Offensive Line Play

Frez

I've never seen such bad play from an NFL offensive line. I witnessed last night grown men getting thrown backwards into the backfield by a rookie DT. I thought these guys were going to be an upgrade this year? Who the hell evaluates these guys and says yes, they will help our team? It's not even they haven't played together long enough it's boys getting pushed around by men. They should be ashamed of themselves when they see the film today.

Yup, It's only preseason BUT they should not be looking so weak and so bad at this point.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An ass kicking may be what they needed . next week they may get another one .

Steelers are a strong physical team, always have been. They will play rough with this team. Another big test to see how they respond.

The Packers are a GOOD team,they will do well this season and might make the playoffs. I wonder how the Bills will play when they face a great team this season. The Packers were bringing the heat every play it seemed, the new DC wanting to show the changes to that defense.

Last week the Bills faced a defense that they see every day in camp, the Bears style of Tampa 2. The Bills got their first taste of a 3-4 defense, and they get another taste next week against the Steeler's. The final week will be against Detroit and they should have a decent showing against them.

I can only hope the Bills O lines does a better job against the Steeler's, because as of now the Patriots, who should be a great team this year, are going to steamroll right through that Bills O line.

I've never seen such bad play from an NFL offensive line. I witnessed last night grown men getting thrown backwards into the backfield by a rookie DT. I thought these guys were going to be an upgrade this year? Who the hell evaluates these guys and says yes, they will help our team? It's not even they haven't played together long enough it's boys getting pushed around by men. They should be ashamed of themselves when they see the film today.

Yup, It's only preseason BUT they should not be looking so weak and so bad at this point.

Yeah i agree. Now i'm really worried about the New England game.

An ass kicking may be what they needed . next week they may get another one .

i dont know but the announcers were complimenting the play of our new center the whole time he was in there.

the rookies will struggle early primarily livitire however i believe they will be very good.

butler will be a very good RT and walker is better than peters was the last 2 years.

peters by the way is getting ripped in philly. once again he is hurt and the coaching staff keeps making excuses for his piss poor play.

believe it or not their last excuse which affected his play was the snap count. are you freaking kidding me.

give this line some time. we still have 2 more games. they will only improve as time goes on.

i dont know but the announcers were complimenting the play of our new center the whole time he was in there.

the rookies will struggle early primarily livitire however i believe they will be very good.

butler will be a very good RT and walker is better than peters was the last 2 years.

peters by the way is getting ripped in philly. once again he is hurt and the coaching staff keeps making excuses for his piss poor play.

believe it or not their last excuse which affected his play was the snap count. are you freaking kidding me.

give this line some time. we still have 2 more games. they will only improve as time goes on.

You are a true optimist the glass is half full!

I hope you are 100% correct!!

I say bring these defenses on...trial by fire. I like seeing these guys getting reps against tough defenses...so long as they learn and improve.

I agree. We've played Tennessee, Chicago, and now Green Bay. All expected to be upper echelon teams in the NFL this year. We've faced some good teams and I can only think that this WILL help us in the long run as a whole.

This Team (just like their HC) is soft, ill-prepared and overmatched on almost any Game Day...This Coaching Staff has no clue STILL how to attack a 3-4 D, and oh boy is it going to hurt this Season...It's going to be SO ugly if they don't find a freaking clue...And an Offense that can't Run the Ball with any consistancy playing their Home Games in Buffalo NY??? Can't wait to see this No Huddle juggernaut when it's snowing sideways at The Ralph...

Just more genius from Dead Dick and his Band of Zombies...Thank GOD it's only one more Season of this garbage...Thank the good Lord above... :sick:

Really?! I must have missed those accolades. But what I did see is Hangartner get bowled over by Raji twice... There was a reason why he couldnt hold a starting position in Carolina; this year, we'll see why (unfortunately)...

I agree. We've played Tennessee, Chicago, and now Green Bay. All expected to be upper echelon teams in the NFL this year. We've faced some good teams and I can only think that this WILL help us in the long run as a whole.

yeah, maybe the first team offense will even score a touchdown

Good post. The oline has looked terrible run blocking though. But this hopefully will improve in time. Additionally, this is an entirely different offense with TO. JosH reed is a good #3 but an absolutely terrible #2. Teams load up the box because Reed can't be a starting corner one on one. With TO, you can't stack the box.

Additionally, our pass blocking has been pretty good. The main problem is that without TO, our receivers can't get open. As a result, you saw a lot of Trent hanging onto the ball and taking coverage sacks. With TO (hopefully), this will improve.

This Team (just like their HC) is soft, ill-prepared and overmatched on almost any Game Day...This Coaching Staff has no clue STILL how to attack a 3-4 D, and oh boy is it going to hurt this Season...It's going to be SO ugly if they don't find a freaking clue...And an Offense that can't Run the Ball with any consistancy playing their Home Games in Buffalo NY??? Can't wait to see this No Huddle juggernaut when it's snowing sideways at The Ralph...

Just more genius from Dead Dick and his Band of Zombies...Thank GOD it's only one more Season of this garbage...Thank the good Lord above... :ph34r:

Soft is a very good word to describe this football tea. Wait till the Steelers get their hands on them. :sick:

7-9, 7-9, 7-9. Where does your optimism for improvement come from?

I think Wood and Levitre will be players in this league and I don't mind them getting reps against big time NFL D-lines so early in their careers...I was talking more on a personal level with those guys because they'll still be around regardless of the coaching staff for a while hopefully.