Levitre and Wood to start

chetsap

smart, strong, mobile, hostile, and motivated. that's the new cutting edge nfl line, not the over paid peters types -- you want 5 guys as a unit (and particularly 3 in the middle who are machines), not some super star idiot and some softies.

smart, strong, mobile, hostile, and motivated. that's the new cutting edge nfl line, not the over paid peters types -- you want 5 guys as a unit (and particularly 3 in the middle who are machines), not some super star idiot and some softies.

The Steelers proved your point last year.

kinda scary starting 2 rookies but i think they will surprise us.

go bills

It's hard to imagine these guys will be any more underwhelming than the offensive lines from the past several years. In fact, as hope tends to spring eternal, I will be cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season.

Not a surprise at all. I actually think they will help solidify the middle in the run game. It's our entire O-Line on pass protection that worries me the most

Agree. The run game should be solid, pass protection scary.

I think Wolford and Ballard started their rookie years. Wolford played guard before moving to tackle his 2nd year. There are many instances where rookie O-lineman start and play well.

Ballard didn't start until his fourth year. Link

It's hard to imagine these guys will be any more underwhelming than the offensive lines from the past several years. In fact, as hope tends to spring eternal, I will be cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season.

What he said. :huh:

I am glad the Bills have put their cards on the table. Anything else would be a distraction. The Bills dealt themselves this hand when the Peters trade unfolded. I've said in other posts this is a high risk high reward (loss) scenario. If they truly get tougher in the middle and hold up at the edges then there is potential for a good season. If not the coaching staff is gone and we start anew again.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Agreed. Once the interior gels they will be there for a long time to come. A first round LT in the draft next year might make the line one of the best.

Maybe Bell will be ready to take over by then instead. :huh:

Yes!

Thank god...

still have to wonder if it wouldn't have been smarter to pay Peters Levitre's salary to keep him, or just a fraction of the money from the Dockery savings....

BUT given the retardation of our front office, I'm just thankful that we are actually starting the guys we picked up....and getting it out of the way early so its not a distraction...

decisiveness? how un-Jauronian

kudos!!!

Go BILLS!!!

I think Wolford and Ballard started their rookie years. Wolford played guard before moving to tackle his 2nd year. There are many instances where rookie O-lineman start and play well.

Wilford yes. Ballard no. He just walked up and down the sideline with Jim Ringo learning everything he could.

GO BILLS!!!

PS - Might be worth noting that Wolford started as a guard his first year. Left side, I believe.

I heard a recent interview with Joe Delamalier the other day. He started his Rookie year & said the average age of that line was 23 Years old. The Team went 9-7 that year.

9-7 would be soooo much better than 7-9....