Cowboys New Stadium

Marv Levy

there are still some things not completed (the star, wall of fame, Tom Landry statue, etc). Supposed to happen before the start of the season.

They can't afford paint?

lol a punt hit the scoreboard

That makes for good home field advantage. :thumbsup:

As far as the astroturf goes why couldn't they use the same thing Buffalo has? On a positive note if it's really bad it will, slightly, hurt their chances of signing FA's.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. An informative first post.

The turf looks very cheap, but I guess it is very advanced. I'll be interested to hear what players have to say about it. From the description I'm guessing it was chosen for the ease of rolling it up for special events and not for how it impacts the players.

Just an FYI. Your link is bad. I cut and pasted the URL and that's fine. But the link takes you back to The Stadium Wall.

As far as the astroturf goes why couldn't they use the same thing Buffalo has? On a positive note if it's really bad it will, slightly, hurt their chances of signing FA's.

If I remember correctly, the company Buffalo used went out of business. Just like the company they used for the heated seats in the Clubs. Note to company's, if you're going to provide a product for use in RWS, you'll probably go out of business soon.

Guest dog14787

I think it speaks volumes about the guy when the arrogant, dumb arss owner Jerry Jones declares, declares now, he will not move the Scoreboard regardless, who the F%$k does he think he is and I hope the league says "oh yea, move it". :thumbsup:

The Cardinals stadium took the moving field idea from two other stadiums. In Sapporo, Japan, their baseball stadium has that same feature and that was used the 2002 World Cup. I believe before that Vitesse in Dutch soccer opened their stadium, which also has that type of field.

You are correct. The Dutch came up with that idea.

Well in one respect, the new Cowboys Stadium is not state of the art.

In the University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona Cardinals) they wanted to be able to close the roof for air conditioning purposes. But they also wanted a natural grass field which ordinarily you cannot grow inside a stadium.

So they have a natural grass football field which rolls outside to get sun and then rolls back into the stadium for games.

Take that Jerry Jones.

LOL that's true.

BTW, anyone who's ever watched arena football knows that it's likely that a punt would hit an overhead scoreboard at least once per game. The NFL's never had this problem until now, because there were no suspended video boards until now.

And that video board (aka, "the Jerrytron") is the biggest HDTV ever built...that thing is amazing.

You are correct. The Dutch came up with that idea.

They came up with that idea as a result of the huge problems they had with the grass in the Amsterdam Arena (the former Amsterdam Admirals and AJAX (soccer) stadium. They were putting new grassmats in the arena almost every 4 weeks in the first 2 years. The arena ended up developing a new grass spieces that would be able the sustain the semi indoor/outdoor conditions of the stadium (the grass wasnt getting enough air and light to stay healthy). Vitesse opted to have a moving grassfield to avoid the issues.

The turf looked like garbage to me

That huge TV they have also seems to dominate everyone's POV. I would just stay home and watch the game on my HD Plasma instead of dropping $10,000 on a seat license + cost of tickets

there are still some things not completed (the star, wall of fame, Tom Landry statue, etc). Supposed to happen before the start of the season.

They better hurry. Saturday night is the last one until show time on 9/20. I attended the night practice on Thursday and still NO STAR!!!