• random
    • I don't
    • other

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should thank your lucky stars you live in the twentieth century, bucko. Let me tell you about ... corncobs. You may not believe this, but it was once common practice in rural America to leave a corncob hanging from a string in the outhouse for purposes of personal hygiene. The string, I gather, was to permit the cob to be reused. For those who were punctilious in these matters, or else blessed with an abundance of corncobs, a box of disposable cobs might be provided instead. In coastal regions, the cob might be replaced by a mussel shell.

:blink:

I don't trust anyone who answers random. It's just friggin' unnatural. :blink:

I'm not a "random" eater, but I sometimes vary between end-to-end and around, sometimes on the same cob. Typically, though, I am a typewriter.

My brother removes the corn with a knife. The pusssy.

It is always in the back of my mind to pusssy out! Here is why:

My front two teeth were knocked out as a child... They put them back in and they lasted 20 years with medicine filled root canals... I finally had the DDS put a bridge in 2002... I am gonna look like Bobby Clarke if I ever meet a ear of corn I can't handle... :blink:

Clarke

Timely poll, Jay! This topic came up at the family dinner table a couple weeks ago. I'm an end-to-ender but my wife and kids are around-and-arounders. I postulated that maybe it was somehow because of my Western New York origins, given that my wife is from South Carolina and my kids were born and raised here in the SF Bay Area.

I look forward to a robust data set so that I can report back to the family with statistically significant poll results. :blink:

How could anyone eat both sides at once? That would require buttering the whole ear and most of it is going to end up on the floor. Butter the top, eat that, flip over and butter the bottom. I thought that was just common sense.

I guess I'm uncommonly senseless..

I drench the whole cob in butter, twirling it around so butter is dripping from everywhere. Mmm Mmm GOOD!

My wife's an 'around-and-around'er, I'm an 'end-to-end'er...

Timely poll, Jay! This topic came up at the family dinner table a couple weeks ago. I'm an end-to-ender but my wife and kids are around-and-arounders. I postulated that maybe it was somehow because of my Western New York origins, given that my wife is from South Carolina and my kids were born and raised here in the SF Bay Area.

I look forward to a robust data set so that I can report back to the family with statistically significant poll results. ;)

Yet both of you have managed to somehow make it work and stay married!! :blink:

I drench the whole cob in butter, twirling it around so butter is dripping from everywhere. Mmm Mmm GOOD!

What he said. There are corn of the cob dishes that will make that an even better experience. <_<

My BIL has an old family recipe where they cut the corn off and fry it butter. It's really good! :D:)

I don't put anything on the corn -- if it's good corn, it doesn't need salt or butter.

I'm not a "random" eater, but I sometimes vary between end-to-end and around, sometimes on the same cob. Typically, though, I am a typewriter.

As long as you have a method then we're cool. It's the people who go into it without any plan and end up with small patches of corn here and there that make me nervous.

I don't put anything on the corn -- if it's good corn, it doesn't need salt or butter.

But it tastes so much better with the butter and salt !

In India, the street vendors also serve it with lemon and red chili powder - take half a lemon and rub it against the corn, then sprinkle chili powder.

In India, the street vendors also serve it with lemon and red chili powder - take half a lemon and rub it against the corn, then sprinkle chili powder.

Now THAT sounds really good... I might try that next time!

I grew up with butter and salt. Anything else is heinous blasphemy.But lemon and chili powder? I may need to experiment