most hated Cliché?

Because I'm your father used to really piss me off but now I've come around to using it from time to time irregardless of the possible hypocrisy of the situation because there are times when you have to understand that it is what it is at the end of the day.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people feel the need to tell you "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

Main Entry: in·san·i·ty

Pronunciation: \in-ˈsa-nə-tē\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural in·san·i·ties

Date: 1590

1 : a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)

2 : such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility

3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

When people feel the need to tell you "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

Main Entry: in·san·i·ty

Pronunciation: \in-ˈsa-nə-tē\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural in·san·i·ties

Date: 1590

1 : a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)

2 : such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility

3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

They're actually quoting a famous Albert Einstein line when they say that, although I'm sure at least half don't know it.