LenDale White's Weight-loss secret

Bmwolf21

White dropped 30 pounds this offseason by cutting out alcohol. How much Patron was he drinking?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Not Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem. Forget about hiring a private chef to cook healthy meals.

LenDale White lost more than 30 pounds this offseason and is in his fourth training camp with the Tennessee Titans at his slimmest weight since high school. The running back admits he wishes he understood earlier in his career the importance of being in shape.

Just how did he lose the weight? White gave up tequila.

"I really got to be honest," White said. "It wasn't a lot of major diet changes. (It was) watching what I drink. I was a big Patron consumer. ... That's what it was. I was drinking a lot, drank a lot of alcohol. I cut that out of my diet all the way. I don't drink at all. I cut the drinking, I stopped drinking for six months.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...a.ap/index.html

As disturbing as that might sound, I think I'd lose around the same amount of weight if I cut out alcohol too

I can't comment on your physical condition, but (assuming he is eating "right" and working out nearly year round for his job) it seems to me he would have to be taking in an obscene amount of empty calories through alcohol in order to be 30 pounds overweight. Or maybe not. I don't know. It just seemed that a pro athlete losing 30 pounds from cutting out alcohol was a lot more than I would have expected.

As disturbing as that might sound, I think I'd lose around the same amount of weight if I cut out alcohol too

I can't remember the last time I had a drink to be honest... We still have several unopened bottles of liquor from our wedding almost 4 years ago in the house...if all the alcohol on the planet disappeared one night and never returned, it wouldn't bother me at all...don't get me wrong, I like a good drink now and again like everyone else, but it really wouldn't bother me too much if I never drank again in my lifetime...

I never thought I would say that while I was in college as we drank heavily several times a week, but as I got older, it just never really mattered much to me...

It probably wasn't just the alcohol, I mean think of all the times you're out drinking and its like 2 or 3 in the morning and you're like "wow a couple slices of pizza sound great right about now" so you eat a few slices and go to bed not too long after, thats probably where that weight is coming from

It probably wasn't just the alcohol, I mean think of all the times you're out drinking and its like 2 or 3 in the morning and you're like "wow a couple slices of pizza sound great right about now" so you eat a few slices and go to bed not too long after, thats probably where that weight is coming from

He probably started AA (sounds like to me) and cut out the reefer also... same story no more crave for oreos and ben and jerrys

I can't comment on your physical condition, but (assuming he is eating "right" and working out nearly year round for his job) it seems to me he would have to be taking in an obscene amount of empty calories through alcohol in order to be 30 pounds overweight. Or maybe not. I don't know. It just seemed that a pro athlete losing 30 pounds from cutting out alcohol was a lot more than I would have expected.

He may have been drinking like that for, what, 5 - 7 years? 4 - 6 pounds a year? It's a lot of alcohol, but not an obscene amount. After the age of 25, the average American puts on 2 pounds a year.

Cool that he wised up.

yeah someone with a brain to figure it out.

Lendale lost 37 pounds in 26 weeks.

You need a caloric deficit of 3500 calories/week to lose 1 pound.

Tequila has around 65 calories per ounce.

Let's assume that he lost 1 pound per week (26) from quitting the Patron (the other 11 pounds were drunk food).

3500/65=53.8

If he kept all things the same and just quit drinking/sipping straight tequila then he was drinking roughly 53.8 ounces of Patron per week, averages out to about 7.6 ounces per day. If we don't count in the 11 pounds from food then he drank even more.

Fat Drunkard, good for him.

It probably made him feel a lot better so he could work out more. JMO

I can't remember the last time I had a drink to be honest... We still have several unopened bottles of liquor from our wedding almost 4 years ago in the house...if all the alcohol on the planet disappeared one night and never returned, it wouldn't bother me at all...don't get me wrong, I like a good drink now and again like everyone else, but it really wouldn't bother me too much if I never drank again in my lifetime...

I never thought I would say that while I was in college as we drank heavily several times a week, but as I got older, it just never really mattered much to me...

What he said. :blink:

He probably started AA (sounds like to me) and cut out the reefer also... same story no more crave for oreos and ben and jerrys

That's what I was thinking too. He may not want to admit that publicly yet.

Let's assume that he lost 1 pound per week (26) from quitting the Patron (the other 11 pounds were drunk food).

3500/65=53.8

If he kept all things the same and just quit drinking/sipping straight tequila then he was drinking roughly 53.8 ounces of Patron per week, averages out to about 7.6 ounces per day. If we don't count in the 11 pounds from food then he drank even more.

I'm thirsty

3500/65=53.8

Excessive alcohol consumption can make a person retain a considerable amount of water weight as well.

It probably made him feel a lot better so he could work out more. JMO

What he said. :blink:

That's what I was thinking too. He may not want to admit that publicly yet.

Either he started AA or he got a tough new girlfriend; that level of drinking is hard to curb cold turkey without support. Something changed in his life.

Either he started AA or he got a tough new girlfriend; that level of drinking is hard to curb cold turkey without support. Something changed in his life.

I know what changed. It was the thought that he will never see the field ever again because Chris Johnson is a gamer and will never let him touch the football again.

Excessive alcohol consumption can make a person retain a considerable amount of water weight as well.

Boom... That's the key

You gain a lot of weight from the actual alcohol and the drunk food (mighty, jims, tahous, etc.), but most of it is water. Cut out the alcohol, you lose 5 lbs of alcohol fat and 25 lbs of water weight. It happened to me! I never really worked out or anything but i drank beer all the time, excessively. I decided to make one single lifestyle adjustment: Switch beer for tap water. I went from 199 to 175 without even finding the gym in my town. It's all water weight!

Now, lets see what LenDale can do on the field stone cold sober.

Good for him. I'm not a heavy drinker, and at 22 I probably should be, considering that's what "college kids" do, right? But good for White, even NFL players gotta party now and again. Then again, I would think most NFL players party more than the average person. See: Jones, Pacman circa 2007 "makin' it rain" incident in Las Vegas.

You assume that heavy drinkiking = addiction. This may or may not be true. He could have just decided to stop on his own without a 12 step program. Either way good for him.

Boom... That's the key

You gain a lot of weight from the actual alcohol and the drunk food (mighty, jims, tahous, etc.), but most of it is water. Cut out the alcohol, you lose 5 lbs of alcohol fat and 25 lbs of water weight. It happened to me! I never really worked out or anything but i drank beer all the time, excessively. I decided to make one single lifestyle adjustment: Switch beer for tap water. I went from 199 to 175 without even finding the gym in my town. It's all water weight!

Now, lets see what LenDale can do on the field stone cold sober.

I thought the garbage plate was healthy! no bun...