The Bills have been actively "sniffing around for quarterbacks

BILLS #1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Gus. Griese not so much. What about Anthony Wright? He's out there too.

I'm not saying bring him in, but I always thought Vick was a decent passer. Not great, but not nearly as bad as many on her say.

Again the Vick choice is one of upside versus downside.

Upside- 3 years ago he was clearly one of the best athletes in the game and was quite capable of doing things on the field few or no others could do.

He is quite entertaining to some

Downsides- That was three years ago and it is quite difficult or impossible to say without signing him or at leasr bringing him in for a serious look what impact age and disruption of investigation. trial, and prison had on his play.

If a team signs him they will be met with some mix of indictment and support. The bad thing is you definitely get this controversy and MAYBE you get the upside of good play IF he has something left AND you figure out how to use him well.

He is negative entertaining to others

The bottom line is that a gets a definite negative for signing him and a potential (but far from certain) positive if he produces.

I do not see Ralph doing this

I'd take Gus. Griese not so much. What about Anthony Wright? He's out there too.

I'm not saying bring him in, but I always thought Vick was a decent passer. Not great, but not nearly as bad as many on her say.

I might have agreed with you two or three years ago, but both guys are pretty washed up at this point....that said, I would take Griese...while both are very capable of shitting the bed, Griese still has his moments...Gus just got worse and worse as the year went on...

Head assitant in charge of everything.. Tony Dungy!
No thanks, I'll take Tony Dungy ONLY if he comes with Bill Polian, the guy who drafted Payton Manning over Ryan Leaf and drafted all the superstars the Colts have had over the last 10 years.

The guy (Dungy) was famous for the Tampa two defense, you know the one that Monte Kiffin invented,the ex DC of the Buc's. In its day and with great players the Tampa two was very effective. Currently, most all NFL team have moved away from it because of the glaring weakness in stopping the run, cept for tricky dick and da Bills.

"Trent Edwards played poorly in Buffalo's exhibition opener, but we'll guess that this mostly has to do with noodle-armed backup Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Edwards goes down (likely, considering his history), the Bills' offense would almost certainly fall apart. La Canfora suggests Mike Vick as an option."

Very interesting... guess they dont have 2 much trust in FITZ, dont blame them...

Link

Trent played poorly in who's opinion? In the limited time he was in there, that classified his play as poor?

There's 5 absolutely worthless preseason games against vanilla defenses to decide if he played poorly or not.

Since we are bouncing things around would you guys take Charlie Frye?

I've seen flashes of him with Cleveland and Seattle. I'm not saying go get him, but if he were out there, I'd grab him.

Also, I know you guys are going to hate this , but if Kitna got let go I'd take him.

Hey, beggers can't be choosers.

I'd rather play Fitzpatrick or Hamdan than the heaping pile of old steaming dog schit that serves as the elderly free agent quarterback class.

Fitz HAS to be better than Gus or Griese, and if he isn't, don't even bother. You might as well play Hamdan or some young guy.

Myself and a few others, who have been jumped on continously for saying so, have been stating how bad the Bill's QB depth is for months. Having watched the HOF game, it is even more clear how terrible Noodle Arm Fitz is, and Hamden is a nice #3 maybe, but nothing more. That will turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes for this young talented team is not addressing the QB depth more than giving Fitz all that money and signing him minutes into free agency.

Myself and a few others, who have been jumped on continously for saying so, have been stating how bad the Bill's QB depth is for months. Having watched the HOF game, it is even more clear how terrible Noodle Arm Fitz is, and Hamden is a nice #3 maybe, but nothing more. That will turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes for this young talented team is not addressing the QB depth more than giving Fitz all that money and signing him minutes into free agency.

Who? Who? Who of the Bills FO pushed to sign Fitz? That (those)person(s) should be summarily fired. Personally think dimbulb DJ had a big hand in it.

I've seen flashes of him with Cleveland and Seattle. I'm not saying go get him, but if he were out there, I'd grab him.

Also, I know you guys are going to hate this , but if Kitna got let go I'd take him.

Hey, beggers can't be choosers.

Frye sure looked on the rise for a while at CLE. Anderson came along at the end of the '06 season, and Frey was put in the doghouse. Anderson was hot in '07, then fell apart at the end.

Then came Quinn to stir up the pot. Edwards, Winslow, those staph infections... that club has some troubles.

Can the dude throw downfield? I have never seen him throw more 10 yard passes.

Yes, very strong arm even. Used to rip teams apart with up to 60 yard passes in NFL Europe, had a 40 yarder in training 2 days ago. He can throw.

Who? Who? Who of the Bills FO pushed to sign Fitz? That (those)person(s) should be summarily fired. Personally think dimbulb DJ had a big hand in it.

There was a debate on this board at the end of last season about who the Bills should sign at the QB position. Many, myself included wanted them to sign someone with the ability to compete with Trent. The majority of Trent's fans wanted them to sign someone EXACTLY like Fitz, that was not good enough to compete with Trent.

Please NO. I saw him plenty with Seattle last year in pre season and in the regular season when both Matt Hasselback and Sencea Wallace were hurt. Trust me, you don't want to go there.

nfl.com sez he's on "the Raidahs" roster. Last year he had 2 TDs 2Ints and a 53.4 QB rating 12/23 for 83 yards in 2 games. Don't know if he can throw it downfield, but last year obviously he did not.

Qb situation is just fine. Fitzpatrick has the least experience in the system and will fine given time. Hamden looked good Sunday. I'm more worried about the TE, Tackle, DE, positions than QB.

Vick is marginal starter in my opinion. He would be a great fit for the Dolphins wildcat set or the Raiders. The guy has no respect for the game or the fans, has a thug mentality.

Again the Vick choice is one of upside versus downside.

Upside- 3 years ago he was clearly one of the best athletes in the game and was quite capable of doing things on the field few or no others could do.

He is quite entertaining to some

Downsides- That was three years ago and it is quite difficult or impossible to say without signing him or at leasr bringing him in for a serious look what impact age and disruption of investigation. trial, and prison had on his play.

If a team signs him they will be met with some mix of indictment and support. The bad thing is you definitely get this controversy and MAYBE you get the upside of good play IF he has something left AND you figure out how to use him well.

He is negative entertaining to others

The bottom line is that a gets a definite negative for signing him and a potential (but far from certain) positive if he produces.

I do not see Ralph doing this

cash is already collected for the season tickets --

what's the risk

Ralph knows that 2 days after Vick signs, the lemmings will be defending Vick and pushing to make dog-fighting an Olympic event

Forget he can't throw for a second. Fitzpatrick may be the slowest QB that I have ever seen. Slower than Bledsoe even. I was shocked at how immobile and just downright slow he is. Full speed he looked like he was in super-slo motion. Makes sense they would be looking for a backup....in August.