STOCK UP / STOCK DOWN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To name people not already discussed

UP:

-Fitzpatrick - Feel semi-confident with him at backup.

-McKelvin - Its ok by me if he gets toasted every now and again if he keeps picking the ball off like he has been...

-Our Scouts & Front-Office - I feel we have a good crop of rookies this year, both early and deep in the draft. Wood & Levitre will make an instant impact, Harris looks promising, and Lankster looks like a dynamic playmaker in the secondary. In addition to the rookies, i give the FO and Juron credit for building such a strong and deep secondary. McGee and McKelvin are a great apir. Corner has been good and so has Lankster. Not to mention WHitner and another potential ballhawk in Byrd. I think the Secondary is very solid. I agree that it has come at a price to other positions (OL / DL), but at least they have delivered a result with the focus they have placed on the DB and S spots.

DOWN:

- Our Front Office - Sign Maybin already...we have a contender here and need him to be up to speed.

- Dick Juron's barber - DJ was looking a little light on top last night...might not need a barber at all in a few years...

- Steve Tasker & Ray Bentley in the booth - As players, good, as commentators, not so good.

DOWN:

- Dick Juron's barber - DJ was looking a little light on top last night...might not need a barber at all in a few years...

it might only take a few weeks if we get off to a rocky start.. game one alone should do half the follicular damage

Guest dog14787
UP:

Jonathan Stupar: Tough as nails, incredibly hard worker, opens up holes in the running game and makes the difficult catches over the middle. Kicked my ass in Halo 3 last week too :unsure:

Ellis Lankster: I think Mr. Lankster has figured this NFL game out. What impresses me is that we've been hearing about him consistently. I hate hearing positive reports about a player in the offseason...or in training camp...and then they never amount to anything when it comes time to showing up on the field. Fluff pieces are fine and dandy, but I need to see results. We've heard nothing but great things about his offseason and he's exploded during the preseason. Bodes well for his future.

Nic Harris: Not only is he a disruptive force on the field, but his energy is contagious. I watched him on the sidelines just jumping around, headbutting other players...call him Electro because the man is simply electricity. Lets hope he keeps up this high level of play and sends Ellison to the bench (or the unemployment line...God I hate Ellison and his high school frame).

DOWN

Ataefiok Etukeren: Granted, he had no shot at making the team anyways...but damn this guy was atrocious. Whiffed on the QB twice last night, and managed to trip over himself in the process. Will probably be the player we release when Maybin signs tomorrow.

John McCargo: Injured again last night...after an entire offseason of praise, he just can't seem to put it together on the field when it counts.

Derek Schouman: He starts again because...?

I like your Halo buddy allot,

Up, Fitz, Stupar, Nelson

Down, Hamdan, Schouman, Fine

The defense played so well against the Bears the stock of the whole D went up in my opinion, hard to find much fault except maybe needing a little more pass rush which Maybin should help provide.

I know the ends can't get pressure every play... but watching them last night... THERE WAS NO PRESSURE AT ALL!

Considering the $$$ contracts - I wish the Bills would realize that these guys aren't doing their jobs for that kind of money. Changes need to be made in the trenches on the D side of the ball.

It's preseason - let's play Chris Ellis a bit more... and MAYBIN WHEN HE SIGNS! :unsure:

I'm certainly not on the Kelsay bandwagon, but did you watch the game last night? There weren't a lot of sacks but there was consistant pressure. The INT by Mc lovin was caused by pressure from Kelsay. That being said I'm ready for an upgrade.

stock up:

Lankster - 2 picks

Harris - athletic playmaking

Copeland Bryant - good pressure, sack/fumble - maybe Kelsay or Denney should be concerned

Stock down:

Ko Simpson - doesn't seem to know how to cover people at an NFL level

Ashton Youboty - hasn't done anything, in last year of contract, position is crowded and he has trouble staying healthy

Bruce Hall - thought he'd outshine Omon for the 4 spot this year, only has a couple good plays (and against scrubs) and that's with a LOT of playing time

edit - I forgot Stupar. I'd put him over Bryant I guess. He seems like a rugged TE, catches everything, tough as hell. I think we keep 4 TE's this year cause this guy can really contribute.

I'm on board with this although Schouman needs to be on the down side as well.

Pick 3 players whose stock has risen after week 1 preseason, and pick 3 players whose stock decreased after week 1 preseason :unsure:

So we're going off the HOF game only?

j/k

I like what Ellis, Lankster & Stupar have done.

Haven't seen anything to change my opinion regarding Kelsay Denney or Ellison.

I know the ends can't get pressure every play... but watching them last night... THERE WAS NO PRESSURE AT ALL!

well, thats true for the starters sadly enough, but the backups dominated the Bears OLine...at least we have the makings of some good depth if nothing else...Those guys were constantly in their QBs face even if they didn't get sacks, they got a lot pressure which caused some bad throws...

stock up:

Copeland Bryant - good pressure, sack/fumble - maybe Kelsay or Denney should be concerned

I thought that Bryant sack/strip was freaking awesome...the dude used his off hand to dive back and swat the ball away after he passed by with his right arm...not something most guys would have even attempted starter or not...

Stock Up:

1) Stupar-A Buffalo TE that actually catches passes, what a concept.

2) Lankster-Thought he looked good before the Chicago game.

3) Jenkins-Could end up ahead of Stevie Johnson if Johnson keeps getting hurt

Stock Down:

1) Youboty-As Jimmie Johnson said "You can't make the club in the tub"

2) Florence-I thought he would have more of a presence.

3) Wendling-A safety who can only play special-teams. With the surplus of DB's/WR's who can play special teams he's expendable.

Stock Up:

1) Stupar-A Buffalo TE that actually catches passes, what a concept.

2) Lankster-Thought he looked good before the Chicago game.

3) Jenkins-Could end up ahead of Stevie Johnson if Johnson keeps getting hurt

Stock Down:

1) Youboty-As Jimmie Johnson said "You can't make the club in the tub"

2) Florence-I thought he would have more of a presence.

3) Wendling-A safety who can only play special-teams. With the surplus of DB's/WR's who can play special teams he's expendable.

How did Youboty's stock fall (if your basis is being unable to play) when he actually played, and did fairly well? His stock may not be high, but I can't see how it declined from the HOF game (when he did not play) to the last game (when he did).

UP: Nic Harris. love the way the guy plays.

DOWN: Ashton Youboty. Buh bye.

Again, if you are answering the OP's question, how did Youboty's stock drop from last game?

Down- Schobel, Kelsay, Denny, they look average to below average

up- Ellis, Copeland, Mace it's not that they are better but if you are going to have blah why pay premium coin for it.

Down - Hardy - Nelson looks like he can do everything we wanted Hardy to do- Parrish has return ability- Hardy needs to come back soon and have a great game.