LenDale White's Weight-loss secret

Bmwolf21

You assume that heavy drinkiking = addiction. This may or may not be true. He could have just decided to stop on his own without a 12 step program. Either way good for him.

Either way I bet he was smoking plenty of reefer too and if he stopped both this helped him lose plenty.

The way he described it himself though, he was a VERY heavy drinker.

well, he is coming into a contract year. I'd say that has more to do with it. Also, I can buy into the weight loss because it's not really about the calories to me. I think that the alcohol would just slow his whole system down, so whatever he ate, regardless of caloric content would take longer to process and metabolize. It would stand to reason then if he wasn't having alcohol at all his system would be more efficient overall. Plus, like it was pointed out earlier, no alcohol means no hangovers. It's easier to go for that extra run or that extra workout not hungover. Mostly though, it's the contract year.

well, he is coming into a contract year. I'd say that has more to do with it. Also, I can buy into the weight loss because it's not really about the calories to me. I think that the alcohol would just slow his whole system down, so whatever he ate, regardless of caloric content would take longer to process and metabolize. It would stand to reason then if he wasn't having alcohol at all his system would be more efficient overall. Plus, like it was pointed out earlier, no alcohol means no hangovers. It's easier to go for that extra run or that extra workout not hungover. Mostly though, it's the contract year.

Money trumps all else for most. Except Ricky Williams for a few years there.

Either he started AA or he got a tough new girlfriend; that level of drinking is hard to curb cold turkey without support. Something changed in his life.

I did it cold turkey and didn't drink for 10 years. My motivation? A colleague of mine died at a very young age of liver cancer and he was a very heavy drinker too. Scared straight.

i bet the main reason lendale is taking this year seriously is due to the performance of chris johnson last year.

ya, i'm thikin thats what it is. Chris made the probowl, he will be entering a contract year soon, so ya, I'd say his ego and $ was his main motivation. Whatever it takes.

My guess is he cut out other things, not just his booze. Even healthy drinks like fruit juices have a lot of calories and dont fill you up. Trading Gatorade for water alone could cut 600+ cals out of your diet a day, not too mention a soda or something. Best way to cut cals is drink only water.

Well...when I was young and single many years ago a night of Alchohol included the nuts and chips, the texas red hots and garbage plates. I wonder if Len Dale also cut out the culinary accoutrements of the drinking life? Probably would have helped reach those thirty pounds.