one where the concept of excitement is non-existent?

Embarrassment is a foreign concept to those with no emotion.

DJ's postgame presser sounds just like Belichick's, except for the part where how we won.

They probably dont even think they have to have a meeting. They believe that all can be accomplished by hard work and devoted guys.

(Hard work being no pads/hitting/two-a-days)

“There is area for concern and there’s plenty of things we need to fix here pretty quickly, but I feel we have a good group of guys,” said Edwards. “Guys that want to go in the right direction and that’s the bottom line.”

Well...Ol' Dead Dick has taught TE something... :thumbsup:

The young guys are learning and trying. But I'm starting to think the veterans have finally started to quit on Dick, Turk, and Perry. I don't think you can just bring back a failed coaching staff like RW did to save money and expect the team to continue to play with maximum intensity. Maybe at one time the players wanted to play for DJ because he is a player's coach, but players also want to win if they bust their butts and I think they are starting to realize their coaching staff just isn't top notch. Subconsciously at least they realize this current team is screwed and this affects them on the field. If we fans realize this team has serious problems shouldn't we expect the players to realize it even more?

All I have to say is this team is too talented to look this bad

Granted it was the Steelers but still...

They should have fired Jauron after last season.

Really? I cant think of any quality talent anywhere. Our CBs and RBs are good but thats about it. Our OL sucks, our QBs suck, we may as well not have any TEs, and with TO out our WRs suck. Our D line is the worst in football because our top 3 DEs are our worst three DEs, our LBs are average and our safeties suck. We have no big time play makers on D, not one. TO is our only legit threat on O. So where is all this talent? O yea they are on other teams because we neglected to draft them...

I agree. If you're Russ Brandon, what is your highest priority Monday AM? What's the agenda for your meeting with DJ?

This comment should be a thread topic. It's painfully obvious that this team is no better than the one that finished 2-8 last season. Something needs to be done to prevent a tailspin. Another year of DJ is just a wasted season. Russ Brandon would apparently be the guy capable of convincing Ralph that we need change now. Extending Dick prematurely was a $6 mil. mistake and it's time to eat it and move on. Get one of the premier coaches that are available, show the players that winning is a priority, and embark on a real rebuilding program.

Really? I cant think of any quality talent anywhere. Our CBs and RBs are good but thats about it. Our OL sucks, our QBs suck, we may as well not have any TEs, and with TO out our WRs suck. Our D line is the worst in football because our top 3 DEs are our worst three DEs, our LBs are average and our safeties suck. We have no big time play makers on D, not one. TO is our only legit threat on O. So where is all this talent? O yea they are on other teams because we neglected to draft them...

I think there is talent on this ballclub but it not being coached right.

You mentioned CBs and RB's

Lee Evans is not talented?? With TO he will be better. Josh Reed is a good slot man. Roscoe is the best return man in the game.

It is clear Trent needs better coaching. I think he can win some games but he is being coached to throw short and it burns me. Trent said it himself in the paper.

Stroud is good. Mitchell when motivated can play better. Poz is not great but is better than average.

Your right they could use some better talent. But this team is better than how they are playing right now and I think the main upgrade in talent involves the coaching staff...outside of Bobby April this is where they fall WAY short IMO

I have never seen a Bills team look worse in pre-season than this one, especially on offense...

I'm actually dreading the season starting for the first time ever....someone talk me off the ledge here....

Put the gun in the mouth and pull the trigger its quicker..