Girl walks into police station 18 years after kidnapping

Beerball

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's got to be weird for the parents. Probably at least 15 years of living your life believing your daughter was dead.

It is hard to imagine the thoughts and emotions that would go through your mind. Talk about a shock to the system. It's sad and maybe even cruel to think this situation probably perpetuates false hope for many other parents who will never see a lost child again.

You do have to wonder why it took her 18 years to come forward.

Fear. Brainwashing. Lack of opportunity. There are quit a few possibilities, there have been a couple of similar cases in Austria the last few years and the victims accepted captivity as 'normal'.

It must be a wonderful day for her parents after all this time to have their daughter finally returned.

Fear. Brainwashing. Lack of opportunity. There are quit a few possibilities, there have been a couple of similar cases in Austria the last few years and the victims accepted captivity as 'normal'.

It must be a wonderful day for her parents after all this time to have their daughter finally returned.

Agree on all points.

:wallbash:

Was she naked with a poodle under one are and a frog under the other?

You can't possibly think this is a thread to joke in can you? Oh wait, obviously you do. :w00t:

come on...its been 18 years.......OH NO I DI'INT :lol:

actually if you just look at the thread...my first thought was "A baby harp seal walks into a club" type of joke.....I am glad this has ended the way it apparently has....I don't think Chef had any ill intent...I know I didn't.

and that o'reilly link was kind of lame...there were no lies or hypocracies as the poster of the video titled it...o'reilly's initial reaction was to reject the stockholm syndrome..in his opinion....when the report revealed what the fbi investigation found...he was appalled at what the outcome was....the poster of that video simply has his/her panties in a wad over o'reilly and wanted to bash him.....

Too soon. JMO

and that o'reilly link was kind of lame...there were no lies or hypocracies as the poster of the video titled it...o'reilly's initial reaction was to reject the stockholm syndrome..in his opinion....when the report revealed what the fbi investigation found...he was appalled at what the outcome was....the poster of that video simply has his/her panties in a wad over o'reilly and wanted to bash him.....

Still, he didn't re-air the tape and never apologized to the family, much less the kid. It was incredibly stupid for him to make the initial comments without knowledge of what was going on. Greta Van Susteren was smart enough to avoid the topic.

Oh and blaming it on a different syndrome? Child sexual abuse syndrome? Weak IMO.