Pittsburgh offensive line

nero47

Watching game last night, i heard the commentator make an interesting statement about their offensive line last year. He said that it was their first year working together, against the toughest schedule in the NFL. Oh, if we only had their defense this year, what a wonderful year it could be, given the skilled personnel we have.

I now humbly await the usual commentary.

id do almost anything to have Dick Labaeu back with the Bills....

Off topic, but I can't believe that guy is over 70 years old. He looks so young. I asked someone last night who doesn't know anything about football to guess how old the guy on the screen was, she said 40 to 45.

If there was anything that could get Dick LeBeau out of Pittsburgh and back into Buffalo it needs to be done. The guy is an innovator and worked wonders with our defense during his short stint in Buffalo. I would even go as far as giving him the opportunity to be HC again if that would do the trick.

Last night's Steeler offensive line was centered by Doug Legursky..

Second year player from Marshall and he went to HS here in S WV with my daughters.

Steeler's o-line has been shaken up with injuries in the early pre-season training.

Hence, Doug got to play

Watching game last night, i heard the commentator make an interesting statement about their offensive line last year. He said that it was their first year working together, against the toughest schedule in the NFL. Oh, if we only had their defense this year, what a wonderful year it could be, given the skilled personnel we have.

I now humbly await the usual commentary.

Their o-line was pretty bad last year too. Ben R. makes them a lot better.

It was a combination of things that made it look even worse:

1. Injuries to their RB corps made them a pass happy team

2. Roethlisberger is a guy who works hard to keep plays alive, which means he has the tendency to hold onto the ball way longer than most O linemen would like; not good for pass protection schemes

3. Injuries and inconsistent play forced them to shuffle their lineup a bit (Darnell Stapleton, Max Starks, Willie Colon, and Kendall Simmons all were moved into/out of the lineup)

It was a perfect storm of crap for 'em.

They could still run the ball on anyone though. Bottom line is that the Bills should model their franchise after the Steelers. Similar blue collar town, similar fans, similar weather. The Steelers show us how to do it in those elements, but we cant even reverse engineer it into a winning football team.

...Roethlisberger is overrated, still sucks and the Steelers are just a lucky team.

:blink: I knew you had to have a point!

Thoner7--FYI, we got on the Steelers program last year. That's where Ralph got this whole continuity idea (Jauron). Unfortunately Jauron isn't Chuck Noll, or Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin. And as has been noted Dick Labaeu is a genius.

Absolutely.

He has a decent arm, but better yet, superb instincts. He ducks out at the hint of heat coming his way, motors about and has WRs with heads on a swivel trained by the PGH staff to cut off their patterns and come back to make a catch for positive yardage.

Had to be that cigarette smoking man from the grassy knoll. Just had to be.

Was Kimo there?

"Just give it to 'em" never happened.

The "Music City Miracle" never happened.

The worker who swept the snow away for a NE FG never happened.

The "Immaculate Reception" was legit and the ball wasn't touched and dead.

There was no skate in the crease when the Dallas Stars eliminated the Sabres and was awarded the Cup. IIRC, the Big Cheese didn't want to spoil the moment, or some such.

Pucks going through the netting count.

Palming, charging, and traveling didn't matter if your name was Michael Jordan.

ben is a very good scrambler, and when he scrambles and throws he has over a 100 rating. I ll try and find the stat, but ben is very good at making something out of nothing