The White House needs your help ...

damj

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Morons can't run a 'Cash-for-Clunkers' program, but they think they can nationalize health care??? :rolleyes:

Please explain how CFC is messed up? They set aside $1B for cars. 250K sold in a couple of days. Sounds like it worked fine to me. Now they asked for more money to extend it. If anything it worked too well.

As for "nationalized" health care, we already have Medicare. I doubt many seniors would give that up. You have the VA. Aside from the horror stores at Walter Reed I doubt many veterans would give it up either. So why can't the governement insure people? What you really are saying is the health care industry is scared sh*tless their gravy train is about to derail.

PTR

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'" George Orwell, 1984

The JFK Assassination and 9/11 come to mind

Why so cranky? Did you wake up on the wrong side of your Obama man-shaped-pillow?

probably would have slept better on your Rush Limbaugh shaped mattress...softer and full of hot air! :rolleyes:

People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out.

Please explain how CFC is messed up? They set aside $1B for cars. 250K sold in a couple of days. Sounds like it worked fine to me. Now they asked for more money to extend it. If anything it worked too well.

As for "nationalized" health care, we already have Medicare. I doubt many seniors would give that up. You have the VA. Aside from the horror stores at Walter Reed I doubt many veterans would give it up either. So why can't the governement insure people? What you really are saying is the health care industry is scared sh*tless their gravy train is about to derail.

PTR

I'm more concerned with our government asking us to narc on each other if you don't toe the line on the administrations health care policy ... that is fuggin' scary!

PTR

I support the CFC for the record. However, 4 of the top 5 vehicle models that were sold were Japanese cars according to the transportation department. So in essence, CFC was just as stimulative for the Japanese auto market as it was ours. I would say they were the biggest winners out of this deal. The $3 B doesn't add to their national deficit and they got free money from the US government.

don't we have plants over here making some of these cars? or at least manufacturers of parts etc.....aren't the dealerships getting money that stays here in the US? this is benefitting alot of people....

I support the CFC for the record. However, 4 of the top 5 vehicle models that were sold were Japanese cars according to the transportation department. So in essence, CFC was just as stimulative for the Japanese auto market as it was ours. I would say they were the biggest winners out of this deal. The $3 B doesn't add to their national deficit and they got free money from the US government.

don't we have plants over here making some of these cars? or at least manufacturers of parts etc.....aren't the dealerships getting money that stays here in the US? this is benefitting alot of people....

yup, that's why I support it. However, there is nothing in my statement that is factually incorrect.

I know you didn't do it Pooj but this is an example af a perfectly good thread being hijacked yet again.

yup, that's why I support it. However, there is nothing in my statement that is factually incorrect.

Ok ... how long until we see a post on Whitehouse.gov asking us to forward "fishy" e-mails/posts to flag@whitehouse.gov regarding CFC?!?

damn it, now you just hijacked the hijackers.

:rolleyes:

“Every generation needs a new revolution.”

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.”

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither”

“Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government.”

Thomas Jefferson quotes (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. 1762-1826)

Co-worker mentioned yesterday that the Clunkers web site makes mention that the government is scanning the connection while on that site. I have not confirmed this, nor do I intend to.

I got an email from a co-worker about this, and essentially when the dealers log into Cars.gov to submit cars for rebate, there was a notice of terms and conditions which basically said "When you log in, your computer becomes property of the US Government, and everything about your computer belongs to us, and can be 'intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed.' " According to Snopes, it only affected dealer's computers, not consumers, and the wording has since been changed. So yes...the government is taking control of the dealer's computers, but not consumers'.

Snopes link here.