The O-line looked like a broken screen door ...

OK, so I know we had two rooks at guard, and I know there wasn't one guy as a starter playing the same position he played last year. And I know Butler was out. But that Levitre play was a first for me. I've never actually seen an opposing pass rusher pick a guy up and beat our quarterback with him.

On the plus side, Wood was conspicuous by his quiet excellence and we didn't hear his name. So that's good.

But Collinsworth said it best .... "Their offensive line is NOT ready."

I've never actually seen an opposing pass rusher pick a guy up and beat our quarterback with him.

"You're completely right. We've never seen anything happen like that either... What a disgraceful performance!"

Regards,

Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston

WAR The Quad Yeah!!

Two. Marks and VanDen Bosch both had a sack.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?gam...9&week=PRE0

Check the game stats at nfl.com.

Collinsworth was right when he said they were not ready, but hey, this is just Hall of Fame week. Let's just hope they get ready.

I don't remember seeing Edwards, Fitz, or Hamdam take a sack...did Baker get sacked?

I don't remember seeing Edwards, Fitz, or Hamdam take a sack...did Baker get sacked?

One of Fitz's scrambles was ruled a "Sack" as he went out of bounds before the line of scrimage. I guess you can hang that one on our revolving door oline as well though. Come on guys give these kids a chance it already looks better than the mess we had last year. At leat as the game went on the inside run game improved. The kids just need to get used to the speed of the game it takes a little while.

One of Fitz's scrambles was ruled a "Sack" as he went out of bounds before the line of scrimage. I guess you can hang that one on our revolving door oline as well though. Come on guys give these kids a chance it already looks better than the mess we had last year. At leat as the game went on the inside run game improved. The kids just need to get used to the speed of the game it takes a little while.

exactly. they gave up nothign to the first stringers who were amped up and wanted blood. they didn't play that well overall, but they did OK. zona's line never played more than OK for 3 quarters in a game last year and they moved the ball pretty well. one thing i did like was the screen plays we ran. those will be key against 34 Ds. lynch is only gonna miss one game against a 34 D (and NE at that :<) so between him and evans over the top TO all over i think our passing stats will be up a bunch, not in small part due to our more mobile and smarter line.

How many sacks did we allow?

Zero.

WTF?

You can't be serious? Just because the QBs weren't faceplanted, doesn't mean that the OL wasn't awfully underwhelming as a group. Part of the reason for no sacks is that the pass patterns were mostly quick drop-backs and the DLs were still in the QBs' faces.

Yes, it was the first game of preseason, and no position had a holdover from last year and a lot of work needs to be done. But let's not kid ourselves, the OL play as a whole was putrid.

OK, so I know we had two rooks at guard, and I know there wasn't one guy as a starter playing the same position he played last year. And I know Butler was out. But that Levitre play was a first for me. I've never actually seen an opposing pass rusher pick a guy up and beat our quarterback with him.

On the plus side, Wood was conspicuous by his quiet excellence and we didn't hear his name. So that's good.

1.) collinsworth is a worthless announcer

2.) if you haven't seen that before, you may need to watch more football (NFL or college)

3.) what you would have saw in the past from the bills (reyes, fowler etc.) is them simply get turned around and let the guy walk on through avoiding a holding penalty. INstead, what you saw was a rookie standing his ground iwht horrible leverage getting blown up by a veteran all be it 2nd string DT. Obviously NOT a good play. but the kid didn't give up and he knew he was gonna look bad on film. Reyes or fowler or Dockery would act like a turn stile because its easier for them when they get beat to say he had a good first step, instead of acknowledging they effed up.

What groundbreaking news....the O-line didn't look good with 2 rookies in week one of five preseason games.

This is a topic for week 5 of the preseason.