Don't want to give Dick too much credit, but...

Jack Straw

...what if the reason the team "didn't prep" against the 3-4 is because Jauron doesn't want the Patriots* to get any free looks in anticipation of the week 1 match-up?

I mean, I really don't want to give him that much credit, but a guy has to wonder if he's got something besides unflavored oatmeal on his mind.

Thats just stupid. We struggled so much against it last year, we need to practice executing a gameplan. You can't play or coach a certain way because you are scared of what someone else might do about it. We should be practicing a plan during the pre season, not holding it back and hoping it works on sept. 14

...what if the reason the team "didn't prep" against the 3-4 is because Jauron doesn't want the Patriots* to get any free looks in anticipation of the week 1 match-up?

I mean, I really don't want to give him that much credit, but a guy has to wonder if he's got something besides unflavored oatmeal on his mind.

So you think its possible that DJ is outcoaching Belechick on this?

What is DJs record against Bellechick?

Like I said, I don't want to give him too much credit, I just thought it would be neat to entertain the idea for a minute that he might have some sort of plan.

Like I said, I don't want to give him too much credit, I just thought it would be neat to entertain the idea for a minute that he might have some sort of plan.

Nothing else Dickie boy does seems to make sense, so maybe this would be something he would try!

Hmmm. I suppose it's possible. I'd like to think that a Yale guy- a smart guy like that, actually has the wits and gumption to carry out that plan. It's not as if the O line wouldn't be getting any practice either- the O just would not be focused on attacking the 3-4. With that being said, there are still no excuses for the INTs and the sacks. . . .

HOWEVER, I think I read earlier on the board that the Pats will primarily be using the 4-3 this year. Can anyone shed light on that?

Jack Straw did not assert that DJ was out-coaching Belichick. He simply suggested that Jauron might have decided to give Belichick as little information as possible, about whatever it is Jauron is preparing for opening day.

Obviously, the Patriots will win that opening day game, and it's equally obvious the Bills will be out-coached. But it would be nice to see a closer game than usual.

The Bills didn't play that bad against a 3-4 defense. I wish people would stop saying that. Green bay had a few good breaks go their way with the INT's and Fumbles. If people actually watched the game they would understand that the Jackson Fumble and INT that Trent Threw were just good plays by the defense and poor fundaments by Lee Evans and Fred Jackson. If those didn't happen people would have a different tune around here.

Jack Straw did not assert that DJ was out-coaching Belichick. He simply suggested that Jauron might have decided to give Belichick as little information as possible, about whatever it is Jauron is preparing for opening day.

Obviously, the Patriots will win that opening day game, and it's equally obvious the Bills will be out-coached. But it would be nice to see a closer game than usual.

It is not completely obvious they will lose.

Some great individual efforts and some flukes (INTs, Fumbles, etc.) and any team can beat any other team there is no doubt.

If we win though, it ain't gonna have anything to do with DJ and his prep work with the team.

Thats just stupid. We struggled so much against it last year, we need to practice executing a gameplan. You can't play or coach a certain way because you are scared of what someone else might do about it. We should be practicing a plan during the pre season, not holding it back and hoping it works on sept. 14

Coaching scared is Dick's modus operandi isn't it?

That's a great thought - really warms the cockles.

Look everyone - we have all suffered through one Cheatriot loss after another. Beating them means the Bills do two things REALLY well (which they have been unable to do since the Home Opener way back on September 7th, 2003)

1.) pressure Brady forcing bad throws

2.) Not turn the ball over

If the Bills do that they have a chance of winning. Do I think Jauron could STILL lose if #1 and #2 come to pass? you betcha

Patriots are using a 4-3 defense at least as much, if not more, than a 3-4 alignment.

Linky

Linky Two

Of course, knowing how badly we struggle with a 3-4, I wouldn't necessarily expect to see much 4-3 when we play them.