• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The grass is always greener...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/caroli...an-stewart.html

I agree with the last poster that the Panthers paid way too much for Brown. He was sitting where he was sitting for a reason. Top quality DEs don't drop to the 2nd round typically. The guy is just too damned small. An OLB maybe, but, a DE in the NFL, oh hell no. He looks like an ant running into elephants going against the RTs.

We gave up too much for Brown. Most of us thought so, and we were right.

I agree with the other posters...the Brown move showed a sign is desperation and was a much worse move. To make that kind of move you need to be sure they will be an impact player.......maybe it is just two games and he will.....but it doesn't look that way and he simply looks to small to be in for most downs except for 3rd and obvious passing downs.

Brown: "Hey, I know this talented college Defensive End. He's only 5'10 but he's really fast. I think we should give away our 2010 1st round draft pick for him." The guy was MIA yesterday, got 'stoned' by the big guys, and is so far nothing more than a situational pass rusher. Not bad for NEXT YEAR'S 1st round draft pick.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/caroli...worth-****.html

2nd - Everette Brown - looks awful

3rd - Corey Irvin - sucked before he got hurt. project.

Maybin and Brown would have been good too.

You are preaching to the choir here.

Maybin, Wood and Levitre has done equally well...especially the later two....You cannot hit on every single draft pick....and if Bell works out, we really lucked out with our OL....Now to replace that RT spot...

I'm glad all this was brought back up. It needs to happen, if only for the sanity of most on this board to be proven once in a while.

No kidding. Who knows why the OP would speak in such absolute terms in the first place is beyond me. Brown makes one play in the pre-season and the Bills f'ed up? lol I'm glad he can eat his words.

No kidding. Who knows why the OP would speak in such absolute terms in the first place is beyond me. Brown makes one play in the pre-season and the Bills f'ed up? lol I'm glad he can eat his words.

So am I.

Give us another one so I can throw some money on the opposite. Say that the Bills will go 4-12 or something.

While we're digging up old threads, why don't pull this one up while you're at it.

post #6

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=95665

I'm with you, man. I know I predicted the Bills will be slaughtered by the Pats*, but as the game draws closer, I have this wierd feeling that the Bills will play better than expected. I still think we will lose, but it may not be by much.

Here are some of my reasons why I changed my tune.

1. The Bills O-Line didn't show anything in the pre-season. The guards rarely pulled, if they even pulled at all, and we all know they're athletic enough to do so and have done it (pulling) very well at the college level.

2. The Bills practiced the screen a lot in TC, but we hardly saw it in the exhibitions.

3. When Owens was healthy, Trent threw the ball down the field a lot in TC. During the games, nothing.

4. Schobel and Maybin will finally be on the field together at the same time. I believe our pass rush will make things uncomfortable for Brady all game long.

5. Our offense can't be THIS bad!

6. Like you said, the Pats* have no idea what's coming for them. New coordinator, and Owens on the field with Lee at the same time.

7. The Bills' receiving corps should have an edge over the Pats*' secondary.

8. We are LONG overdue!

LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!

Bet against me. I wasn't so off here, was I?

While we're digging up old threads, why don't pull this one up while you're at it.

post #6

No you weren't...but you just lost some of the style points you gained through your last post. You're supposed to take your lumps without qualification. :rolleyes:

Just kidding brother. Let's kick some Cajun ass!

Way to man up harami. You've just gained more credibility. Good job.

No you weren't...but you just lost some of the style points you gained through your last post. You're supposed to take your lumps without qualification. :rolleyes:

Just kidding brother. Let's kick some Cajun ass!

Thanks. We're all Bills fans here and would like nothing more than to see our Bills go all the way. I hope I'm wrong every single time I say something negative about the Bills.

post #6

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=95665

I'm with you, man. I know I predicted the Bills will be slaughtered by the Pats*, but as the game draws closer, I have this wierd feeling that the Bills will play better than expected. I still think we will lose, but it may not be by much.

Here are some of my reasons why I changed my tune.

1. The Bills O-Line didn't show anything in the pre-season. The guards rarely pulled, if they even pulled at all, and we all know they're athletic enough to do so and have done it (pulling) very well at the college level.

2. The Bills practiced the screen a lot in TC, but we hardly saw it in the exhibitions.

3. When Owens was healthy, Trent threw the ball down the field a lot in TC. During the games, nothing.

4. Schobel and Maybin will finally be on the field together at the same time. I believe our pass rush will make things uncomfortable for Brady all game long.

5. Our offense can't be THIS bad!

6. Like you said, the Pats* have no idea what's coming for them. New coordinator, and Owens on the field with Lee at the same time.

7. The Bills' receiving corps should have an edge over the Pats*' secondary.

8. We are LONG overdue!

LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!

Don't see a single mention of Everette Brown .........