Poz Killer

Another twist on the insane holdout of Maybin is how it shapes our defensive team leadership. If you look at our defense, there are four potential team leaders based on position, ability and personality. They are:

Stroud

Schoebel

Whitner

Poz

MS and AS are the strong silent types and not really potential team leaders. This leaves Poz and Whitner.

Before the draft, it is almost certain that Poz was asked his opinion of Maybin not only from an ability point of view, but also his worth as a teammate. His reviews must have been at least decent. He did not wave any red flags or the Bills would have passed on Maybin.

Given recent events, the Bills brass is almost certainly questioning Poz's ability to assess character. This is a critical part of leadership and there is no way Poz can be viewed well at this point.

This leaves Whitner as our defensive team leader for the forseeable future. Personally, I have no problem with this but I know some do. In a way I feel bad for Poz but he should have done his homework.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another twist on the insane holdout of Maybin is how it shapes our defensive team leadership. If you look at our defense, there are four potential team leaders based on position, ability and personality. They are:

Stroud

Schoebel

Whitner

Poz

MS and AS are the strong silent types and not really potential team leaders. This leaves Poz and Whitner.

Before the draft, it is almost certain that Poz was asked his opinion of Maybin not only from an ability point of view, but also his worth as a teammate. His reviews must have been at least decent. He did not wave any red flags or the Bills would have passed on Maybin.

Given recent events, the Bills brass is almost certainly questioning Poz's ability to assess character. This is a critical part of leadership and there is no way Poz can be viewed well at this point.

This leaves Whitner as our defensive team leader for the forseeable future. Personally, I have no problem with this but I know some do. In a way I feel bad for Poz but he should have done his homework.

This holdout by AM has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Poz.

Stroud

Schoebel

Whitner

Poz

yeah i agree with this all the way.

players should do scouting and recruiting for teams now. players should be held accountable when a draft pick holds out or is a bust.

the teams scouting department and gm have absolutely nothing to do with assessing character or picking the best players for their team.

that damn poz and his poor drafting decisions this year have doomed the bills.

give me a break..........

you people are taking a crayonz post seriously? Have you learned nothing?
Another successful thread by Crayonz! :rolleyes:

Come on, maybe one, possibly two posters seemed to take it almost seriously. That's not success, yet.

This post is so psycho/stupid, it really should be removed, but here I am...

Wanna place any blame on AM's agent and/or the Jerry Jones type owners of the sports world who pay players too much and breed this holdout insanity for agents to play with.

All players should grow their hair long in support of Poz.

yeah i agree with this all the way.

players should do scouting and recruiting for teams now. players should be held accountable when a draft pick holds out or is a bust.

the teams scouting department and gm have absolutely nothing to do with assessing character or picking the best players for their team.

that damn poz and his poor drafting decisions this year have doomed the bills.

give me a break..........

I get your sarcasm.

I am not saying Poz is a bad player, just that his leadership skills can be legitimately questioned.

Not only did he likely vouch for Maybin who has proven to be a ME ME ME guy, but he actually made a Youtube video talking him up. Some things are done privately. When you decide to go public you really go out on a limb. If Poz is easily duped by the like of Maybin, how will he get people to follow him on the field?

Don't get me wrong. Poz should still be our MLB, but any thoughts of him being a leader would be a mistake.

you people are taking a crayonz post seriously? Have you learned nothing?

He catches a fish, or two, every time.

Poz is a cancer.

That's the spirit of the thread!

This post is so psycho/stupid, it really should be removed, but here I am...

Wanna place any blame on AM's agent and/or the Jerry Jones type owners of the sports world who pay players too much and breed this holdout insanity for agents to play with.

All players should grow their hair long in support of Poz.

Don't get me wrong, all of the blame goes to Maybin, not Poz. It is just Poz's judgement which must be questioned.

Don't get me wrong, all of the blame goes to Maybin, not Poz. It is just Poz's judgement which must be questioned.

Poz must have also chosen Maybin's agent and Crabtree's agent, chosen the design for Chernobyl's reactor, created the 'tuck' rule, and advised the Bills to draft Mike Williams and J. P. Losman.

So bc we assume poz "vouched" for Maybin and he hasnt signed like a few others drafted ahead of him havent, Poz cant lead our defense?

Does this mean all those other teams are full of guys who cant lead bc they "vouched".

Are you really trying to say that the Bills drafted a guy in the first round based mostly on what one guy who played with him for a year said?? I mean it couldnt have anything to do with his on field ability? ?

So if Trent Edwards doesnt work out i think we should take Marv off the wall of fame. He probably vouched for him and certainly praised him.

Stroud

Schoebel

Whitner

Poz

Ya know, I've been thinking about it crayonz and if you do the math, the Bills will actually be better off losing against the Saints and the Bucs because it will improve their in-conference record at the end of the year. Thoughts?

So bc we assume poz "vouched" for Maybin and he hasnt signed like a few others drafted ahead of him havent, Poz cant lead our defense?

Does this mean all those other teams are full of guys who cant lead bc they "vouched".

Are you really trying to say that the Bills drafted a guy in the first round based mostly on what one guy who played with him for a year said?? I mean it couldnt have anything to do with his on field ability? ?

So if Trent Edwards doesnt work out i think we should take Marv off the wall of fame. He probably vouched for him and certainly praised him.

You know, the agent who is negotiating Maybin's contract, Chelsea Fields, is also from Penn State. This might be the great Penn State Vouching Conspiracy.

Too early to label Losman a bust IMO. Let him figure a few things out in the UFL and make his comeback before you go there.

Huh? :rolleyes:

I think you replied to the wrong post. (I agree though, waaaaay too early to tell if JP was a bust...)

I think Todd Collins got a raw deal as well, but I get crucified everytime I bring that up. :doh: