Would you be nervous?

major

Let's say we make it to the Super Bowl this year. How nervous would you be the week leading up to the game? After the SB 26 loss, I was a nervous wreck before SB 27 & 28.

The reason that I ask is because I remember Marv Levy saying on NFL Films/America's game that a fan called in one time and told Marv that he didn't want the Bills to go back to the Super Bowl because it was too painful (he meant if we were to lose again). Marv said to the caller that I share your anguish, but I wouldn't want you on my team.

I'll take the nervousness- I want to go back to the Super Bowl every year. GO BILLS! See you all in Miami for Super Bowl 44 when our Bills play the Eagles. TO vs. McNabb.

Let's say we make it to the Super Bowl this year. How nervous would you be the week leading up to the game? After the SB 26 loss, I was a nervous wreck before SB 27 & 28.

The reason that I ask is because I remember Marv Levy saying on NFL Films/America's game that a fan called in one time and told Marv that he didn't want the Bills to go back to the Super Bowl because it was too painful (he meant if we were to lose again). Marv said to the caller that I share your anguish, but I wouldn't want you on my team.

I'll take the nervousness- I want to go back to the Super Bowl every year. GO BILLS! See you all in Miami for Super Bowl 44 when our Bills play the Eagles. TO vs. McNabb.

jokester

If we made the Super Bowl this year I would throw the biggest party for myself. Living in East Lansing, MI and having very few Bills fans around me has its downfall. I would not be able to throw a party for my casual NFL fans and than have to play hostess if the Bills lost. I would watch the game alone in my room. If we won I would run naked through the streets of E.L. and promote a riot circa 2004-05. That is all.

If we finish 9-7, we could very possibly be one or two funny bounces of a lopsided ball away from the SB. Make it to the playoffs and anything can happen.

After all an 8-8 team made it to the SB and another 8-8 won its division and beat up the Colts....Anything is possible.....

The problem for the bills has been the perennially strong AFC East that includes a New England....Houston and Buffalo have the same problems....They just cannot get out of the gate from their division...

Another point...After all the Steelers had one of the average OL to go to the super bowl and win it They were able to win on the feet/arm of Big Ben and that Super Defense run by LeBeau. The Steelers OL gave up 45+ sacks last year...

I hope Trent is a much different QB this year (for the better) and Fewell can finally put it all together on the defense...At least on paper he has all the weapons he needs.

I was more nervous as SBs 27 & 28 came about...knowing that group wasn't going to get many more chances, not to mention stopping the world from making jokes of us.

If they made it this year, I'd be nervous, but wouldn't expect a thing.

The problem for the bills has been the perennially strong AFC East that includes a New England....Houston and Buffalo have the same problems....They just cannot get out of the gate from their division...

I used to subscribe to the "tough division" excuse, until I thought it out more clearly.

Even if you have 3 somewhat equally matched divisional foes, someone has to come out on top - even if that means 8-8 for 4 teams. Every division gets at least one representative in the superbowl tourney known as the playoffs. If a team can't take their division with at least an 8-8 record, they probably have no business being in the playoffs, much less the superbowl. With an 8-8 record, even if each team in the division split each series, that means they only won 4 of their 10 out-of-division contests.

Any team that can't be victorious in the easiest part of the elimination process - coming out on top of a 4-team grouping called a division - simply ain't good enough. So what if New England or Miami are tough? If the Bills are better, they should win those games. If not, they're not championship caliber. End of story.

Blaming a "tough division" is a lame excuse.

If we made the Super Bowl this year I would throw the biggest party for myself. Living in East Lansing, MI and having very few Bills fans around me has its downfall. I would not be able to throw a party for my casual NFL fans and than have to play hostess if the Bills lost. I would watch the game alone in my room. If we won I would run naked through the streets of E.L. and promote a riot circa 2004-05. That is all.

with you bro id go to my family reunion butt ass naked runnin around the joint with a bills tat on my ass