Louise Slaughter

I've been seeing her reaction to the Health Care Town Hall Debates n the local news and on local radio . . . I think that her opinion of the protesters and her attitude on safety are a bit over the top.

WGRZ Report

What do you think about what she's saying. Do you think she's genuine in that she's concerned for her own and any attendee's safety? Or is she gloming on to this in order to avoid having a public forum?

I've been seeing her reaction to the Health Care Town Hall Debates n the local news and on local radio . . . I think that her opinion of the protesters and her attitude on safety are a bit over the top.

WGRZ Report

What do you think about what she's saying. Do you think she's genuine in that she's concerned for her own and any attendee's safety? Or is she gloming on to this in order to avoid having a public forum?

Having known of her for a number of years and seen her in action I don't have much tolerance for anything she does. She probably doesn't have the temprement to deal with aggressive folks. She has a bad temper herself and can be a loose canon when exposed. It would be entertaining but probably not in her political interest to have a public forum.

Slaughter is a tough old goose. I really don't think that her concerns are overstated.....most people will not be coming for information but with their minds made up. Seems sensible to use another medium. If I was advising any congressman there is no way I would let them hold a forum in the town hall format that has been going on.

Louise doesn't mind a spirited debate but when faced with aggressive people who don't want to discuss but to disrupt...look out. As a little kid I was in awe of her when she was a homemaker and she's a lot steelier now.

My Congressional district is kind of big, and others in this area had overflow problems with their venues, so my Congressman opted for a telephone conference. There was a chance to listen, and to speak, and if people started screaming abuse or whatnot the conference operator could disconnect them. So one could actually accomplish the goal which was to learn and express opinions.

Louise doesn't mind a spirited debate but when faced with aggressive people who don't want to discuss but to disrupt...look out. As a little kid I was in awe of her when she was a homemaker and she's a lot steelier now.

My Congressional district is kind of big, and others in this area had overflow problems with their venues, so my Congressman opted for a telephone conference. There was a chance to listen, and to speak, and if people started screaming abuse or whatnot the conference operator could disconnect them. So one could actually accomplish the goal which was to learn and express opinions.

:blink::P:huh::lol: :lol:

What a freaking wuss argument. You liberals have become a running joke and the sad thing is that you don't even know it.

And to censor opinion. Super!

:blink:

if you can explain how "BLEEP YOU" contributes to these discussions, I'll agree with you.

"Bleep you" probably comes from the constituent who has received the answer "I'm voting for this bill no matter what you plebes say" from his or her "representative."

"Bleep you" probably comes from the constituent who has received the answer "I'm voting for this bill no matter what you plebes say" from his or her "representative."

Maybe that will work as well for her as SF Mayor Gavin Newsome's "whether you like it or not......" line help the prop 8 gay marriage thing.

Feel free to vote different representatives into office if you don't agree with the policies of the incumbents.

Yeah right, try that in SF. :rolleyes:

My second favorite line from 2000-2008 was 'If you don't like it move to Canada!'.

(my first being the general sentiment 'Agree with the elected body or you are unpatriotic.')

Not that support or ever supported either statement. I imagine that it would suck to be a Republican in SF or NYS, among other places - kind of like being a Bills fan.