Bills and HOF

youngunz

I would love to see almost every player from the SB era go in to the hall, but it wont happen

Tasker - Should be a no brainer, he redefined the role of special teams and was a pro bowler. But lack of overall time on the field may hurt him

Reed - Along with Jerry Rcie help define YAC. His numbers continue to fall on the list as the game transitions to a pass happy offense

Talley - Bruce said it best "he sacrificed his numbers for the better of the team". We the Bills fans know how he got screwed for pro bowls and he will get screwed for the Hall. BUT if Harry Carson can make it Daryl should too.

Hull - One of the best lineman over the years. But I dont see it

Richter, Ballard, Woolford, Brown, Fina, etc. - No chance

Hansen, Seals, Wright, Paup, Conlon, Bennett, Jones, Odoms, Williams, Smith, Kelso, Smith - No Chance

If TO finishes his career as a Bill...do we celebrate him in the hall as a Buffalo Bill?

I would love to see almost every player from the SB era go in to the hall, but it wont happen

Tasker - Should be a no brainer, he redefined the role of special teams and was a pro bowler. But lack of overall time on the field may hurt him

Reed - Along with Jerry Rcie help define YAC. His numbers continue to fall on the list as the game transitions to a pass happy offense

Talley - Bruce said it best "he sacrificed his numbers for the better of the team". We the Bills fans know how he got screwed for pro bowls and he will get screwed for the Hall. BUT if Harry Carson can make it Daryl should too.

Hull - One of the best lineman over the years. But I dont see it

Richter, Ballard, Woolford, Brown, Fina, etc. - No chance

Hansen, Seals, Wright, Paup, Conlon, Bennett, Jones, Odoms, Williams, Smith, Kelso, Smith - No Chance

If TO finishes his career as a Bill...do we celebrate him in the hall as a Buffalo Bill?

I had this conversation with Bagel a couple of weeks ago.

No chance for Ruben Brown? 4 time all-pro and nine time pro bowler in 13 season. I'm not saying he's a lock and I am not even saying that he gets in, but I'd probably ease off that "no chance" tag.

I maintain that Cornelius Bennett was a better player than Talley ... maybe not a better person or teammate, definitely not a better leader, but a better linebacker. He was a much better pass rusher, yet also sacrificed his personal stats to cover tight ends and could cover just about any of them. He also made the Pro Bowl playing inside linebacker one season when he moved in due to injury, something Talley never could have done.

I love Talley and perhaps he was more valuable to that team because of how he pushed Bruce if for no other reason. But Bennett deserves more credit than he ever gets because Talley is so lovable and everyone thinks he never got his due. He gets his due all the time now, and Biscuit is forgotten.

I had this conversation with Bagel a couple of weeks ago.

No chance for Ruben Brown? 4 time all-pro and nine time pro bowler in 13 season. I'm not saying he's a lock and I am not even saying that he gets in, but I'd probably ease off that "no chance" tag.

He quit on the Bills in 2003, and quitters don't belong in the HOF. :rolleyes: Ruben.

Realistically, I think Ruben Brown or Reed will be next.

The sad part is that after either of those two, there will be a long period where we are not going to see any Bills in the Hall...The last 15 years has not produced a single HoF caliber player for the Bills except for Brown.

Reed, but it'll be 2-3 years before he makes it.

Each bust now lists which teams and years the person played/coached/owned. So yes, he would be going in as a Bill, and a 49er, a Cowboy and Eagle.