The White House needs your help ...

damj

I got an email from a co-worker about this, and essentially when the dealers log into Cars.gov to submit cars for rebate, there was a notice of terms and conditions which basically said "When you log in, your computer becomes property of the US Government, and everything about your computer belongs to us, and can be 'intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed.' " According to Snopes, it only affected dealer's computers, not consumers, and the wording has since been changed. So yes...the government is taking control of the dealer's computers, but not consumers'.

Snopes link here.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love your knee jerk reaction to associate somebody to Rush Limbaugh.

Find me a post where I've stated that I listen to him...

Typical liberal modus operandi ... "If you're not with us, you're with Rush" ...

... not to say that you're a liberal tennesseeboy ... just making a general point

I got an email from a co-worker about this, and essentially when the dealers log into Cars.gov to submit cars for rebate, there was a notice of terms and conditions which basically said "When you log in, your computer becomes property of the US Government, and everything about your computer belongs to us, and can be 'intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed.' " According to Snopes, it only affected dealer's computers, not consumers, and the wording has since been changed. So yes...the government is taking control of the dealer's computers, but not consumers'.

Snopes link here.

Thanks for that. This is precisely why the email the fishy stuff to whitehouse.gov site we're discussing was set up. Because this crap is brutal.

I don't think the idea is a good one, they can probably find it out other ways, but this is the clear reason for it.

“Every generation needs a new revolution.”

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.”

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither”

“Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government.”

Thomas Jefferson quotes (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. 1762-1826)

The more things change the more they stay the same. I suppose most progressive liberals would brush Jefferson off as a conservative relic. Great quotes

Typical liberal modus operandi ... "If you're not with us, you're with Rush" ...

... not to say that you're a liberal tennesseeboy ... just making a general point

He is.

More, he's an idiot. He still thinks he was banned from PPP for being liberal.

"The thought police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you." - George Orwell, 1984

So this of all things is what it takes for people to invoke George Orwell? Not The Patriot Act, "enhanced interogations", "extraordinary renditions", No Child Left Behind, The Help America Vote Act, The Global War on Terror, or The Axis of Evil? Nothing Orwellian about these right?