Ok, this seems like a great alternative to Directv

SDS

the entire season: $40

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

Games available after 1 hour of game ending. Commercial-free about 3 hours after the game is over. Sync up with the local radio broadcast, have integrated stats...

Considering I watch the games on TiVo anyway, so I can skip the commercials (and make the 3.5 hour ordeal only a 90 minute ordeal) - this may be the way to go on my 24" iMac.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Sounds like a great deal to me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds very good to me too. Where did you see that the games were available 1 hour after the game ending? 'Cause what I just saw said that games are available @ 9PM PST.

I didn't see that anywhere. Where did you see that?

I called the NFL tech support and that is what they told me on the phone. Of course, he used terms like "aiming for", etc... so there are no guarantees, but even so - $40 compared to $290 or whatever it is now is huge... Especially since I time shift the games anyway.

I called the NFL tech support and that is what they told me on the phone. Of course, he used terms like "aiming for", etc... so there are no guarantees, but even so - $40 compared to $290 or whatever it is now is huge... Especially since I time shift the games anyway.

It's on the third screen of the ordering process:

THE PACKAGE YOU HAVE CHOSEN

Season Pass

Video of each week's game matchups are available for viewing every Sunday at 9pm Pacific time

Price: $39.99

* In U.S. Dollars

It's on the third screen of the ordering process:

THE PACKAGE YOU HAVE CHOSEN

Season Pass

Video of each week's game matchups are available for viewing every Sunday at 9pm Pacific time

Price: $39.99

* In U.S. Dollars

My guess is that this is when they have to have it posted, as opposed to when they actually will. Or maybe I'm a sucker.

Definitely think this is cool, but I'd rather see something like what MLB.tv does - where they can broadcast the game "live" over the internet.

My big thing is that I'd rather see/listen to it live than wait until later that night to watch what happened. I'm definitely going to know the result by that time, anyway.

It's only $150 this year if you call... But that's still $110 more. Does watching it on the TV in real-time (potentially) outweigh that $100? For me it does, but for others this looks like a pretty cool idea.

Even if this is the case, I'm definitely considering it, especially since my landlord won't let me get DirecTV. That's what I get for living in a "historical district."

I won't take this too off-topic, but the FCC says you can have a dish, regardless of what your landlord says. It's really easy if you have a patio - put it in a bucket of cement and you're done. Federal law trumps local law trumps landlord lease. :)

I won't take this too off-topic, but the FCC says you can have a dish, regardless of what your landlord says. It's really easy if you have a patio - put it in a bucket of cement and you're done. Federal law trumps local law trumps landlord lease. :)

Yeah, DirecTV called and was trying to sell me on the same. I considered it briefly, but I like my landlord too much to fight him over it. They've been really good to us, and I can understand him not wanting a Satellite Dish on his building.

It's only $150 this year if you call... But that's still $110 more. Does watching it on the TV in real-time (potentially) outweigh that $100? For me it does, but for others this looks like a pretty cool idea.

Hook the computer up to the TV.

and real time? eh... What better way to force me to spend my days better than to eliminate the temptation of wasting a great Sunday afternoon watching 12 minutes of football spread out over 3.5 hours?

I won't take this too off-topic, but the FCC says you can have a dish, regardless of what your landlord says. It's really easy if you have a patio - put it in a bucket of cement and you're done. Federal law trumps local law trumps landlord lease. ;)

Just want to add as an anecdote that as a renter, I went up against the HOA of my complex and won. They wanted it on the roof and they can't mandate anything that makes it more expensive to get access...so pole and concrete with dish on top won. Of course, I had to quote FCC findings and compose a letter that sounded like it was written by a lawyer...but watching Mike Mularkey coach our team live was certainly worth the hassle :)

And yes, we need a barf emoticon on this board.

Hook the computer up to the TV.

and real time? eh... What better way to force me to spend my days better than to eliminate the temptation of wasting a great Sunday afternoon watching 12 minutes of football spread out over 3.5 hours?

Hooking a computer to the TV isn't always feasible - it's not in my case, since my PC weighs about 50 pounds :)

If you wanted to save even more money, you could just watch NFL Network during the week -- I believe they're still doing the "Short cuts," where they cut the games down to 30 minutes by removing huddles and commercials?

Hooking a computer to the TV isn't always feasible - it's not in my case, since my PC weighs about 50 pounds :)

If you wanted to save even more money, you could just watch NFL Network during the week -- I believe they're still doing the "Short cuts," where they cut the games down to 30 minutes by removing huddles and commercials?

I think that is a ST deal. The NFLN does 5 games every week on Tues/Wed.

Sounds like a neat idea, but really only for those who can rarely watch the games in real time. It's horrible for fantasy football freaks, since part of the fun on Sunday is following all of the games and stats.