Jump on the "mandate" bandwagon....

Buftex

Just as you righties claim that Michael Moore, and other activists helped to deliver his "mandate", I predict idiots like this will help things swing back to the left in 2008.....enjoy. Righties, have a box of tissues handy:

Falwell Plans for 'Evangelical Revolution'

By HANK KURZ Jr.

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. - Seeking to take advantage of the momentum from an election where moral values proved important to voters, the Rev. Jerry Falwell announced Tuesday he has formed a new coalition to guide an "evangelical revolution."

copyright violation - provide link

Edited by KRC

Just as you righties claim that Michael Moore, and other activists helped to deliver his "mandate", I predict idiots like this will help things swing back to the left in 2008.....enjoy.  Righties, have a box of tissues handy:

Falwell Plans for 'Evangelical Revolution'

By HANK KURZ Jr.

Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. - Seeking to take advantage of the momentum from an election where moral values proved important to voters, the Rev. Jerry Falwell announced Tuesday he has formed a new coalition to guide an "evangelical revolution."

110812[/snapback]

Falwell and Moore are simply opposite sides of the same coin of idiocy. Using one's arrant stupidity to somehow try to justify the other's is an act of lunacy.

Don't you know? The wacko Christian right, when unified, has a way of scaring people to the polls... 2004 was a stealth mission, people won't be fooled again...

110849[/snapback]

Stealth mission? Answer me why the White House will have been occupied by a Republican 20 out of the last 28 years once Bush's second term is up? Fool me once shame on me, fool me 20 out of 28 shame on...... :rolleyes:

Falwell and Moore are simply opposite sides of the same coin of idiocy.  Using one's arrant stupidity to somehow try to justify the other's is an act of lunacy.

110863[/snapback]

I think that is what I was trying to say. Just since the "mandate" has come down, the Christian loonies (not all Christians) that Bush appealed to secure his second term, are coming out of the woodwork, claiming that they now represent all of the "red" states. Karl Rove is promising that Bush will push for his constitutional ammendment defining marriage, some PTA in Dallas has decided that now, all text books should refer to marriage between a man and a woman (not a union between two people), textbooks should only refer to abstinence when referring to safe sex, activist doctors' are advising women (despite medical research to the contrary) that abortion increases their chance of getting cancer, and now Falwell is gearing up to lobby for activist judges in the Supreme Court.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Stealth mission?  Answer me why the White House will have been occupied by a Republican 20 out of the last 28 years once Bush's second term is up?  Fool me once shame on me, fool me 20 out of 28 shame on...... :rolleyes:

110865[/snapback]

White House since 1900:

1900-1933 Republican domination (4 Wilson)

1933-1968 Democratic domination (8 Eisenhower)

1968-2008?! Republican domination (4 Carter, 8 Clinton)

These things go in cycles... no one is going to put up with this right-wing administration for too long before it swings back the other way. Falwell is just showing how it goes... his over-the-top hypocrisy gets really old, and with the voters, his type of governing gets replaced if you wait a while.

Now it is just a waiting game. Let's hope the country doesn't get screwed up too badly before it swings back :doh:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I think the loonies are the dems who can't face that they lost again.

110872[/snapback]

If you deny that loonies exist in conservative, right-wing extremists like Falwell, then you prove yourself to be just a 'hot pocket' as your associates so eloquently call others, right?

I think that is what I was trying to say.  Just since the "mandate" has come down, the Christian loonies (not all Christians) that Bush appealed to secure his second term, are coming out of the woodwork, claiming that they now represent all of the "red" states.  Karl Rove is promising that Bush will push for his constitutional ammendment defining marriage, some PTA in Dallas has decided that now, all text books should refer to marriage between a man and a woman (not a union between two people), textbooks should only refer to abstinence when referring to safe sex, activist doctors' are advising women (despite medical research to the contrary) that abortion increases their chance of getting cancer, and now Falwell is gearing up to lobby for activist judges in the Supreme Court.

110867[/snapback]

As opposed to what other kind of marriage?