Foreman Grill

ajzepp

I had a Foreman grill several years ago when I was married and really liked it. I wanted to buy another one, so I went online to see what they were going for on Amazon and there are like FIFTY of these things now. What happened to having just one simple Foreman grill? Now they have all different shapes, sizes, colors, etc.

Any of you guys using one of these and can maybe help me figure out which one to buy? I just want something to grill burgers, steaks, chicken, etc on.

This is the one we got....

http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman-GRP4-.../ref=pd_sim_k_5

Good size and removable plates so you can put them in the dishwasher.

Thanks, Jack....does yours seem to get hot enough on both top and bottom? Seems like that's the only ding people have given in in the customer feedback.

I can't believe how many of these damn things there are now....what's wrong with just one product that works great, like it used to be? This is nuts.

Try this

I had a Foreman grill several years ago when I was married and really liked it. I wanted to buy another one, so I went online to see what they were going for on Amazon and there are like FIFTY of these things now. What happened to having just one simple Foreman grill? Now they have all different shapes, sizes, colors, etc.

Any of you guys using one of these and can maybe help me figure out which one to buy? I just want something to grill burgers, steaks, chicken, etc on.

Philster and Hops: You guys both pretty happy with your grills? Maybe I need to go in another direction than what George has to offer. I'm not all that worried about the money factor, I just want a well built, somewhat easy to clean grill that does what it's supposed to do.

Philster and Hops: ...

It gets the job done. I mostly use it for paninis more than anything. I'd broil a steak before I'd use this thing. The removable grill pieces are the biggest benefit. Today, I'd probably go with a Foreman to save on cost.

It gets the job done. I mostly use it for paninis more than anything. I'd broil a steak before I'd use this thing. The removable grill pieces are the biggest benefit. Today, I'd probably go with a Foreman to save on cost.

I've a 10 year-old one. That's all I use it for. It has a downward slope for draining off grease (somebody evaluated that less-grease claim sometime back - for burgers, it was negligible at best).

I prop up the front of it so the sandwich doesn't slide off.

I have to admit, I ate healthier with the Foreman Grill. I lived on a high floor where you couldn't grill on the balcony, so I got used to the Foreman. It is great if you season chicken breast or salmon. It does suck the grease out of burgers....2 burgers on mine and it would fill the grease tray.

I wouldn't do steak on it though. I'd fry up a nice veal steak or strip before I'd Foreman it. Cube steaks come good though.

I love mine...did a big steak on it the other day...easy to clean with the removable plates and easy to use

Yeah, I'm not even sure how many changes they've made over the years, but the removable plates was the best improvement they could've made. It's such a simple idea, but the guy who thought it up better have received a ton of money for it.