If the Bills leave one day for another city

major

I really do think a lot of football fans would be bummed out if the Bills left. Not to the point of boycott or anything... But Buffalo is a decent piece of the heritage of the NFL. I have lived a few places outside of WNY and not a lot of people hate the Bills or the fans. A ton of people have crazy stories of attending a game at the Ralph and/or living with/working with a huge quirky Bills fan.

Someone said it above, but Bills home gamedays are some of the only really authentic NFL experiences left. From the tailgate, to the crowd noise, to the ordinary Joes in all classes of seating.

after the Monday night game against Cleveland, someone on ESPN page 2 wrote up a really complimentary article about the Bills fans/atmosphere. The same article tore apart the Pats' game day experience.

I believe we are viewed around the league's fans a lot more toward the Green Bay Packers than the Los Angeles Rams.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that actually answered that you would indeed eventually choose another team to root for if the Bills left Buffalo I'd be interested to know if you were born and raised in WNY? To me it's an absolute no brainer, the NFL would forever be dead to me and I cannot comprehend how anyone could follow another NFL franchise with the same passion should the Bills ever leave.

For those of you that actually answered that you would indeed eventually choose another team to root for if the Bills left Buffalo I'd be interested to know if you were born and raised in WNY? To me it's an absolute no brainer, the NFL would forever be dead to me and I cannot comprehend how anyone could follow another NFL franchise with the same passion should the Bills ever leave.

Born and raised in Niagara Falls. But the Steelers have always been my second team. My mother is from the Pittsburgh area, and I was attending Steeler games as a kid. I went to Pitt Stadium a couple of times during the battle of the Terrys (Bradshaw and Hanratty).

Now there is a HUGE gap between my love for the Bills, and my liking the Steelers, but they are my second favorite team.

I'm not sure why you assume someone from WNY can't have some positive feelings for other teams. As a kid, I liked the Cowboys because Landry ran a very interesting and entertaining offense. I also liked the Raiders a bit, especially when Stabler was the QB. I've gotten over both of those, though. The Browns were my 2nd favorite NFL team (when the Bills were AFL).

If you love NFL football, why not continue to watch the teams you like? I can tell you it wouldn't be like it is now, for me. I wouldn't make sure I watched every Steeler game, no matter what. I wouldn't hang out on a Steeler's message board.

I would despise whatever team the Bills became, I think. But I like NFL football. Sorry.

Born and raised in Niagara Falls. But the Steelers have always been my second team. My mother is from the Pittsburgh area, and I was attending Steeler games as a kid. I went to Pitt Stadium a couple of times during the battle of the Terrys (Bradshaw and Hanratty).

Now there is a HUGE gap between my love for the Bills, and my liking the Steelers, but they are my second favorite team.

I'm not sure why you assume someone from WNY can't have some positive feelings for other teams. As a kid, I liked the Cowboys because Landry ran a very interesting and entertaining offense. I also liked the Raiders a bit, especially when Stabler was the QB. I've gotten over both of those, though. The Browns were my 2nd favorite NFL team (when the Bills were AFL).

If you love NFL football, why not continue to watch the teams you like? I can tell you it wouldn't be like it is now, for me. I wouldn't make sure I watched every Steeler game, no matter what. I wouldn't hang out on a Steeler's message board.

I would despise whatever team the Bills became, I think. But I like NFL football. Sorry.

I hate all the other teams in the NFL, only to different degrees. NFL football as a whole has gradually lost me over the last decade or so, the only thing that has kept me as a passionate fan of the game is the Bills in Buffalo. Tim Russert would be rolling over in his grave with those of you that would be so quick to hop on another bandwagon should the unthinkable ever happen.

I'm a native WNYer but like I posted before, I'd go for the Steelers because of their history and passionate fan base. Not to mention the fact they're from a similar city and play outdoors. Let's hope the day never comes though.

I hate all the other teams in the NFL, only to different degrees. NFL football as a whole has gradually lost me over the last decade or so, the only thing that has kept me as a passionate fan of the game is the Bills in Buffalo. Tim Russert would be rolling over in his grave with those of you that would be so quick to hop on another bandwagon should the unthinkable ever happen.

"Hop on another bandwagon"? I have never been a bandwagon fan, and wouldn't start if the Bills left.

Your approach to fandom seems a tad immature to me.

"Hop on another bandwagon"? I have never been a bandwagon fan, and wouldn't start if the Bills left.

No..... the pollution from living in Niagara Falls has affected your thinking

is there some kind of unwritten rule on this board that a month can't pass without someone bringing up the possibility of a move?

why not just pin one thread and have it run 103 pages and have everyone repeat their arguments over and over again. come to think of it, i think i wrote something fairly similar the last time it was brought up.

hey, what's everyone think of Flutie-Johnson? or is everyone over that one.

cripes.

jw

is there some kind of unwritten rule on this board that a month can't pass without someone bringing up the possibility of a move?

why not just pin one thread and have it run 103 pages and have everyone repeat their arguments over and over again. come to think of it, i think i wrote something fairly similar the last time it was brought up.

hey, what's everyone think of Flutie-Johnson? or is everyone over that one.

cripes.

jw

You know damn well they aren't over it. Now you just gave some whack-job an excuse to start another Flutie should be on The Wall of Fame thread. Not that they need an excuse.

You do realize that is exactly what you would be doing by rooting for the Steelers should this ever come to pass, right?

Call it what you want, but I think of Buffalo Bills fandom more like college sports fandom. Inextricably linked in most cases by birth region (alma mater). You may call it immature, I call it being a true fan.

You do realize that is exactly what you would be doing by rooting for the Steelers should this ever come to pass, right?

No, as I said, I have been a Steeler fan for most of my life. And I would be a fan even if they stunk. So, no bandwagon effect for me.

I suspect many Bills fans have secondary teams they root for (except for when they are playing the Bills), even when those teams are bad. So if they continue to root for those teams, how is that jumping on a bandwagon?

If the Bills leave Buffalo one day (which I hope NEVER happens), which NFL team will you support? Would you follow them to another NFL city or give your allegiance to anohter team? If so, which one?

I feel that most will give up on the NFL all together if the Bills leave BLO; however, I wonder what will happen to the rest of Bills nation.

I remember the pain that Browns fans felt when their teams left. I hope we don't have to go through that in a few years.

Do you go around asking your wife or girlfriend who she will date if you walk outside today and get run over by a bus?

Why ask the question if you don't want to know the answer...

No, as I said, I have been a Steeler fan for most of my life. And I would be a fan even if they stunk. So, no bandwagon effect for me.

I suspect many Bills fans have secondary teams they root for (except for when they are playing the Bills), even when those teams are bad. So if they continue to root for those teams, how is that jumping on a bandwagon?

I see most Bills fans only rooting for another team when it stands to help the Bills. I honestly don't think many Bills fans have a "second favorite team" that they root for on a weekly basis. I could be wrong, but I don't see it that way.