Um, how about starting Fitzpatrick?

Pre-season game #1

Edwards average

Ftizpatrick awful

The next weeks worth of posts here were bashing Fitzpatrick. He shouldn't be on the team, terrible signing, horrible QB, no arm strength...yada, yada, yada...

Pre-season game #2

Edwards good game

Ftizpatrick average game

The next weeks worth of posts were Edwards looked good. Fitzpatrick looked good. We have a good QB and a good backup...

Pre-season game #3

Edwards awful game

Fitzpatrick good game

And we now get I know it's pre-season, but Edwards is terrible and Fitzpatrick should start..

Stay tuned for pre-season game #4 folks, you just never know....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh:

"It was only a matter of time, before a thread like this got started."

;)

You started a thread about Favre & went on record that he stunk after practicing for TWO days & throwing 4 passes for the Vikings.

Simply fantastic!

;):ph34r::flirt:

For the record: Trent threw an INT & FUMBLED his 1st two series against the Pack. It seems to me Favre outplayed Edwards this weekend.

Yes, I did. I also noted, very clearly that he only practiced for two days. I was also CRYSTAL clear that I wasn't suggesting he would be a bad QB for the team, based on that one preseason performance. Nowhere did I suggest the Vikings should think about replacing Favre as the starter, in their next preseason game.

You see, you and I both made observations about a team's starting QB. But other than that we made very different posts. I went out of my way to include context, and avoid making too much of my observation given the context. You embraced your observation as some sort of revelation, and suggested the team start to build the foundation for a future QB controversy, based on that observation.

Get the difference?

Totally agree. I think Frank Reich should start to. It seems that people always forget each year that this is the pre-season. It doesn't mean ANYTHING. A month ago, people were saying Fitzpatrick sucks and now he should be starting? By the time week 2 rolls around, the pre-season will be a distant memory and like every year, we will recall how irrelevant it is.

I don't think Fitzpatrick should start.

I think we should take the approach we SHOULD have taken with JP Losman - let him play out this final year, and let him make or break his status as the starter of the team. No bull sh-- of losing jobs due to injuries, the offense "looking better" even though it's producing the same or less as it did before. Edwards is the quarterback. This is his year to either put up or shut up. It also wouldn't hurt if he held himself accountable once in a while, either. "But uhh, we don't practice against it!"

YOYOING THE QUARTERBACKS ISNT THE ANSWER

Yes, I did. I also noted, very clearly that he only practiced for two days. I was also CRYSTAL clear that I wasn't suggesting he would be a bad QB for the team, based on that one preseason performance. Nowhere did I suggest the Vikings should think about replacing Favre as the starter, in their next preseason game.

You see, you and I both made observations about a team's starting QB. But other than that we made very different posts. I went out of my way to include context, and avoid making too much of my observation given the context. You embraced your observation as some sort of revelation, and suggested the team start to build the foundation for a future QB controversy, based on that observation.

Get the difference?

You said for the record Favre stunk. In context, Trent has stunk since the midpoint of last year. I was pointing out the fact that you derided another poster for starting a stupid thread when you did the EXACT same thing. Is that CRYSTAL clear?

You said for the record Favre stunk. In context, Trent has stunk since the midpoint of last year. I was pointing out the fact that you derided another poster for starting a stupid thread when you did the EXACT same thing. Is that CRYSTAL clear?

Sorry for confusing you with the OP. But I think you need to bone up on reading comprehension. I didn't do the EXACT same thing, as I did not recommend a team take action on my observation. I don't think many people would be disagreeing with the OP if he simply noted Trent's sub-par performance, It's where he went after that observation that has caused the backlash, IMO. I never went anywhere near there in my post.

Some people's preseason reactions and "ideas" are almost unbearable.

I don't think it would be a good idea to sit your starting QB when he needs the experience against a 3-4 defense. That would be stupid.

Because Hamdan drove for 4 TDs and a FG in preseason in his last 6 drives?

If you want to tout his preseason #'s, you might want to take note that Hamdan's playing time has pretty much been limited to meaningless 'garbage time' against guys who won't survive the final roster cuts.

The Dean's snottiness aside, I understand the infatuation with Hamdan - I like him too. Yet, for some odd reason Hamdan seems to have lost some of the 'Chroise' this preseason. I don't mean to blaspheme, but I just am not getting the same readings on the 'Chroise-meter' that I did last year. Not sure why.

Maybe, since Hamdan has only seen action in one regular season NFL game since he was drafted in 2003 (1-for-2, 7 yards) before being relegated to NFL Europe by 2 different teams, then released by both those teams, a look at his college #'s (his preseason action has been mostly against 3rd & 4th stringers and rookies fresh out of college anyway) might explain why I brought Graham Harrell into the equation -

Gibram Hamdan - 2,115 yards, 9 TDs

Graham Harrell - 15,793 yards, 134 TDs

(Trent Edwards - 4,693 yards, 32 TDs)

So yeah - Hamdan may be putting more points on the board than our Los Gatos Boy (I'm beginning to wonder if even The Dean couldn't put more points on the board than Trentie), but I don't think it's that tough to see why I wish the Bills would have at least given a look at Graham Harrell.

I think we should take the approach we SHOULD have taken with JP Losman - let him play out this final year, and let him make or break his status as the starter of the team. No bull sh-- of losing jobs due to injuries, the offense "looking better" even though it's producing the same or less as it did before. Edwards is the quarterback. This is his year to either put up or shut up. It also wouldn't hurt if he held himself accountable once in a while, either. "But uhh, we don't practice against it!"

Yup.

So I consider myself immune from your first two bullets, and in full agreement with the last two. Now, if only we could sign Graham Harrell to back up Fitzpatrick...

Graham Harrell was actually signed and is playing as the back-up QB for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. We'd have to wait until October before the Bills could sign him as per the CFL-NFL agreement.

Graham Harrell was actually signed and is playing as the back-up QB for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. We'd have to wait until October before the Bills could sign him as per the CFL-NFL agreement.

Yeah, I knew he signed with the CFL, but am clueless regarding NFL-CFL agreements on signing players. My post was merely 'wishful thinking' than anything else - I wish the Bills had brought him in for a look after Cleveland took a pass on him, and before he signed with Saskatchewan.

(I believe the Roughriders have him on on IR thru Oct. 1st anyway, and plan to bring him along slowly - my guess is that he'll play out his 2-year contract in Canada before taking another shot at making an NFL roster.)

Please no. If Fitz were to play the season in buffalo as the starter, we'd score less than 200 points on the season. The guy's garbage and nothing better than a clipboard holding 3rd stringer.

You best not be taking a shot at the "Chroisen One" with these remarks, sir!

Like some have mentioned, it is just pre-season....But since IT IS preseason, why not try Fitz out? He seems more comfortable out there...Hec, he might even be able to play against a 3-4 giving us an outside chance

Seems like alot of people on this board that are saying Noodle Arm Fitz has played better than Edwards either didn't realize it or forgot to figure in that he is going against backups and training camp bodies too, not starters like Trent is. Makes quite a bit of a difference.

Please no. If Fitz were to play the season in buffalo as the starter, we'd score less than 200 points on the season. The guy's garbage and nothing better than a clipboard holding 3rd stringer.

How dare you say that about the chosen one, the one who many on this board think was dropped here by a higher power.

I agree with you, if Mularkey hadn't yanked Losman for Holcomb everytime J.P. threw an incompletion, maybe his career would have turned out different, it surely couldn't have hurt to leave him in there to take his lumps and mature. Come to think of it, Noodle Arm kinda reminds me of Holcomb, a career backup at best who some think has the ability to start-big mistake once, would be a bigger mistake this time.