Maybe the play-off drought ends when.......

LIBills

Maybe the play-off drought will end when we all admit that the MCM was a BACKWARDS pass.

Too many Bills fans think that it was a forward pass when it was totally obvious that it wasn't .

Plus we also seem to forget that the bills FELL FOR THAT TRICKERY.

I am as big a Bills fan as the next person, but we have to move on and admit it was a legal play, so maybe we can get this play-off monkey off our back.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but the truth is truth.

Maybe the play-off drought will end when we all admit that the MCM was a BACKWARDS pass.

Too many Bills fans think that it was a forward pass when it was totally obvious that it wasn't .

I am as big a Bills fan as the next person, but we have to move on and admit it was a legal play, so maybe we can get this play-off monkey off our back.

It's funny you should post this today I was actually just watching clips of it. I said to myself, "how can any idiot not realize that it was a forward pass?" Wycheck is behind the 30 when he throws it. Dyson, clearly past the 30 yard line, I don't think that is disputed at all, catches it. What makes it tough is that Dyson leans back to the right and moves his hands to the right to catch the ball, meaning it was incredibly close to being a lateral, while appearing to be a forward pass based on the physical location of the two men relative to the 30 yard line.

Was it a forward pass? Official opinion: Too close to call. It is not clear either way so no one should be a D*ck to anyone else for believing one or the other.

What is clear and what I still believe today: There was NO way in hell that the refs were gonna take that away from the home crowd. If that game's in Buffalo, could be a different story, we'll never know. All I know is that the refs knew beer bottles, debris, and who knows what else would have rained down on the field if they took away the TD.

In conclusion, I agree. Let's move on. Let's make the F***** playoffs for once this year and do some damage.

(On a side note, I was also watching highlights of the 05-06 sabres and still cannot believe that team didn't win the cup. It still hurts me unbelievably bad)

Maybe for once something great will happen to the city of Buffalo. We can only hope. :worthy:

Yea that's it.... our drought will end when we as fans admit something..... get out of here with this garbage...... because the playoff hopes of the Bills hang in the balance based off of what the fans think :worthy::cry:

Que? :cry: Estas muy loco en la cabeza. :worthy:

On the contrary, I believe it's the curse of not starting Flutie and going with Rob Johnson against the Titans. :cry:

But, Flutie started the playoff game year before and fumbled the game away. So maybe it got started there, but the Bills had a mulligan coming for the next year. :worthy:

It will most likley end when we have the talent to compete in th afc east

awesome 5th post dude. really, just full of insight and intelligence. yes, once we all realize that, THEN the curse will be lifted.

that, or we need a real GM and scouting department, and an owner willing to spend money on players, and a coach that has a history of winning. you know, it might be the MCM curse, or the fact we are lacking in those 3 things listed above...

i just rewatched it on youtube and that still really looks like the ball is traveling forward...sorry

EDIT:

Actually on further review, Wycheck is clearly behind the 30 yard line when he throws the ball and Dyson is over the 30 yard line or at least even with it, when he catches...it clearly appears the ball traveled forward, even just looking at the flight of the ball in the air...it looks like it is going slightly forward...definitely not backwards...only thing someone could possibly say after really taking a good look at it would be that the ball traveled on a straight line and went neither forward nor backward...

EDIT:

Actually on further review, Wycheck is clearly behind the 30 yard line when he throws the ball and Dyson is over the 30 yard line or at least even with it, when he catches...it clearly appears the ball traveled forward, even just looking at the flight of the ball in the air...it looks like it is going slightly forward...definitely not backwards...only thing someone could possibly say after really taking a good look at it would be that the ball traveled on a straight line and went neither forward nor backward...

Strictly speaking it doesn't matter where Wycheck's body was, all that matters is where THE BALL was when it left his hand, in comparison to where Dyson caught it. And I still believe it was a forward pass.

EPIC FAIL

I will NEVER admit the pass was backwards. NEVER!! Mostly because it was a forward pass.