BJ Raji looks as good a advertised...

Still think that he was one if not the only defensive player with true impact potential as a rookie in the early 1st round. I wonder what it would have taken to trade up a few spots to grab him rather than the crop of light edge rushers who may or may not pan out against the big dogs.

In yesterday's game we saw the difference between a defensive lineman with a high motor, and one (a rookie) that can forklift your veteran center 5 yards deep on a play.

Maybin sounds too much like Maybe, as a Bills fan I do hope I am wrong.

Still think that he was one if not the only defensive player with true impact potential as a rookie in the early 1st round. I wonder what it would have taken to trade up a few spots to grab him rather than the crop of light edge rushers who may or may not pan out against the big dogs.

In yesterday's game we saw the difference between a defensive lineman with a high motor, and one (a rookie) that can forklift your veteran center 5 yards deep on a play.

Maybin sounds too much like Maybe, as a Bills fan I do hope I am wrong.

See, this is exactly the type of mentality that I hate. I know a lot of people are down on our GM and coach, etc. but c'mon. Raji was picked 9th. We picked 11th. End of controversy. Moving on...

See, this is exactly the type of mentality that I hate. I know a lot of people are down on our GM and coach, etc. but c'mon. Raji was picked 9th. We picked 11th. End of controversy. Moving on...

Hence the term trading up.

There was much discussion as to which player would benefit our defense the most. I was of the opinion that it would be Raji, and there were some that agreed even though pass-rushing was considered the high-priority need. This led to discussions regarding whether a DT can help a pass rush.

My comment was the Raji looked good, and I still think that he would have been a good pick. What controversy are you referring to Erik?

Feel free to "move on" as you put it. I would rather discuss the merits of the defensive rookie class with more rational posters.

There was much discussion as to which player would benefit our defense the most. I was of the opinion that it would be Raji, and there were some that agreed even though pass-rushing was considered the high-priority need. This led to discussions regarding whether a DT can help a pass rush.

My comment was the Raji looked good, and I still think that he would have been a good pick. What controversy are you referring to Erik?

Feel free to "move on" as you put it. I would rather discuss the merits of the defensive rookie class with more rational posters.

Green Bay was moving to a 3-4 and Raji was a no-brainer for them. You do realize it takes two to complete a trade right? Why would GB trade with us or anyone before them? Oakland? Forget about it...Jaguars? Maybe but they needed a tackle and got Monroe. Plus we would have likely had to given up our 2nd round pick...my point is that it is pretty unfair to Maybin to compare him to Raji when he didn't get picked before him and the Bills really had no shot at him.

Of course Raji was a good pick, that's why he went #9 in the draft. I think Raji is going to have a great career as a pro. I just fail to see what that has to do with the Bills or Aaron Maybin.

Given the ownage pressure Raji applied he would have fixed the tampa 2 scheme for sure, however he went at 9 we drafted at 11. Trading up would have cost us Wood and Levitire, which would have meant having no o-line at all.

Moving up to a more expensive draft pick was not and is not feasible for RW owned Bills.

Erik IS the rational one here.

Moving on...

Moving up to a more expensive draft pick was not and is not feasible for RW owned Bills.

Erik IS the rational one here.

Moving on...

Hardly the point of my original post.... "zazie"?

There is very little rational thought on the board at the moment, particularly from Erik and his apparent entourage of zazies.

OK so moving up 2 spots in a draft is impossible - I get the logic :sick:

I thought Raji looked good, and would have looked good in a Bills uniform - we will see how Maybin's coming out party compares. Like I said before, I hope I am wrong and that he lights things up ala a young Jason Taylor.

Whatever...moving on so I can read more of the enlightened posts by Erik.

No way Greenbay would have traded away, so that meant having to trade up 3 spots in the top 10. That is going to cost you bigtime (see what the Jets had to give up to trade up to 5). The cost issue versus the needs of the Bills is where the problem is/was. It would have meant trying to rebuild the o-line with 3rd round picks it's best.

Did Raji look great? He sure did. Should we have taken him at 11 if he would have been there? For sure! Would trading up for him have been an option? No.

No way Greenbay would have traded away, so that meant having to trade up 3 spots in the top 10. That is going to cost you bigtime (see what the Jets had to give up to trade up to 5). The cost issue versus the needs of the Bills is where the problem is/was. It would have meant trying to rebuild the o-line with 3rd round picks it's best.

Did Raji look great? He sure did. Should we have taken him at 11 if he would have been there? For sure! Would trading up for him have been an option? No.

Now THAT was a sane post.

Yes, that would have cost the Bills, and yes they would have had to target a team that picked prior to GB. Everyone knew the Pack wanted Raji. The Raiders or the Jaguars both would have been fairly certain of still getting their man at the 11th position so I think there was the potential, but I do not think that the Bills brass had a DT in their sights. They were going edge rusher all the way.

Obviously it is water under the bridge, and I am trying to talk about something other than how bad the team looked last night.

Hardly the point of my original post.... "zazie"?

There is very little rational thought on the board at the moment, particularly from Erik and his apparent entourage of zazies.

I thought Raji looked good, and would have looked good in a Bills uniform - we will see how Maybin's coming out party compares. Like I said before, I hope I am wrong and that he lights things up ala a young Jason Taylor.

Whatever...moving on so I can read more of the enlightened posts by Erik.

Now folks THAT is funny

Now THAT was a sane post.

Yes, that would have cost the Bills, and yes they would have had to target a team that picked prior to GB. Everyone knew the Pack wanted Raji. The Raiders or the Jaguars both would have been fairly certain of still getting their man at the 11th position so I think there was the potential, but I do not think that the Bills brass had a DT in their sights. They were going edge rusher all the way.

Obviously it is water under the bridge, and I am trying to talk about something other than how bad the team looked last night.

It is the actual money cost that makes the scenario impossible. No way would RW have approved going up and drafting a guy that was going to cost him millions more to sign. Simple as that.

It is stupid to contemplate anyway; it did not happen

Given the ownage pressure Raji applied he would have fixed the tampa 2 scheme for sure, however he went at 9 we drafted at 11. Trading up would have cost us Wood and Levitire, which would have meant having no o-line at all.

true