Maybe the play-off drought ends when.......

LIBills

I have a whole series of freeze frames, grid inlays, and trajectory theory collected as a school project that proves it was, indeed, and forward pass. If there is a way to post said proof on the wall I will do so, but someone will have to let me know how to post pictures.

However, in short, the view that convinces most it was a legal pass is from the point of view of someone sitting to the right of the 25 yard line as the Ball is being throw towards said viewpoint.

3 minute mark of this video.

The trajectory of the ball plays a trick on ones site while it travels, because it travels along an arch (due to gravity) that cause the illusion of distance when viewed at an angle. The balls rises along an arch once it leave Wychecks hand before dropping due to gravity. When viewed at this angle, it gives the illusion that the ball is moving backwards, when it reality the ball is moving in a straight line , and the drop in distance one sees is actually the drop in height of the ball relative to the ground. The best way I can think to put it is this. Next time you are in the passenger seat of a car, look over at the speedometer, and note the speed. Then ask the driver the speed. Because you are looking at it from an angle, you view the speed to be slightly less than the drive, who is looking straight at the dial. That is a very simplified way to describe it, pictures make it clearer.

I have a whole series of freeze frames, grid inlays, and trajectory theory collected as a school project that proves it was, indeed, and forward pass. If there is a way to post said proof on the wall I will do so, but someone will have to let me know how to post pictures.

However, in short, the view that convinces most it was a legal pass is from the point of view of someone sitting to the right of the 25 yard line as the Ball is being throw towards said viewpoint.

If it was forward, it was illegal, not legal. You can't throw the ball forward on a runback.

On the contrary, I believe it's the curse of not starting Flutie and going with Rob Johnson against the Titans. :ph34r:

:P This is the origin of a curse, if it indeed exists. It was only made worse by forcing out Bledsoe in exchange for JP.

Also, I'll never see anything that says that it not a forward pass.

It's funny you should post this today I was actually just watching clips of it. I said to myself, "how can any idiot not realize that it was a forward pass?" Wycheck is behind the 30 when he throws it. Dyson, clearly past the 30 yard line, I don't think that is disputed at all, catches it. What makes it tough is that Dyson leans back to the right and moves his hands to the right to catch the ball, meaning it was incredibly close to being a lateral, while appearing to be a forward pass based on the physical location of the two men relative to the 30 yard line.

Was it a forward pass? Official opinion: Too close to call. It is not clear either way so no one should be a D*ck to anyone else for believing one or the other.

What is clear and what I still believe today: There was NO way in hell that the refs were gonna take that away from the home crowd. If that game's in Buffalo, could be a different story, we'll never know. All I know is that the refs knew beer bottles, debris, and who knows what else would have rained down on the field if they took away the TD.

In conclusion, I agree. Let's move on. Let's make the F***** playoffs for once this year and do some damage.

(On a side note, I was also watching highlights of the 05-06 sabres and still cannot believe that team didn't win the cup. It still hurts me unbelievably bad)

Maybe for once something great will happen to the city of Buffalo. We can only hope. :P

It's not about the feet, if it was, it would have been a forward pass and the Bills would have won the SB that year.

It's about the ball. Where did it leave the passer's hand and where was the ball when it touched the receivers hand. A probably unfortunately correct call.

Yes, the Bills did fall for it. Remember how abysmal our ST's were that year ?