Who was there?

The Bills Jets game -28 with wind chill how many of my fellow bills fans beat the elements and went to this game? The lasting image i have from that game is as a 9 year old asking my dad why those men have NO SHIRT ON? and my dad looking back at me laughing with no answer. Classic Buffalo Bills moment for me, just wanted to see who else was at that game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills Jets game -28 with wind chill how many of my fellow bills fans beat the elements and went to this game? The lasting image i have from that game is as a 9 year old asking my dad why those men have NO SHIRT ON? and my dad looking back at me laughing with no answer. Classic Buffalo Bills moment for me, just wanted to see who else was at that game.

Me

Me too. My buddy and I did not even bother getting out of the truck to head into the stadium till about ten minutes before kickoff! Man it was F'n cold!!!

I had 2 pairs of snow pants on the buffalo bills ski mask my whole body was vaselined up i couldnt move i had so much clothes on probably went through a 50 pack of hand warmers. My dad had to sneak us out of the house cause my mother told him no way in hell we were going to that game

Didn't we win the division that day? I think we kicked a field goal to win it? Was that the game you are referring to?

I think we won the division the week before against the chiefs, thats why the sellout streak was broken the jets game

I was there too!

I remember that day and the Oakland game the next week being the 2 coldest games I've ever been to. I was 12 at the time, and my mother made my father (who always sat next to me and still does to this day) promise to take off my boots and add new hand-warmers every 20 minutes. I swear I had like 15 of those things in my boots when the game ended.

I didn't get the feeling in my toes back until that Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure I was there. It was a freezing cold day, but really sunny, right? I remember that there were still around 65,000 in house. It felt like someone shot my toes off with a shotgun. My buddy and I left and went to his car and drank beers with the heat cranking and Van on the raido and the windows down so we could hear the actual cheering. Then we beat a retreat to Rappl's in OP to celebrate. Good times.

I was there, and I think it was the last game of the season. Two weeks later at home against the Raiders in the playoffs, it was almost as cold again! I don't remember how the Bills won the Jets game, I think I was just happy to thaw out after the game. I do remember Steve Tasker running back a squib kick almost for a TD against the Raiders in that playoff win - it was one of the strangest kick off returns I can remember watching. The ball was line driven almost directly into Taskers' hands and he basically just took off untouched almost into the end zone. Again, I don't remeber too much else about that playoff win over the Raiders, other then that game was damn cold too!

The next week it finally warmed up into the 30's or so, and the Bills blew out Joe Montana led Kansas City to earn their 4th trip to the SB in a row. Now that was a great game to watch. Esecially when Bruce and Biscuit met at Montana early in the second half and drove him right into retirement. As fantastic as Montana's career was, and most fans believe he was the best QB to ever play in NFL history, that sack by Bruce and Biscuit that slammed the back of his head into the ground, was the last play of his illustrius football career.

Those were the days, all rgiht!! :w00t:

I was at that Raiders game and the Chiefs playoff game too. That Raiders game was colder than the Jets game I think. We were losing for most of the game until Tasker single handedly brought us right back in it with that play. That was so cold that day. The Chiefs playoff game was almost warm and balmy though. Great times those were for sure.

I had 2 pairs of snow pants on the buffalo bills ski mask my whole body was vaselined up i couldnt move i had so much clothes on probably went through a 50 pack of hand warmers. My dad had to sneak us out of the house cause my mother told him no way in hell we were going to that game

You must have looked like Randy, in "The Christmas Story."

:w00t:

I was there also. I remember tailgating and while I was drinking a beer it froze, so we opened a bottle of wine and it froze also. My boots and ski pants that I was wearing both were burned and melted from standing too close to the fire we built in the parking lot and I was still cold.

I was there. Froze my a$$ off at that game, though I still don't think it was as cold as the Raiders game a few years prior to that. I think the Raiders game that was absolutely bone chilling was in '88 or '89, I can't remember and I'm to lazy right now to look it up.

Anyway, I had the same problem as muddleman, I was tailgating with a bunch of people, had a keg in a U-Haul with a turbo heater in the back but as soon as you made your way down the iced up ramp, your beer was frozen. I actually lost a couple of toe tips at that game. GOOD TIMES THOUGH!!

I was at the game with my younger sister & my dad. After the first quarter my dad looked at me, I looked at my dad with icecycles hanging down from his mustache & there was only one thig left to say, he said "let's get the f*ck out of here" & with those emphatic words we headed to our car.

QUOTE (SF Bills Fan @ Jul 30 2009, 02:41 PM)

Didn't we win the division that day? I think we kicked a field goal to win it? Was that the game you are referring to?

I think we won the division the week before against the chiefs, thats why the sellout streak was broken the jets game

It was the day after Christmas. We won when the Jets kicker missed a game-winning kick at games' end. With that miss, we won the division.

I -er, Santa- took my son to the game. Because of the inhuman weather, he's hoped NOT to get Bills tix in his stocking since.. :w00t: JK.

I was there with my 2 brother in laws..Our beer froze as soon as we opened them..As a matter of fact we shoveled snow for 8 hrs in the stadium the night before, we made sure our row was shoveled out and then we went explored cashed out at 1030 and rested before we went back for the game the next morning...