Eric Wood Is 4 Real

beastly23

If you were watching the preseason game vs the Bears u would know what im talking about. Eric Wood is the real deal. He put his man on the ground way more than once. I dont know how many times he was causing havoc but i was very surprised hes only a rookie. He will be a pro bowler one day! Ya i said it...pro bowl material in the making!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were watching the preseason game vs the Bears u would know what im talking about. Eric Wood is the real deal. He put his man on the ground way more than once. I dont know how many times he was causing havoc but i was very surprised hes only a rookie. He will be a pro bowler one day! Ya i said it...pro bowl material in the making!

Yes, he does show promise.

More than your syntax. Learn to spell ("you" versus "u"). This isn't your cell phone. You can complete words on this forum. It's okay....try it! The shift key is over by the left or right thumb. It makes letters get real big. It works very well when you type the "i" key, particularly when it relates to.....you know.....YOU. As in "I". See how that works? Apostrophes CAN be a problem. "hes" should perhaps have read "he's", but dropping that little dash in there DID indeed tire me out a little bit, so I can understand how you might have worn down by the end of the fourth sentence.

In any case, great post!

i didn't realize it was English class.

Read the headlines, yoon-yore. With all the bitching about people not being able to "spick Inglish", be grateful for what you have.

Every day is Engish class. Anybody on this board could be your next employer............

......or not.

Read the headlines, yoon-yore. With all the bitching about people not being able to "spick Inglish", be grateful for what you have.

Every day is Engish class. Anybody on this board could be your next employer............

......or not.

I think he meant to say "4 realz" :censored:

Since we're trying to improve the educational/career value of our site, I thought I would add the following from Wickipedia:

"Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America, the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term implies a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent. It is generally used for males only."

Dude, you can't even spell "Wikipedia" correctly.... :lol::nana::lol:

Since we're trying to improve the educational/career value of our site, I thought I would add the following from Wickipedia:

"Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America, the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term implies a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent. It is generally used for males only."

......or not.

You also don't have to be pretentious and arrogant about the matter, either. If it were between a person who speaks or types in slang that is nice versus someone who can master the English language but who is arrogant, I'd take the former EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This board is about football, not about English.

You also don't have to be pretentious and arrogant about the matter, either. If it were between a person who speaks or types in slang that is nice versus someone who can master the English language but who is arrogant, I'd take the former EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This board is about football, not about English.

Based on your registration date, I think you have been here long enough to know it is a bit of both.

Based on your registration date, I think you have been here long enough to know it is a bit of both.

Au contraire. If more people here had greater command of the English language, football conversations would be more illuminating.

And that's Lord Douchebag, thank you very much.

Au contraire. If more people here had greater command of the English language, football conversations would be more illuminating.

Well put, Milord!

The idea that ignoring basic grammar and usage is ever acceptable drives me up the wall. If someone does not respect his/her own opinions to make sure they are expressed clearly, why should I respect them?

How is that "contraire", Frenchy?

......or not.

Isn't an ellipsis 3 periods? With a space before and after the periods?

Just ignore these amateur English teachers. They have nothing better to and nothing at all to add. Great post on Wood!

I just got back from the best sunset ride on an antique boat out in the eastern basin of Lake Ontario. It felt like being 14 again. Except I could spell back then, too.

What did I miss?

To your point, Buster - oh, no, quite to the contrary. I try hard to add to each thread, and not to indulge in the usual "You suck/No, you suck" garbage that this place has become. In fairness, you're correct - I tend to point out grammatical inconsistencies and errors...and, you know, outright $)*%ups. I don't see a problem with that. Why not? No, not because I'm a dick. It's because we're contributing on a forum that relies on the written word, and allows for unlimited sentence structure.

It's NOT Twitter, so our communication can extend beyond 140 characters.

It's NOT video, so we don't all have to look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie.

It's NOT radio, so I don't have to listen to someone's squeaky, mildly feminine tenor.

It IS a forum based upon use of the keyboard, and the English language. Why, in God's name, would you have a problem with doing it right?

And, no, I'm not an amateur English teacher. I've slept with a few. But I'd fail "beastly23", and condemn it to fast-food servicing for the remainder of its days, or until it could pass the English Regents exam with the phone turned off.

To the point of the original Neanderthalic post, I'm thrilled with Eric Wood thus far. I didn't get to catch this weekend's game. Did he pancake anyone? That's the afternoon for which I'm living - so long as it's Wilfork.