Ok, this seems like a great alternative to Directv

SDS

I watched nearly the entire Bills/Broncos game from last season, and the quality was okay, but not as nice as that demo. Maybe the newer ones will look nicer...

btw- when you sign up, it lets you know that your subscription "expires" at exactly 11:59pm on January 3rd, 2010... so I guess no playoff games? No big deal, as they will all be on television...but that is soo NFL!

Considering that last season I was trying to find crappy internet feeds of the game, the PQ here would have to degrade considerably before I'd be dissatisfied lol. I didn't understand why DirecTv wouldn't sell the internet feeds separately, but maybe this is why. I'm just excited that I won't miss any games this year....that rocks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the support email for this service, and asked what time the games will be available and this was the response:

"

Customer,

The games will be available 1 hour after the live broadcast is over, with the exception of the Monday Night games, which will be available the following morning.

NFL Web Support

"

If this is true, then JOY!!!

Sign in and all literature seems clear that this is not the case. "All games will be available at 9pm Pacific."

Sign in and all literature seems clear that this is not the case. "All games will be available at 9pm Pacific."

my take on it is that was last year's deal and this year they are looking to improve it. Maybe the website hasn't been updated yet? Or maybe they don't want to put it in writing, or else someone will complain that 1:05 minutes after the game they want a full refund.

Most cable, Dish, and FIOS customers will be getting the Red Zone channel this year too...

That looks like the perfect 2nd Television channel. The Bills game on one TV and all the scoring from the other games on the other!

What's the over/under for how many times the Bills are on the Red Zone Channel (as the offensive team) this season? ;)

Even if this is the case, I'm definitely considering it, especially since my landlord won't let me get DirecTV. That's what I get for living in a "historical district."

That's technically illegal. SCOTUS ruled on that over ten years ago. No one - landlords, local governments, etc. - can block you from putting up a satellite dish.

Nonetheless, the price sounds pretty good. My only problem would be inadvertently finding out the result of the game before watching it.

• 2 weeks later...
So I was just testing to see if I could get some of the 1:00 games, and it looks like games won't be available until all games are over on Sunday. This sucks.

When you sign up, it says 9pm Pacific...midnight in WNY... not ideal, but still a great deal for $40. Given the NFL's miserly blackout rules, I am not surprised that they wouldn't want you watching games on-line, commercial free, while there are others going on the broadcast networks..if they see a dip in televison ratings, all of the sudden those billion dollar tv contracts drop to only 100's of millions....

When you sign up, it says 9pm Pacific...midnight in WNY... not ideal, but still a great deal for $40. Given the NFL's miserly blackout rules, I am not surprised that they wouldn't want you watching games on-line, commercial free, while there are others going on the broadcast networks..if they see a dip in televison ratings, all of the sudden those billion dollar tv contracts drop to only 100's of millions....

Yeah, I know, I'm the first one that reported that, but after seeing some others saying they had an email from support stating that the games started 1 hour after broadcast I figured it was worth the 40$ risk. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a stipulation in their tv contracts that they couldn't offer something like this during live games.

Yeah, I know, I'm the first one that reported that, but after seeing some others saying they had an email from support stating that the games started 1 hour after broadcast I figured it was worth the 40$ risk. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a stipulation in their tv contracts that they couldn't offer something like this during live games.

I am just hoping the broadcast quality is good!

I am so pissed.

I emailed them a few weeks ago(I posted their response in this thread word for word except for taking out my name) and they said that the 1:00 games would be available 1 hour after they ended.

Who can stay up to midnight to watch a full game when you gotta go to work the next morning?

One day these problems will be solved. One day pigs will fly.

I am so pissed.

I emailed them a few weeks ago(I posted their response in this thread word for word except for taking out my name) and they said that the 1:00 games would be available 1 hour after they ended.

Who can stay up to midnight to watch a full game when you gotta go to work the next morning?

One day these problems will be solved. One day pigs will fly.

Hey, what's with the anger? That doesn't sound very Jonathan Richman of you... :D

I Love Jonathan Richman!!!!!!!

I even wrote a fan webpage for him, which has a ton of rare songs: icecoldnugrape.com

:D

Not to hijack this thread, but his song "Summer Feeling" is one of the greatest songs ever written...I know exactly what he means in that song, but could never put it into words...I wish they would put "Jonathan Sings" out on CD...the re-recorded version "Summer Feeling" is alright, but not as good as the original....

After checking it out all week, this is just spectacular. I'm watching Vikings-Browns right now on the RH top of my flat screen while I'm surfing on the LH side. Other than 1 or 2 brief glitches a game, the PQ and AQ have been great (thru Verizon DSL). All commercials are completely cut out, including the in-game promos for network tv shows... and it's not all choppy like the NFL Network replays, it flows just like watching the game live. I don't even care if the Bills games are delayed on Sunday cause I'm watching them at the sports bar... the big draw to me is that I can see any of the other games the following week. Big thumbs up at less than $3 a week during the season.