Misheard lyrics

Assquatch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an email a few weeks ago a work and it was video of Cockers performance of "have a little help from my friends" at Woodstcok. It included little cartoons and captions of what it thought he was signing.

A classic

I love this classic

Completely indecipherable.

Video was funny, but they could have done a better job with the mistranslation, in some spots, IMO.

Still, very nice,.

Not a lyric, but this reminds me of a radio station contest I heard about 20 years ago, "What's Keith Richards Saying?". The station would play a clip from a Keith Richards interview, and the first caller to correctly translate what he was saying won concert tickets or a CD player or something.

It was amazing how truly incomprehensible the man was. Worse than Ozzy.

As heard by my friend's 5-7 year old daughters

The Go-Go's "Alex the Seal", which they like to play over and over and sing to.

It doesn't matter what they say

In the jealous games people play

Alex the Seal

Pay no mind to what they say

It doesn't matter anyway

Alex the Seal

We just think it is too cute to correct them.

As heard by my friend's 5-7 year old daughters

The Go-Go's "Alex the Seal", which they like to play over and over and sing to.

It doesn't matter what they say

In the jealous games people play

Alex the Seal

Pay no mind to what they say

It doesn't matter anyway

Alex the Seal

We just think it is too cute to correct them.

:beer:

And you're right - don't correct them. :rolleyes:

Not a lyric, but this reminds me of a radio station contest I heard about 20 years ago, "What's Keith Richards Saying?". The station would play a clip from a Keith Richards interview, and the first caller to correctly translate what he was saying won concert tickets or a CD player or something.

It was amazing how truly incomprehensible the man was. Worse than Ozzy.

I remember a radio commercial a few years back for the Fall RV Show and some octagenarians showed up looking for the Paul Harvey Show. :rolleyes:

Growing up I always thought this from Sundown ~Gordon Lightfoot:

Misheard:

"Sundown ya better take care

If I find you bin drinking my Labatt's beer"

Original:

"Sundown ya better take care

If I find you bin creepin' 'round my back stairs"

Hey it is fitting! What is worse? Someone messing around with your girl or drinking your beer! Who can blame me? Wasn't Lightfoot from Orillia, ONT? :worthy:

Now my wife always thought this from Pink House ~John Mellencamp:

Misheard:

"And there's a woman in the kitchen cleanin' up the evening slop

And he looks at her and says: "Hey darling, I can remember when you could starve a fly"

Original:

"And there's a woman in the kitchen cleanin' up the evening slop

And he looks at her and says: "Hey darling, I can remember when you could stop a clock"

WTF is "starve a fly?" :worthy::worthy: Man did I give her the business for that one! She usually never mishears a song.

I have another one that damn near started a bar brawl. Big and Rich's Coming to Your City, has a line in the first verse that goes: In the middle of a Charleston night, we ran into Jesco White and a little moonshine got us bright plum smacked insane.

for those who don't know who Jesco White is, he's what you would call a cult folk hero in West Virginia and lives just outside of Charleston

Well a girl that was with us told me that I sang it wrong and its Jessica White a model from West Virginia because John Rich told her personally. I called her out on it because I knew the story behind the song and the fact that I had the lyrics from the CD case. What happened next was a scene any parent of a five year old can relate to, she threw a temper tantrum I kid you not. She threw her drink at me and screamed at the top of her lungs that she was right because John Rich told her so. This of course got us kicked out of the bar. As we were walking to the cars, I got the cd case out and showed her and her boyfriend just to egg her on a little more which resulted in my case being destroyed. Ah fun times.