Everette Brown

Justice

Frankly, I don't care how good Aaron Maybin will look in a Bills uniform, the Bills dropped the ball, again, in this years draft by not taking Michael Oher in the first and Everette Brown in the second.

LT is a huge need position for the Bills, even if LW is capable of manning the LT spot. Our real weakness on the line will be RT, where Brad Butler doesn't stand a chance at being even a serviceable RT. BB is way too stiff and putting him there (at RT) weakened our RT spot when Walker had to be shifted to the left side.

I watched Everette Brown play against the Fins today and he completely destroyed Jake Long on his sack. Long didn't have a chance!

If it were up to me, I would've filled two huge needs by drafting Oher and Brown instead of Maybin and Byrd.

Oh well, at least DJ and company will be fired by years' end.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I don't care how good Aaron Maybin will look in a Bills uniform, the Bills dropped the ball, again, in this years draft by not taking Michael Oher in the first and Everette Brown in the second.

LT is a huge need position for the Bills, even if LW is capable of manning the LT spot. Our real weakness on the line will be RT, where Brad Butler doesn't stand a chance at being even a serviceable RT. BB is way too stiff and putting him there (at RT) weakened our RT spot when Walker had to be shifted to the left side.

I watched Everette Brown play against the Fins today and he completely destroyed Jake Long on his sack. Long didn't have a chance!

If it were up to me, I would've filled two huge needs by drafting Oher and Brown instead of Maybin and Byrd.

Maybin and Brown would have been good too.

You are preaching to the choir here.

We did fill two huge holes with Maybin and Byrd first off as S production is a BIG need and Maybin solves our pass rush problem.

And I love how one play against a second year player is your proof we dropped the ball. Our guys havent even had a chance to play yet. And obviously, every team in the league thought the same as we did by passing on him at least once and some twice. The draft isnt an exact science, yet you are making lame statements before they have ever played in a single regular season game?

LAME

We did fill two huge holes with Maybin and Byrd first off as S production is a BIG need and Maybin solves our pass rush problem.

And I love how one play against a second year player is your proof we dropped the ball. Our guys havent even had a chance to play yet. And obviously, every team in the league thought the same as we did by passing on him at least once and some twice. The draft isnt an exact science, yet you are making lame statements before they have ever played in a single regular season game?

LAME

I don't have to see a regular season game to know that our O-line is the worst in football. Maybe you do, but I don't. We haven't even scored a TD with our first team offense yet and I blame the O-line for that.

Oher and Brown would've helped our team tremendously. Much more than Maybin+Byrd, because everyone knows that it all starts on the lines, both offensive and defensive. A safety was a luxury pick for us that we couldn't afford, IMO.

I don't have to see a regular season game to know that our O-line is the worst in football. Maybe you do, but I don't. We haven't even scored a TD with our first team offense yet and I blame the O-line for that.

Oher and Brown would've helped our team tremendously. Much more than Maybin+Byrd, because everyone knows that it all starts on the lines, both offensive and defensive. A safety was a luxury pick for us that we couldn't afford, IMO.

And what makes Oher and Brown so good? They have done squat so far and never played a single game in their career yet. Robert Gallery was supposed to be a cant miss prospect, and he has done squat...so what makes Oher a lock to be some stud OL player?

I dont know why I am even bothering because you must not know football to be making such statements. We have a brand new line with two rookies (who were amongst the highest rated at their positions in the draft) who need time to gel...go back to Madden where everything is instant if you dont have more than 2 preseason games of patience...

Oh and a ball hawking FS is not a luxury pick for this team that faces NE twice a year and has poor production from its safety's

And what makes Oher and Brown so good? They have done squat so far and never played a single game in their career yet. Robert Gallery was supposed to be a cant miss prospect, and he has done squat...so what makes Oher a lock to be some stud OL player?

I dont know why I am even bothering because you must not know football to be making such statements. We have a brand new line with two rookies (who were amongst the highest rated at their positions in the draft) who need time to gel...go back to Madden where everything is instant if you dont have more than 2 preseason games of patience...

Oh and a ball hawking FS is not a luxury pick for this team that faces NE twice a year and has poor production from its safety's

You're all over the place with this post. I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try anyways.

Oher and Brown have the same chance as anyone else in the draft to become boom or bust and yet you say we drafted 2 of the highest rated guys at their positions and I should give them time to gel and at the same time you say my guys haven't done squat yet. i don't get your logic there.

A ball hawking SAFETY, you say? Let me know when we draft one. Byrd was a ball hawking CB in college.

The fact is, games are won and lost in the trenches and DE and O-Tackle were definitely our biggest needs.

I'm not sure how the heck you can make this type of statement in August?

If Maybin looks like Jevon Kearse circa 1999 and Byrd develops into a quality starting NFL free safety, I don't care how Oher & Brown turn out.

Before Jevon became "the freak" as an NFL pass rushing rookie stud, he was an undersized linebacker from Florida with tremendous quickness and athleticism. Kearse and Maybin remind me of one another.

I'm not sure how the heck you can make this type of statement in August?

If Maybin looks like Jevon Kearse circa 1999 and Byrd develops into a quality starting NFL free safety, I don't care how Oher & Brown turn out.

Before Jevon became "the freak" as an NFL pass rushing rookie stud, he was an undersized linebacker from Florida with tremendous quickness and athleticism. Kearse and Maybin remind me of one another.

Let me know how you feel when there are no running lanes and pass protection and our running backs and quarterbacks get killed this year, because Brad Butler is no right tackle. Hell, LW is no LT for that matter.

BTW. What's to say that Brown isn't the next great pass rusher as well?

You're all over the place with this post. I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try anyways.

Oher and Brown have the same chance as anyone else in the draft to become boom or bust and yet you say we drafted 2 of the highest rated guys at their positions and I should give them time to gel and at the same time you say my guys haven't done squat yet. i don't get your logic there.

A ball hawking SAFETY, you say? Let me know when we draft one. Byrd was a ball hawking CB in college.

The fact is, games are won and lost in the trenches and DE and O-Tackle were definitely our biggest needs.

Jairius Byrd was a CB in college although some say he also played hydrid safety.

He happened to have an uncle Perry who was kind enough to line his pocket by making sure he got picked either one or two rounds above where he was predicted to go.

Even if he is great this was a terrible pick because likely we could have ahd him in the 3rd. And a DE in the second to complement Maybin.

Are you really making these judgements based on preseason play. Really? Are you 12?

If O-line is a critical need for every team and Everette Brown beat Jake Long, then doesn't D-line seem to be the most important part of a team? If you look at most of the past Super Bowl winners, they all had a couple things in common. A good head coach and a great pass rush. Unfortunately, we have neither. :sick:

Stop bashing the pre season. Do you guys think the Long just let him get a sack thinking "We are passing, I should just let my guy beat me, its preseason." Yea, thats the kind of competitive spirit that lands you the #1 overall pick...

Second, if you want better S play, you dont draft a safety, you draft a DL. Its the same with the running game. If you cant run it most likely is the lines fault, not the backs.

Third, to beat the Pats* you need a pass rush, not another DB

Forth, I broke my cell phone when we passed on Brown.

Fifth, we should have taken M. Johnson too.

Stop bashing the pre season. Do you guys think the Long just let him get a sack thinking "We are passing, I should just let my guy beat me, its preseason." Yea, thats the kind of competitive spirit that lands you the #1 overall pick...

Second, if you want better S play, you dont draft a safety, you draft a DL. Its the same with the running game. If you cant run it most likely is the lines fault, not the backs.

Third, to beat the Pats* you need a pass rush, not another DB

Forth, I broke my cell phone when we passed on Brown.

Fifth, we should have taken M. Johnson too.

Thanks for letting us know Mr. Polian.

Ok lets start a new pool. What week of the 2009 season with Harami suffer another meltdown? My guess is the first week that Everette Brown gets a sack and Maybin doesn't.

Ha ha!!! Very funny. You wont see another meltdown out of me. Even if both of our lines play on roller skates. :sick: